1. Joined
    24 Feb '07
    Moves
    13 Dec '07 18:10
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    I've followed your posting history since you got here. Your only real argument for your faith is, "just try it!". Your attempt at persuasion is merely asserting things and expecting people to believe them because you say so.

And then you have the audacity to claim that the problem is a close-minded audience! Sorry, but 'open-minded' and 'gullible' are ...[text shortened]... believe fervently, but cannot be bothered to make a real effort to support your beliefs.
    Look, I'm not trying to convince you SwissGambit. I can't do it anyway. Only the Holy Spirit can convince of the truth. I apparently am not doing a good job of relaying my point. Sorry about that. I never claimed to be an all knowing theologian but I know what I believe and I know what is true and what is false. If you think I'm gullible I'm fine with that. I'm a school teacher, I've been called worse. It doesn't hurt my feelings. I'm not going to lose sleep over what the people in this thread think of me. I'm simply joining in the conversation and voicing what I know to be true. That Jesus Christ is the answer to any question that anyone could possibly ask in the history of the world. If you think I'm lazy well that's fine too. I'm not, but if you want to think it then fine. Just to clarify I'm most certainly not crazy.
    And as to me saying "just try it"- well what do you have to lose. Why not try it? What could it hurt? Sincerely try it and prove me wrong. Y'all have great day, especially you Swiss. 🙂
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    13 Dec '07 18:52
    Man, this got good after I had to go home. Great posts. It was good reading.
  3. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    13 Dec '07 19:181 edit
    Originally posted by chappy1
    Look, I'm not trying to convince you SwissGambit. I can't do it anyway. Only the Holy Spirit can convince of the truth. I apparently am not doing a good job of relaying my point. Sorry about that. I never claimed to be an all knowing theologian but I know what I believe and I know what is true and what is false. If you think I'm gullible I'm fine with erely try it and prove me wrong. Y'all have great day, especially you Swiss. 🙂
    I'm simply joining in the conversation and voicing what I know to be true. That Jesus Christ is the answer to any question that anyone could possibly ask in the history of the world.

So if I asked you who is the most prolific pederast in human history, you would answer "Jesus Christ"?

--------------------
    In the Big Lebowski, the Jesus is a pederast, btw -- and a good bowler.
  4. Joined
    24 Feb '07
    Moves
    13 Dec '07 22:35
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    [b]I'm simply joining in the conversation and voicing what I know to be true. That Jesus Christ is the answer to any question that anyone could possibly ask in the history of the world.

So if I asked you who is the most prolific pederast in human history, you would answer "Jesus Christ"?

--------------------
    In the Big Lebowski, the Jesus is a pederast, btw -- and a good bowler.[/b]
    Whoa! Wow! I think you've missed my point, or maybe you did understand it and were trying to be funny. It wasn't funny.
  5. Joined
    16 Aug '06
    Moves
    13 Dec '07 22:37
    It was pretty funny. You kinda walked into it though.
  6. Joined
    24 Feb '07
    Moves
    13 Dec '07 22:39
    Originally posted by darthmix
    It was pretty funny. You kinda walked into it though.
    I think you've missed the point too.
  7. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    14 Dec '07 00:23
    Funny thing with religious people - everyone else has always missed the point. But that's ok, right? You know the "truth".
  8. The sky
    Moves
    14 Dec '07 00:27
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    Funny thing with religious people - everyone else has always missed the point. But that's ok, right? You [b]know the "truth".[/b]

😉
  9. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    14 Dec '07 00:33
    Originally posted by Nordlys

😉
    You betcha!
  10. Joined
    24 Feb '07
    Moves
    14 Dec '07 01:00

😉
    If you compare Jesus Christ with a pederast then yes that person has missed the point. And, yes I do know the truth as does every other true Christian.
  11. Joined
    24 Feb '07
    Moves
    14 Dec '07 01:00

😉
    If you compare Jesus Christ with a pederast then yes that person has missed the point. And, yes I do know the truth as does every other true Christian.
  12. The sky
    Moves
    14 Dec '07 01:05
    If you think LemonJello compared Jesus Christ with a pederast, you missed his point.
  13. Joined
    14 May '03
    Moves
    14 Dec '07 02:31
    See now how do you determine a "true Christian" from a fake one?
  14. Joined
    24 Feb '07
    Moves
    14 Dec '07 02:57
    Originally posted by nook7
    See now how do you determine a "true Christian" from a fake one?
    by how they live their life.
  15. Joined
    14 May '03
    Moves
    14 Dec '07 03:03
    by how they live their life.
    So who decides what is the correct way to live your life?

Is it the Christian (Protestant) or is it the Catholic or the Mormon, 7th Day Adventist, the Greek Orthodox, Jew or the Muslim, what about the Buddhist Monk, or the Shinto Priest. Maybe even the athiest.

Please tell me which of these (or perhaps it is another?) is living the correct life?

Or are you even suggesting that none of the above is even relevant?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree