1. Colorado
    Moves
    01 Nov '05 23:58
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Do you really believe that crap?

Do you really think that following the dead over-inflated ego of some carpenter from some 3rd world country 2000 years ago is really what you should be doing with the time you have here on this planet?
    Considering what a lot of people do with their time here on earth, following the teachings of Jesus is not a bad choice.
  2. Colorado
    Moves
    02 Nov '05 00:04
    Originally posted by Pawnokeyhole
    RBHILL:

I have to say that I reluctantly admire the way that your simple Christian faith remains intact despite the fact that (a) its rational shortcomings have been interminably pointed out to you, and (b) you are endlessly the butt of jokes here because of your modest lexical and intellectual endowments. Your steadfastness in the face of these twin assaults verges on the supernatural. If I was God, I'd let you into heaven.
    I believe God is more concerned with our relationship with him than whether we have all the facts straight. Let’s face it, if hell was the consequence of not knowing the one truth behind the religions and scriptures, we would all go there.
  3. Forgotten
    Moves
    02 Nov '05 00:061 edit
    little known factoid
    in the king james bible,old testiment, when you see the name LORD in smaller but capital letters...in hebrew text the original word was the hebrew equivolent to YHVH or YHWH which is gods name and is holy and not to be spoken out loud.it is also called the tetragrammaton.
  4. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    02 Nov '05 00:08
    Originally posted by aspviper666
    little known factoid
    in the king james bible,old testiment, when you see the name LORD in smaller but capital letters...in hebrew text the original word was the hebrew equivolent to YHVH or YHWH which is gods name and is holy and not to be spoken out loud.it is also called the tetragrammaton.
    So the ones who go about saying LAWD LAWD LAWD are blaspheming, strictly speaking.
  5. Forgotten
    Moves
    02 Nov '05 00:14
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    So the ones who go about saying LAWD LAWD LAWD are blaspheming, strictly speaking.
    christ said many will say lord lord.....didnt he????
  6. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    02 Nov '05 01:54
    Originally posted by The Chess Express
    Maybe if you just capitalized the first letter of the word people wouldn’t think that you are shouting at them.

As a Christian you are supposed to deliver the message right? Do you think it serves God to deliver the message in a way that will put people off?
    Then that would mean that those that wrote, THE KING JAMES BIBLE Version and Capitalized the Words LORD and GOD, ofended you. I am not with the issue. You do. All I am doing is Praiseing and bringing glory to my GOD. Which I am supposed to do. Whether you or anyone likes it or not.
    So my Capitalizing or Qouteing Scripture is not the issue. The thruth of the matter is, sinners hate THE WORD OF GOD, In whatever form that it is in.
  7. Forgotten
    Moves
    02 Nov '05 02:001 edit
    dude
    I read the bible everyday i am farr from being a christian
    but i do know all have sinned ...that includes you
    so to call non believers sinners is judgemental on you part
    judge not....right???????? so i hope the bible puts you off also as you are a sinner also.
  8. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    02 Nov '05 02:23
    dude
    I read the bible everyday i am farr from being a christian
    but i do know all have sinned ...that includes you
    so to call non believers sinners is judgemental on you part
    judge not....right???????? so i hope the bible puts you off also as you are a sinner also.
    Nice that you read the BIBLE every day. But as you say , you are far from being a Christian. You say you know that all sinned includeing myself. Then since you read the BIBLE everyday and you are not a believer. Hve you not read that unless you come to accept come to accept the Salvation that is in JESUS CHRIST. You are doomed to everlasting punishment. You are doomed because You chose not to believe. If you read the BIBLE and reject CHRIST, you have rejected GOD. Then you also know that when you reject GOD, GOD rejects you. So I am not judgeing you or anyone else. You are being Judged by that BIBLE that you read every day. From which you will be judged.
  9. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    02 Nov '05 02:27
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    That seems to be some great information. Where is that written in THE WORD OF GOD, that HIS Name, should not be spoken out Loud.
    I mean, that does not THE WORD OF GOD say shout and praise HIS Name.
  10. Forgotten
    Moves
    02 Nov '05 03:22
    Originally posted by blindfaith101
    Nice that you read the BIBLE every day. But as you say , you are far from being a Christian. You say you know that all sinned includeing myself. Then since you read the BIBLE everyday and you are not a believer. Hve you not read that unless you come to accept come to accept the Salvation that is in JESUS CHRIST. You are doomed to everlasting punishment ...[text shortened]... else. You are being Judged by that BIBLE that you read every day. From which you will be judged.

judge not....right????????

sounds like i am doomed to hell.... judged by you.
    or are you god??????
  11. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    02 Nov '05 03:54

judge not....right????????

sounds like i am doomed to hell.... judged by you.
    or are you god??????
    THE WORD OF GOD dooms you to hell, not me. The day is comming one day soon when someone, beside myself will ask you. Do you know JESUS? Do you really know JESUS?
  12. Colorado
    Moves
    02 Nov '05 03:59
    Then that would mean that those that wrote, THE KING JAMES BIBLE Version and Capitalized the Words LORD and GOD, ofended you. I am not with the issue. You do. All I am doing is Praiseing and bringing glory to my GOD. Which I am supposed to do. Whether you or anyone likes it or not.
    So my Capitalizing or Qouteing Scripture is not the issue. The thruth of the matter is, sinners hate THE WORD OF GOD, In whatever form that it is in.
    The words God, Christ, etc do not always get totally capitalized as you claim. There are plenty of examples in scripture where only the first letter or nothing at all gets capitalized.
    Does this offend you?

Perhaps you should focus more on the message of the words, and not the heavy emphasis on capitalizing that makes you come across as overbearing at times.

People will either accept or reject what you say. THIS DOES NOT CONVINCE people.
  13. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    02 Nov '05 04:18
    The words God, Christ, etc do not always get totally capitalized as you claim. There are plenty of examples in scripture where only the first letter or nothing at all gets capitalized.
    Does this offend you?

Perhaps you should focus more on the message of the words, and not the heavy emphasis on capitalizing that makes you come across as overb ...[text shortened]... g at times.

People will either accept or reject what you say. THIS DOES NOT CONVINCE people.
    IF I offend others the way I serve GOD? Or the way I Worship God? Or talk about THE WORD OF GOD? Am I supposed to stop? To please a few? Or am I supposed to all that GOD, has put in my heart, to do?
    The issue is not really Capital Letters. The issue is, there are those who are sinning, and enjoy their sins. They think that there is no price to pay. They do not want to be reminded, that there is a price.
    The Solution is simmple enough. They do not have to look at the Scriptures. They do not have to look at THE WORD OF GOD, JESUS CHRIST, GOD, LORD, HOLY SPIRIT, and such words Capitalized. They do not have Read the their sins are carrying them to eternal damnation. They donot have to read or comment on mine or any other Believers Post. They can even complain to mangement if they choose. This is their choice, their freedom of choice.
  14. Colorado
    Moves
    02 Nov '05 04:251 edit
    IF I offend others the way I serve GOD? Or the way I Worship God? Or talk about THE WORD OF GOD? Am I supposed to stop? To please a few? Or am I supposed to all that GOD, has put in my heart, to do?
    The issue is not really Capital Letters. The issue is, there are those who are sinning, and enjoy their sins. They think that there is no price to pay. T ...[text shortened]... ey can even complain to mangement if they choose. This is their choice, their freedom of choice.
    It takes diplomacy to deliver a message. A good message can sound bad if it is presented wrong.

The truth can stand on it own. It doesn’t require shouting or hype to legitimize it.
  15. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    02 Nov '05 04:26
    Does this offend you?

Perhaps you should focus more on the message of the words, and not the heavy emphasis on capitalizing that makes you come across as overb ...[text shortened]... g at times.

You speak about Convincing others. Neither one of us know those that may pass through The Spirituality thread, read and keep on going. I am not trying to convince anyone. You say that the messages may be overbearing. But neither you or I know if GOD, has allowed or helped someone get saved. Or helped someone read something to help them stay saved. There are those here that have Focased on me, when the Focas should be on JESUS CHRIST.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree