A tribute to RBHILL

A tribute to RBHILL

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TCE

Colorado

Moves
02 Nov 05
4 edits

Originally posted by blindfaith101
You speak about Convincing others. Neither one of us know those that may pass through The Spirituality thread, read and keep on going. I am not trying to convince anyone. You say that the messages may be overbearing. But neither you or I know if GOD, has allowed or helped someone get saved. Or helped someone read something to help them stay saved. There are those here that have Focased on me, when the Focas should be on JESUS CHRIST.
You speak about Convincing others. Neither one of us know those that may pass through The Spirituality thread, read and keep on going. I am not trying to convince anyone.

If you’re not trying to convince people than it seems like you’re wasting a lot of energy with all the posts. Did Jesus say go out and spread the word so that none may be convinced?

You say that the messages may be overbearing. But neither you or I know if GOD, has allowed or helped someone get saved. Or helped someone read something to help them stay saved. There are those here that have Focased on me, when the Focas should be on JESUS CHRIST.

God can’t really save people if you keep unconvincing them.

You basically say "believe the way I do or burn in hell." You’re not qualified to say that.

Romans 11:33 "O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!"

Psalm 106:1 "PRAISE YE the Lord. O give thanks unto the Lord; for he is good: for his mercy endureth forever."

You base your message off of fear of God.

I John 4:18 “There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear has torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love."

I John 4:8 “He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.”

This is the wrong message to deliver according to the scripture.

Edit: Notice how the authors use the appropriate amount of capitalization.

b

Moves
03 Nov 05

Originally posted by The Chess Express
[b]You speak about Convincing others. Neither one of us know those that may pass through The Spirituality thread, read and keep on going. I am not trying to convince anyone.

If you’re not trying to convince people than it seems like you’re wasting a lot of energy with all the posts. Did Jesus say go out and spread the word so that none may b ...[text shortened]... to the scripture.

Edit: Notice how the authors use the appropriate amount of capitalization.[/b]
So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it. ISAIAH 55:11
You may not be convinced but THE WORD OF GOD, stands true. You talk like you know the plan of GOD. If you are saved? Then you be posting in the way that GOD gives you to post? If you are not saved you can not say. That you have not been stronly warned that if YOU, do not repent from your sins, and get Saved. You are going to everlasting damnation. Thats as simple a it gets. It is all your choice.
ROMANS 11:33 I hope that you understand that Scripture. You think that you know the JESUS in me? How do you know that the way GOD allows me to post, is wrong? Is this from your personal understanding. Or has THE HOLY SPIRIT told you this.
There is no fear in those that love the LORD. Please go back and reread 1 JOHN 4. Was not that Chapter an example for those, that love THE LORD. How do you know that the messages that THE LORD, has allowed are not directed towards Believers. Or believers that are backsliding or in a backslidding state.
When I say to the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; and thou givest him not the warning, nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life; the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand. Yet if thou warn the wicked, and he turn not from his wickedness, nor from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou has delievered thy soul. Again, when a righteous man doth turn from his righteousness, and commit iniquity, and I lay a stumbling block before him, he shall die: because you have not given him warning, he shall die in his sin, and his righteousness which he hath done shall not be remembered; but his blood will i require at thine hand. Nevertheless if thou warn the righteous man, that the righteous man, that the righteous man sin not, and he doth not sin, he shall surely live, because he is warned; also thou has delivered thy soul. EZEKIEL 3:18-21
What I to do? what pleases those on this website. Or please THE LORD GOD?

TCE

Colorado

Moves
03 Nov 05
2 edits

So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it. ISAIAH 55:11
You may not be convinced but THE WORD OF GOD, stands true. You talk like you know the plan of GOD. If you are saved? Then you be posting in the way tha ...[text shortened]... EZEKIEL 3:18-21
What I to do? what pleases those on this website. Or please THE LORD GOD?

Unless those who preach the word drive people away by SHOUTING OUT their fear based interpretation of it.

You may not be convinced but THE WORD OF GOD, stands true.

It would be nice if you believed the passages that I provided.

You talk like you know the plan of GOD.

I try to make sense of the scripture. It is you who continually says what God is going to do.

ROMANS 11:33 "O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!" I hope that you understand that Scripture. You think that you know the JESUS in me?

No, I know you by the judgments on behalf of God you make towards others.

How do you know that the way GOD allows me to post, is wrong? Is this from your personal understanding. Or has THE HOLY SPIRIT told you this.

It’s more from common sense. Again, the passages that I gave in my previous post speak for themselves. If these don’t convince you I’ll be happy to provide more that say basically the same thing.

People don’t like to be threatened with eternal hell all the time. That’s part of the reason why those days were called the Dark Ages. For you to continue to threaten people with it makes me wonder if there isn’t more fear of God’s wrath in you, than love of God’s goodness and mercy.

There is no fear in those that love the LORD. Please go back and reread

I John 4:18 “There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear has torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

I John 4:8 “He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.”
1 JOHN 4. Was not that Chapter an example for those, that love THE LORD.

This was the point I was trying to make to you. Fear will not likely convince somebody to turn to God. If this does happen, then they will fear God and not love him and then wind up in hell all because they listened to you.

How do you know that the messages that THE LORD, has allowed are not directed towards Believers. Or believers that are backsliding or in a backslidding state.

Because we are all God’s children. God created us all did he not? How can you not know this?

Psalm 65:2 “O thou that hearest prayer, unto thee shall all flesh come.”

When I say to the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; and thou givest him not the warning, nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life; the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand. Yet if thou warn the wicked, and he turn not from his wickedness, nor from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou has delievered thy soul. Again, when a righteous man doth turn from his righteousness, and commit iniquity, and I lay a stumbling block before him, he shall die: because you have not given him warning, he shall die in his sin, and his righteousness which he hath done shall not be remembered; but his blood will i require at thine hand. Nevertheless if thou warn the righteous man, that the righteous man, that the righteous man sin not, and he doth not sin, he shall surely live, because he is warned; also thou has delivered thy soul. EZEKIEL 3:18-21.

I believe this. Truly, I do, but there are better ways to get the message across.

If somebody turns to God, then they will turn from their wicked ways. This is a part of turning to God, but their not going to turn to God if people like you keep driving them away.

What I to do? what pleases those on this website.

Try toning it down some, and focusing more on the positive. Also, stay off of the caps key.

Or please THE LORD GOD?

Pay closer attention to the good than the bad. Work on loving God more than fearing him.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Nov 05

Rom 2:4
4 Or do you despise the riches of His goodness, forbearance, and longsuffering, not knowing that the goodness of God leads you to repentance?
(NKJ)

🙂

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Nov 05

There is a saying.."First you catch the fish, then you clean them"
another..."People don't care what you know, they want to know that you care".

John 3:17
17 "For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.
(NKJ)

b

Moves
03 Nov 05

Originally posted by The Chess Express
[b]So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it. ISAIAH 55:11

Unless those who preach the word drive people away by SHOUTING OUT their fear based interpretation of it.

You may not be convinced bu ...[text shortened]...

Pay closer attention to the good than the bad. Work on loving God more than fearing him.[/b]
I love THE LORD. I have no fear of THE LORD or HIS WORD, nor any unbeliever. All THE WORD OF THE LORD, stands true. God allows you to believe as you do. Just as HE allows me the same. All THE WORD, that HE has given you. You are bound by every word. Just as I am bound by every word, that HE has given me. You are to serve and believe in HIM. If you feel that this is the wrong approach, then use the approach HE has given you, if HE has. Or are you a pretend to be Christian?

b

Moves
03 Nov 05

Originally posted by checkbaiter
There is a saying.."First you catch the fish, then you clean them"
another..."People don't care what you know, they want to know that you care".

John 3:17
17 "For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.
(NKJ)
Then should you not about THE LORD'S business. Should you not fishinng for the Souls of men.

a

Forgotten

Moves
03 Nov 05

THE WORD OF GOD dooms you to hell, not me. The day is comming one day soon when someone, beside myself will ask you. Do you know JESUS? Do you really know JESUS?
*written in the blindfaith101 style of posting*

actually it is the SELFISHNESS OF ONES SELF that damns one
THE WORD OF GOD is simply a tool to use to improve ones self

b

Moves
03 Nov 05

Originally posted by aspviper666
*written in the blindfaith101 style of posting*

actually it is the SELFISHNESS OF ONES SELF that damns one
THE WORD OF GOD is simply a tool to use to improve ones self
If you are saved you have no idea, what THE WORD OF GOD, is reall about. You only repeating part of what you have heard. As long as I am sure that I am traveling and living in GOD'S will. I am safe in my faith in GOD. Hopefully before you meet GOD. That you come to the knowledge that, THE WORD OF GOD, is the Word of Savation.

TCE

Colorado

Moves
03 Nov 05
2 edits

THE WORD OF GOD dooms you to hell, not me. The day is comming one day soon when someone, beside myself will ask you. Do you know JESUS? Do you really know JESUS?
Good grief...this is not the word that will bring people to God, and this is not the word that many Christians subscribe to...eesh 🙄😞

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
03 Nov 05

Good stuff. One thing I can say is RB killed me in my few games that I played him in chess. So he may not spell well but he is a better chess player than myself. LOL I don't post much in this forum because it really is the same deadhorse over & over again but I do enjoy reading the post from others. I think some of these guys(Fundies Christians whatever label fits) need to understand is go out into the world & help someone make your faith real!!! Real religion is helping others that is true love. I can sit here & say blah blah blah your going to hell!!!(and it may be true) but what good is it doing is all I'm saying. Some may want to go to hell. well anyway that is my 2cents. Manny

TCE

Colorado

Moves
03 Nov 05

Originally posted by checkbaiter
Rom 2:4
4 Or do you despise the riches of His goodness, forbearance, and longsuffering,[b] not knowing that the goodness of God leads you to repentance?

(NKJ)

🙂[/b]
This verse is beautiful. This is what Christianity should be about. Why do verses like these get swept under the carpet?