1. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    15 Jun '05 11:16
    Originally posted by blindfaith101
    It would be interresting to know what she told you about JESUS CHRIST? It also be interresting to know why, that even in all of her trials and tribulations why her faith was so strong.
    I would have described this lady as one who "believed" and had all the "correct tenets" of the faith, yet she knew nothing about how to live.
  2. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    15 Jun '05 11:33
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    I would have described this lady as one who "believed" and had all the "correct tenets" of the faith, yet she knew nothing about how to live.
    Maybe she lived on faith. Maybe she knew that what ever she was going through she knew that she had a greater reward, then anything the world had to offer.
  3. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    15 Jun '05 11:50
    Maybe she lived on faith. Maybe she knew that what ever she was going through she knew that she had a greater reward, then anything the world had to offer.
    I offered the story as I felt it was instructive that belief in itself can leave one empty, lacking, and even miserable. Not always, but sometimes.
  4. Standard memberColetti
    W.P. Extraordinaire
    State of Franklin
    Moves
    15 Jun '05 11:55
    What are the "correct tenets"? While inerrancy is an important issue, it is not an issue that effects salvation (directly). One can reject inerrancy and be saved.
  5. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    15 Jun '05 11:59
    Originally posted by Coletti
    What are the "correct tenets"? While inerrancy is an important issue, it is not an issue that effects salvation (directly). One can reject inerrancy and be saved.
    That appears to be debatable to many here. The argument goes like this. "If I can't trust God's Word to be without error, what can we trust about God. If we can't trust God with this, there must not be a God. If I doubt God, I can't be saved." This is the line of reasoning we hear over and over.
  6. Standard memberColetti
    W.P. Extraordinaire
    State of Franklin
    Moves
    15 Jun '05 12:19
    That appears to be debatable to many here. The argument goes like this. "If I can't trust God's Word to be without error, what can we trust about God. If we can't trust God with this, there must not be a God. If I doubt God, I can't be saved." This is the line of reasoning we hear over and over.
    Not a very logical line of reason. I guess this could be used as a straw-man argument if you want to go with it.

Inerrancy is a debate among believers more than unbelievers. It is not an issue of salvation in particular. Most unbelievers say the Bible is fictional and contradictory, but that does not mean believers need hold to inerrancy.

Again, the womans belief in "inerrancy" is not necessary for salvation. And the same can be said to be true for how she lived. You can live a life with healthy relationships and good behavior and still be on board to Hell-Bound Express.
  7. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    15 Jun '05 12:59
    If you cannot completely trust GOD, why would you want to be saved?Salvation is the faith and trust that you have been redeemed, by the Sacrifice of JESUS CHRIST on that cross at Calvery. If you do not believe completely that you are Saved. Through the freely offered Salvation, that GOD, gives through HIS SON JESUS CHRIST, then you are not saved.
  8. Standard memberColetti
    W.P. Extraordinaire
    State of Franklin
    Moves
    15 Jun '05 13:481 edit
    If you cannot completely trust GOD, why would you want to be saved?Salvation is the faith and trust that you have been redeemed, by the Sacrifice of JESUS CHRIST on that cross at Calvery. If you do not believe completely that you are ...[text shortened]... t GOD, gives through HIS SON JESUS CHRIST, then you are not saved.
    I know you can trust God completely - but that is not the same as the "feeling" of confidence - or some sort of "inner peace." One may "feel" uncertain or have some doubt that one is saved. Unless one is completely pure in heart, without any sin of thought or deed (i.e. unless one is transformed into the perfect person) then there may always be seeds of doubt. So I believe completely that God will save, I don't have to be completely 100% certain that He has saved me.

I don't want to confuse the confidence in the perfect work of Christ to freely save me, with some prior requirement for me to "feel" confident that God has saved me. Maybe he has not saved me. My name is not written in the Bible, and I do not know if it is written in the Book of Life. That is why I look for the evidence of being saved. If I really believe in Christ - then I will obey his commands to love God with all my heart, and love my neighbor as myself. If this is not evident in my life, I pray for the Spirit to give it to me, and I strive to do what I am commanded.
  9. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    15 Jun '05 16:23
    Originally posted by Coletti
    I know you can trust God completely - but that is not the same as the "feeling" of confidence - or some sort of "inner peace." One may "feel" uncertain or have some doubt that one is saved. Unless one is completely pure in heart, without any sin of thought or deed (i.e. unless one is transformed into the perfect person) then there may always be seeds ...[text shortened]... nt in my life, I pray for the Spirit to give it to me, and I strive to do what I am commanded.
    If you trust GOD completely. Then are you not also putting your complete confidece in HIM. Is that inner peace part of that confidence and trust. When you speak of doubt. Is there any doubt that JESUS CHRIST died on the cross at Calvery. If one accept the fact that this is true. Where is the doubt? Is it not a fact that when you accept the Salvation of CHRIST, you are a new person. that new person has no doubt. If there is any minute doubt in any one that claims to be saved, then that person is not saved. If a person accepts the Salvation of Christ and then doubts how can they get into THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN? Is not doubt then a sin? And no sin will ever enter Heaven. In fact what will GOD say, to that one that doubts HIS promises.
    Do you believe that "your" name is written in the Book Of Life? The evidence is, Do you believe in what JESUS CHRIST did at Calvery? When CHRIST healed or forgave someone, did they recieve the blessing because they had the faith to believe? Or they had some doubt. Healing come by faith. Faith comes by being in the WORD OF GOD. In fact were there not instantces where CHRIST critized HIS disciples, the Scribes the pharisees, fot doubting what HE was saying.
    You say that you are looking for answers. Have you searched GOD'S WORD? H ave you acceptted what HE say acout the matter?
    HEBREWS chapter 11
    2 CORINTHIANS 13:1-5
    EPHESIANS 6:10-18
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    15 Jun '05 17:39
    If you trust GOD completely. Then are you not also putting your complete confidece in HIM. Is that inner peace part of that confidence and trust. When you speak of doubt. Is there any doubt that JESUS CHRIST died on the cross at Calvery. If one accept the fact that this is true. Where is the doubt? Is it not a fact that when you accept the Salvation o ...[text shortened]... ted what HE say acout the matter?
    HEBREWS chapter 11
    What a load. Mere belief that you are saved makes it so? It would be the only thing that mere belief can make a fact; if you believe that you are Napoleon, are you? I'm sure Jim Jones believed he was saved when he died even after passing out the Kool-Aid, was he? I know that your pathetic need to believe that YOU personally MUST be one of the saved is the raison d'etre of your religious beliefs so you can feel superior to 99% of the human race who you feel have treated you badly and deserve punishment, but isn't it the utter height of arrogance and hubris to presume that you know God's will in the matter of who will be saved and who won't?
  11. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    15 Jun '05 18:59
    If you cannot completely trust GOD, why would you want to be saved?Salvation is the faith and trust that you have been redeemed, by the Sacrifice of JESUS CHRIST on that cross at Calvery. If you do not believe completely that you are Saved. Through the freely offered Salvation, that GOD, gives through HIS SON JESUS CHRIST, then you are not saved.
    Can you tell me what you think this thread was about initially?
  12. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    16 Jun '05 01:29
    If you trust GOD completely. Then are you not also putting your complete confidece in HIM. Is that inner peace part of that confidence and trust. When you speak of doubt. Is there any doubt that JESUS CHRIST died on the cross at Calvery. If one accept the fact that this is true. Where is the doubt? Is it not a fact that when you accept the Salvation o ...[text shortened]... ted what HE say acout the matter?
    HEBREWS chapter 11
    However , the only people that completely trust God are the people that don't believe in Him.
  13. Standard memberColetti
    W.P. Extraordinaire
    State of Franklin
    Moves
    16 Jun '05 04:301 edit
    Can you tell me what you think this thread was about initially?
    (unhelpful response deleted)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree