1. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    18 Mar '08 19:06
    Originally posted by knightmeister
    Complimentary truths actually. It's the nature of an all or nothing thinker to not be able to appreciate the finer sublties of a balanced position.
    You're still too modest, I distinctly remember you explaining to me how 1/2 + 1/2 = 1. You were quite proud about how "clever" you were as you continue to do so with your illogical thinking.

By the way, it's 'complementary truths', unless of course you envisioned the truths flattering each other. But then, no telling with you.
  2. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    18 Mar '08 19:35
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    You're still too modest, I distinctly remember you explaining to me how 1/2 + 1/2 = 1. You were quite proud about how "clever" you were as you continue to do so with your illogical thinking.

By the way, it's 'complementary truths', unless of course you envisioned the truths flattering each other. But then, no telling with you.
    I'm not doing this anymore. All this does is drag us both down really. We obviously can't stand each other so why not just agree that
    we find each other repulsive and then take it from there? 🙂
  3. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    18 Mar '08 19:48
    I'm not doing this anymore. All this does is drag us both down really. We obviously can't stand each other so why not just agree that
    we find each other repulsive and then take it from there? 🙂
    Fine with me. You're the one who follows me around from thread to thread with no regard for the truth in your attempts to "discredit" me. Another solution would be for you to stop lying.
  4. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    18 Mar '08 20:211 edit
    Fine with me. You're the one who follows me around from thread to thread with no regard for the truth in your attempts to "discredit" me. Another solution would be for you to stop lying.
    I do not see myself as discrediting you as such . I just think your ideas on Jesus are very very dangerous and you seem to have some agenda which you won't go into. Your fake rolex jesus needs to be challenged for the travesty of the Gospel of grace that it is. So let's be frank about it. To me you have no idea about who Jesus really is and the way you selectively quote him is stomach churning especially when you don't even have the honesty to admit that you have not overcome yourself. Somebody has treated you badly who was a Christian and has let you down in some way. The chip on your shoulder about Christianity seems to be unbelievably huge from where I'm looking.

As for lying , what am I lying about? Please provide some evidence. All I have ever tried to do with you is to try and get to the hub of the issue and explore the truth in it's entirety. But that requires engagement and challenge. It's been like trying to grab a wet bar of soap with you from day one to be honest.
  5. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    18 Mar '08 20:331 edit
    I do not see myself as discrediting you as such . I just think your ideas on Jesus are very dangerous and you seem to have some agenda which you won't go into.

As for lying , what am I lying about? Please provide some evidence. All I have ever tried to do with you is to try and get to the hub of the issue and explore the truth in it's entirety. But ...[text shortened]... nd challenge. It's been like trying to grab a bar of soap with you from day one to be honest.
    You can't even be honest now. I've repeatedly pointed out your lies. Not all of them, but at least some. Go back and reread this thread from where you started representing things as fact that you have no knowledge of. Almost every post you've made on this thread has contained distortions, half-truths and/or outright lies including this one.

What's stomach churning is your feigned innocence.
  6. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    18 Mar '08 22:091 edit
    You can't even be honest now. I've repeatedly pointed out your lies. Not all of them, but at least some. Go back and reread this thread from where you started representing things as fact that you have no knowledge of. Almost every post you've made on this thread has contained distortions, half-truths and/or outright lies including this one.

What's stomach churning is your feigned innocence.
    So which strategy should I have used to try and get you to answer the question? In the end I chose to assume that you had not overcome sin 100% in the hope that you would correct me if I was wrong.

Ultimately you and I both know that you have answered the question anyway because you have become immensely irritated with me and a perfect individual would not have become irritated in such a way.

In the light of this it seems entirely reasonable to assume you have not overcome and state this as fact because the evidence you provide us supports this.

I fail to see how you can get so worked up about this when a few sentences would clarify the whole thing in an instant.

You keep saying that because I say you have not overcome sin 100% that makes me a liar but you make no attempt to put me straight and tell me the truth about it. So am I lying? A lie can only be a lie if it is not the truth , but then you seem incapable of providing a truthful answer on this so how does anyone know if it's a lie or not?
  7. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    19 Mar '08 00:442 edits
    So which strategy should I have used to try and get you to answer the question? In the end I chose to assume that you had not overcome sin 100% in the hope that you would correct me if I was wrong.

Ultimately you and I both know that you have answered the question anyway because you have become immensely irritated with me and a perfect individual w ...[text shortened]... incapable of providing a truthful answer on this so how does anyone know if it's a lie or not?
    You really are clueless aren't you? I read your latest post and can only shake my head at it.

First of all, some things really aren't any of your business. You might want to consider allowing a person his privacy, instead of making up a "strategy" to try and coerce it out of them. That's what mature, responsible individuals do. They don't put their desires above the rights of others. The fact that your question is completely irrelevant to the discussion makes it all the more ridiculous.

When you represent something as "fact", you are saying that you have such knowledge. If you don't have such knowledge, you are lying. The lie is in misrepresenting your knowledge. Here's an example. If I were to say it was a fact that someone robbed a liquor store, when I had no such knowledge, it would be a lie. Even if perchance the person actually committed the robbery, it would be irrelevant as to whether or not I was lying.

Your argument about being 'irritated' is illogical. Ask yourself this: Was Jesus without sin? Was Jesus ever 'irritated'? With money lenders, perhaps? Was it even beyond 'irritation'?

Now this is where you might have to resist a typical illogical KM response like, "So, now you think you're like Jesus." Take a couple of breaths. Reread the above paragraph, and notice that the topic is purely about 'being irritated' and whether or not that is sin.

I can't believe I'm still willing to try to explain things like this to you. But on the off chance that this time it'll sink in, here it is.

I could go on, but we'll see how you do with this.
  8. USA
    Moves
    19 Mar '08 05:27
    Christ cults suck.
  9. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    19 Mar '08 22:56
    You really are clueless aren't you? I read your latest post and can only shake my head at it.

First of all, some things really aren't any of your business. You might want to consider allowing a person his privacy, instead of making up a "strategy" to try and coerce it out of them. That's what mature, responsible individuals do. They don't put their des ...[text shortened]... k in, here it is.

I could go on, but we'll see how you do with this.
    You made this your business when you started criticising others to follow the words of Jesus (as you see them of course) but felt no compulsion at all to reveal if you had done the same. At that point logic dictated that someone was going to stop you in your tracks and ask "ok mate this is all very well , but what about you" . Ephin , amongst others , saw the contradiction in your stance and so did I. Ever since then I have become the "liar" for daring to ask you to hold yourself to the same yardstick you try to hold others to. You have failed to be consistent with yourself or hold yourself to the same challenge you try to put before others. And what's happened? Look around - no-one is listening as far as I can see.

Maybe your definition of sin is different from mine. Sin to me is anything that is not 100% holy or is tainted. For example ,if you have anything other than total compassion for all humanity or if a malicious , lustful , hurtful or selfish thought crosses your mind for even one trillionth of a nanosecond then you have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God's holiness.

That's how I know that you cannot possibly have overcome sin 100%. If you had , you would have the greatest gift of all to offer to us all but then you would be sinning anyway by witholding it from us.
  10. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    19 Mar '08 23:23
    You made this your business when you started criticising others to follow the words of Jesus (as you see them of course) but felt no compulsion at all to reveal if you had done the same. At that point logic dictated that someone was going to stop you in your tracks and ask "ok mate this is all very well , but what about you" . Ephin , amongst others , ...[text shortened]... of all to offer to us all but then you would be sinning anyway by witholding it from us.
    I should have known that certain concepts would continue to be beyond you.

You have eyes but cannot see.
  11. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    20 Mar '08 00:18
    I should have known that certain concepts would continue to be beyond you.

You have eyes but cannot see.
    Shouldn't that be "the truth will set you free"?
  12. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    20 Mar '08 01:13
    Shouldn't that be "the truth will set you free"?
    That comes later. Baby steps, little man, baby steps.
  13. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    20 Mar '08 11:40
    That comes later. Baby steps, little man, baby steps.
    But how do I step? Please tell me about your walk....or are you all talk?
  14. Joined
    16 Nov '07
    Moves
    20 Mar '08 22:491 edit
    "Was Jesus without sin? Was Jesus ever 'irritated'? With money lenders, perhaps? Was it even beyond 'irritation'?" - ToO

But in RC tradition, even Jesus isn't without sin.
  15. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    21 Mar '08 02:591 edit
    Originally posted by cpbrown
    But in RC tradition, even Jesus isn't without sin.
    This is entirely untrue. Not only is Jesus sinless, but so is the Holy Mother.

Nemesio

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree