1. Standard memberempovsun
    Adepto 'er perfectu
    Joined
    05 Jun '13
    Moves
    21312
    24 Sep '13 13:57
    We all know that Satan is a great deceiver, and an intelligent, cunning being. Satan will try to confuse you all, for his and her benefit, and without hesitation for it's purposes. Which leads me to my question:

    What if Satan has corrupted your religious text books through time (via mankind) in order to keep you from the truth about God's teachings?

    Lets say, for example, that Satan took the teachings of Jesus, and kept most of it to lure in believers. Then adding in other rules that Jesus never spoke of, or taught to keep you from being a righteously spiritual person; to confuse, deceive, and otherwise keep you from getting closer to the creator. As a form of brainwashing you into worshiping something else...
  2. Joined
    19 Jul '08
    Moves
    77354
    24 Sep '13 16:22
    You are right on wth your ideas. Why wouldn't he do that and not add or take away from the Bible and of Jesus's words? Of course he would and has done that.
    But in turn do you think it is not possible that God could protect the truths somehow if even on a small scale?
  3. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    6788
    24 Sep '13 16:32
    Originally posted by galveston75
    You are right on wth your ideas. Why wouldn't he do that and not add or take away from the Bible and of Jesus's words? Of course he would and has done that.
    But in turn do you think it is not possible that God could protect the truths somehow if even on a small scale?
    I'm sorry, but these are words from people to people, not from God to people. Even the choice of Bible version is a person choosing. No amount of scholarship can overcome the allegedly existent deceiver. The only way is direct revelation from the alleged God to each person, with no intermediary. And then, complete trust will be required.
  4. Joined
    19 Jul '08
    Moves
    77354
    24 Sep '13 19:55
    Originally posted by JS357
    I'm sorry, but these are words from people to people, not from God to people. Even the choice of Bible version is a person choosing. No amount of scholarship can overcome the allegedly existent deceiver. The only way is direct revelation from the alleged God to each person, with no intermediary. And then, complete trust will be required.
    Well first Jesus is the intermediary between God and humans. The bible is clear on that as we even pray thru Jesus for God to hear us.
    And are you saying that God does not speak to us? Not clear on your statement.
  5. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Joined
    09 Sep '01
    Moves
    26187
    24 Sep '13 20:26
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Well first Jesus is the intermediary between God and humans. The bible is clear on that as we even pray thru Jesus for God to hear us.
    And are you saying that God does not speak to us? Not clear on your statement.
    If Satan has corrupted portions of the bible, then nothing the bible says can be "clear." The part that says Jesus is an intermediary could be one of the corrupted parts.
  6. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    6788
    24 Sep '13 20:29
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Well first Jesus is the intermediary between God and humans. The bible is clear on that as we even pray thru Jesus for God to hear us.
    And are you saying that God does not speak to us? Not clear on your statement.
    I believe the only way you can know that what you say is true about Jesus, is if the fact was directly revealed to you by God (and not via Jesus). Any other way is fallible.

    Let us not let this discussion turn into a trinity debate. I'll do my part.
  7. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    24 Sep '13 21:19
    Originally posted by empovsun
    We all know that Satan is a great deceiver, and an intelligent, cunning being. Satan will try to confuse you all, for his and her benefit, and without hesitation for it's purposes. Which leads me to my question:

    What if Satan has corrupted your religious text books through time (via mankind) in order to keep you from the truth about God's teachings?

    ...[text shortened]... m getting closer to the creator. As a form of brainwashing you into worshiping something else...
    "What if Satan has corrupted your religious text books through time (via mankind) in order to keep you from the truth about God's teachings?"

    Psalm 119:89
    For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven.

    Psalm 12:6,7
    The words of the LORD [are] pure words: [as] silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
    Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.


    It is impossible for Satan to corrupt the Word of God. He can however deceive men into publishing corrupt translations.

    If I were any of you that might attempt to suggest that God's Word is corrupt, I would quit now.
  8. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    24 Sep '13 21:26
    Originally posted by rwingett
    If Satan has corrupted portions of the bible, then nothing the bible says can be "clear." The part that says Jesus is an intermediary could be one of the corrupted parts.
    Logic dictates that the Word of God is "clear" and can be trusted in it's entirety.
  9. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Joined
    09 Sep '01
    Moves
    26187
    24 Sep '13 22:16
    Originally posted by josephw
    Logic dictates that the Word of God is "clear" and can be trusted in it's entirety.
    I don't think you have any idea what logic is.
  10. Standard memberRajk999
    Enjoying
    On the Beach
    Joined
    04 Apr '04
    Moves
    170571
    24 Sep '13 22:23
    Originally posted by josephw
    Logic dictates that the Word of God is "clear" and can be trusted in it's entirety.
    What exactly is the 'word of God'
    - the Hebrew Bible
    - The Greek Septuagint
    - The King James 1611
    - The King James
    - The JW Bible

    Which is clear and can be trusted?
    They are all different.
  11. Standard memberRemoved
    Joined
    08 Dec '04
    Moves
    100919
    24 Sep '13 22:26
    Originally posted by empovsun
    We all know that Satan is a great deceiver, and an intelligent, cunning being. Satan will try to confuse you all, for his and her benefit, and without hesitation for it's purposes. Which leads me to my question:

    What if Satan has corrupted your religious text books through time (via mankind) in order to keep you from the truth about God's teachings?

    ...[text shortened]... m getting closer to the creator. As a form of brainwashing you into worshiping something else...
    Because the bible has been tested and tried by many, many daring believers with positive results. Besides, do you think God had not already thoroughly thought this out before hand?
    Anyone who seeks God out with their whole heart will be found by Him, and He will verify His word to you personally.
  12. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Joined
    21 Aug '06
    Moves
    11458
    24 Sep '13 22:371 edit
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Because the bible has been tested and tried by many, many daring believers with positive results. Besides, do you think God had not already thoroughly thought this out before hand?
    Anyone who seeks God out with their whole heart will be found by Him, and He will verify His word to you personally.
    I doubt your version of God can be trusted to thoroughly think anything out. Apparently he put a talking serpent in his magic garden, and well ... things didn't work out very well for Adam and Eve! (it is alleged)
  13. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Joined
    21 Aug '06
    Moves
    11458
    24 Sep '13 22:41
    Originally posted by josephw
    [b]"What if Satan has corrupted your religious text books through time (via mankind) in order to keep you from the truth about God's teachings?"

    Psalm 119:89
    For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven.

    Psalm 12:6,7
    The words of the LORD [are] pure words: [as] silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
    Thou shalt ke ...[text shortened]... If I were any of you that might attempt to suggest that God's Word is corrupt, I would quit now.
    It is impossible for Satan to corrupt the Word of God. He can however deceive men into publishing corrupt translations.
    Says who?
    - The Bible!? what if the Bible is wrong on this?
    - God!? what if God is lying?
    - ... God can't lie!? says who!???
    - ... ... The Bible!? what if the Bible is wrong on this?
    - ... ... God!? what if God was lying when he said he can't lie??
  14. Joined
    19 Jul '08
    Moves
    77354
    24 Sep '13 22:42
    Originally posted by JS357
    I believe the only way you can know that what you say is true about Jesus, is if the fact was directly revealed to you by God (and not via Jesus). Any other way is fallible.

    Let us not let this discussion turn into a trinity debate. I'll do my part.
    Agreed on the trinity issue. But if one doubts the Bible and it not being inspired by God, then where do you get this idea from? Has God told you it is no longer good and not inspired by him?
  15. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    2014.05.01
    Joined
    11 Apr '07
    Moves
    92274
    24 Sep '13 22:44
    I am starting a disorganized religion. I think that will really bring in the crowds. It's a great marketing ploy, right?! People really hate organized religion these days.

    The only problem is, I won't know what day they are coming, and I don't know what I'll be talking about. There would probably just be some scattered sheets of holy writ on the floor and I'd have to just pick up the first one I found and shoot from the hip.
Back to Top