1. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    26 Sep '13 01:25
    Originally posted by galveston75
    So again I ask how can these be removed as you said in that post and where would be the cutoff be for the bad or slightly bad or just a little bad?
    how!
    You ask how ???
    Your god can do anything!

Cutoff point? ... up to god ... but lets get rid of murderers and rapists first.
  2. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    26 Sep '13 01:26
    Where does the Bible say that he knows all that will happen in the future?
    No idea.

But that has been proposed by most Christians on here.

You don't believe he knows the future?
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    26 Sep '13 01:31
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    God, as the designer, can remove the defects of personality that cause such actions.

It doesn't matter where you put the cutoff. The point is, wherever you put it, no actions past the line need to happen for there to be free will.
    Well what you are saying I think, will actually happen in the near future after armegeddon and after satan is finally destroyed.
    But this will be by Gods hands and his design. There is nothing man can do to bring mankind to that state of not making mistakes and sinning and causing the problems we see on the planet from Adam until now.
  4. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    26 Sep '13 02:40
    Well what you are saying I think, will actually happen in the near future after armegeddon and after satan is finally destroyed.
    But this will be by Gods hands and his design. There is nothing man can do to bring mankind to that state of not making mistakes and sinning and causing the problems we see on the planet from Adam until now.
    Yes, but God could have brought it about immediately without putting so many people and animals through so much suffering.
  5. Joined
    23 Nov '11
    Moves
    26 Sep '13 02:54
    Originally posted by empovsun
    We all know that Satan is a great deceiver, and an intelligent, cunning being. Satan will try to confuse you all, for his and her benefit, and without hesitation for it's purposes. Which leads me to my question:

What if Satan has corrupted your religious text books through time (via mankind) in order to keep you from the truth about God's teachings?

...[text shortened]... m getting closer to the creator. As a form of brainwashing you into worshiping something else...
    If the only thing making you a "good person" is the fear of eternal damnation, you are not a "good person".
  6. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    26 Sep '13 02:591 edit
    Originally posted by Phranny
    If the only thing making you a "good person" is the fear of eternal damnation, you are not a "good person".
    You don't have be an inherently good person to be a smart person. Smart people avoid running into telephone poles and other cars, but it doesn't mean they are inherently good drivers.
  7. Standard memberempovsun
    Adepto 'er perfectu
    Moves
    26 Sep '13 03:32
    You are right on wth your ideas. Why wouldn't he do that and not add or take away from the Bible and of Jesus's words? Of course he would and has done that.
    But in turn do you think it is not possible that God could protect the truths somehow if even on a small scale?
    Jesus didn't preach from a book, he didn't call for everyone to gather in a church, or wear a uniform. Therefore, it is my belief that the Bible was made to control the masses, to corrupt them with falsehoods, riddled with contradictions to ensure cognitive dissonance, and punish those seeking God's grace.

Trust your instincts, trust your heart, and be honest with yourself. That's all you really need. Reading, and preaching about how to get into God's grace misses the entire point of spirituality. You're either a good person, or you're not. Fear, repenting, and even righteousness has no place in finding God. Love is key, and without it you are lost.

People get caught up with trusting Jesus instead of trusting their own hearts.
  8. Standard memberempovsun
    Adepto 'er perfectu
    Moves
    26 Sep '13 03:35
    Originally posted by josephw
    It is impossible for Satan to corrupt the Word of God. He can however deceive men into publishing corrupt translations.

If I were any of you that might attempt to suggest that God's Word is corrupt, I would quit now.
    Of course it is impossible to corrupt the "Word of God", but Satan can certainly corrupt the scriptures as they are written.

That's the whole point of my thread: Satan disguising itself as God.
  9. Standard memberempovsun
    Adepto 'er perfectu
    Moves
    26 Sep '13 03:38
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Because the bible has been tested and tried by many, many daring believers with positive results. Besides, do you think God had not already thoroughly thought this out before hand?
    Anyone who seeks God out with their whole heart will be found by Him, and He will verify His word to you personally.
    God doesn't need the Bible to reach out to it's followers.

Therefore, you do not need the Bible to reach God.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Sep '13 05:34
    God doesn't need the Bible to reach out to it's followers.

Therefore, you do not need the Bible to reach God.
    All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

(2 Timothy 3:16-17 New King James Version NKJV)

That is why we need the Holy Bible.

The Instructor
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    26 Sep '13 10:43
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Is it "logical" that if there is a god that he would allow Satan to exist at all?
    You would have to be God to know that.

But it is logical to draw the conclusion based on the whole council of God that the corruption of the Word of God is and has been the main purpose of the adversary since the dawn of time.

As far as "allowing" Satan to exists is concerned, what do you mean? Satan wasn't created to be evil, and when it was revealed that he had chosen to oppose God, what was God to do? Destroy him out of hand?

Why, by the way, do you use a small g with reference to God, but capitalize Satan? Is it grammatical matter?

It is not logical to approach the topic of Biblical theology with a negative in view as so many do. You should learn to see the positive side to get a balanced perspective.

Why not embrace eternal life? God's life?
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Sep '13 10:50
    We all know that Satan is a great deceiver, and an intelligent, cunning being. Satan will try to confuse you all, for his and her benefit, and without hesitation for it's purposes. Which leads me to my question:

What if Satan has corrupted your religious text books through time (via mankind) in order to keep you from the truth about God's teachings?

...[text shortened]... m getting closer to the creator. As a form of brainwashing you into worshiping something else...
    rather interestingly this is exactly what the so called satanic verses were, so its not a new idea. Muhammad, about to be given a pasting by the residents of Medina uttered praise for the deities of the city, naturally this was against the strict monotheism of Islam and thus the verses were seen as having been influenced by Satan, a corruption and removed.
  13. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    26 Sep '13 14:54

So you are asking all organized religion this or just the christian based ones this? Of course man would corrupt text books. The answer I have been given when I asked a similar question was that god would see to it man did not corrupt it. Given all the different versions of the bibles and teachings within the realm of christianity, I would say there is corruption assuming the bible was in fact the word of god to begin with.
  14. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    26 Sep '13 17:32
    Originally posted by josephw
    You would have to be God to know that.

But it is logical to draw the conclusion based on the whole council of God that the corruption of the Word of God is and has been the main purpose of the adversary since the dawn of time.

As far as "allowing" Satan to exists is concerned, what do you mean? Satan wasn't created to be evil, and when it was revealed ...[text shortened]... e the positive side to get a balanced perspective.

Why not embrace eternal life? God's life?
    Because the god in "a god" means some arbitrary deity, not necessarily the name of the one you believe exists, whilst "Satan" is a pronoun and so deserves a capital letter!? 😕
  15. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    26 Sep '13 18:11
    Originally posted by Agerg
    Because the god in "a god" means some arbitrary deity, not necessarily the name of the one you believe exists, whilst "Satan" is a pronoun and so deserves a capital letter!? 😕
    There are no gods. There is only one God.

That is, if you can stay within the context of the topic of discussion. But if you are going to be "arbitrary" about what you define as (g)od, then there's nothing to debate, because you will make up the rules as you go along to suit your narrow minded bias against God and those who know Him.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree