Abiogenesis

Abiogenesis

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
21 Sep 05

Originally posted by dj2becker
Actually the very first question had to do with quantum numbers...

1.Which set of quantum numbers is not permitted?

a) n=2; l=0; ml=+1; ms= -1/2
b) n=2; l=0; ml=-1; ms= +1/2
c) n=3; l=1; ml=-2; ms= -1/2
d) n=2; l=0; ml=+1; ms= -1/2

Here is a link to the Schrödinger equation:
http://www.answers.com/Schrodingers%20equation

Edit: May ol' Starman can show off his Chemistry prowess by answering the question for us...
I prefer the Dirac equation.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v694/XanthosNZ/Dirac.png

S

Moves
21 Sep 05

Originally posted by XanthosNZ
I prefer the Dirac equation.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v694/XanthosNZ/Dirac.png
woah I'm not looking at any of your links....

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
21 Sep 05

Originally posted by Starrman
woah I'm not looking at any of your links....
Would I ever stoop to such a dirty trick?

S

Moves
21 Sep 05

Originally posted by XanthosNZ
Would I ever stoop to such a dirty trick?
hmm....

Moves
21 Sep 05
1 edit

This still does not prove you are able to do any of this yurself. You could just as well have taken it from a book or website.

'c' is the odd one out as the magnetic number can only lie within the range of -l to +l. Since angular number is 1, the magnetic number could only be -1, 0 or +1.

Posting a link to the Schrödinger equation is neither here ...[text shortened]... nce for having written this paper and indeed actually knowing what you are talking about or not?
This still does not prove you are able to do any of this yurself. You could just as well have taken it from a book or website.

Skeptics... What shall I say...

'c' is the odd one out as the magnetic number can only lie within the range of -l to +l. Since angular number is 1, the magnetic number could only be -1, 0 or +1.

Actually a, b, c and d are wrong. πŸ™‚ (Caught you for a sucker!)

Since the angular momentum quantum number (l) in a and b is zero (s orbital), it means that the magnetic quantum number (ml) is zero as well, because a s orbital only has one orientation (0). Same applies for d.

Posting a link to the Schrödinger equation is neither here nor there. Now, can you actually provide evidence for having written this paper and indeed actually knowing what you are talking about or not?

True. But you have provided sufficient evidence that your Chemistry is rusted. πŸ™‚

I have wasted enough time with you.

Cheers.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
21 Sep 05

Actually the very first question had to do with quantum numbers...

1.Which set of quantum numbers is not permitted?

a) n=2; l=0; ml=+1; ms= -1/2
b) n=2; l=0; ml=-1; ms= +1/2
c) n=3; l=1; ml=-2; ms= -1/2
d) n=2; l=0; ml=+1; ms= -1/2

Here is a link to the Schrödinger equation:
http://www.answers.com/Schrodingers%20equation

Edit: May ol' Starman can show off his Chemistry prowess by answering the question for us...
None of these are possible. ml can only have values of -l to +l. All of these violate that rule.

Moves
21 Sep 05
6 edits

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
None of these are possible. ml can only have values of -l to +l. All of these violate that rule.
Ah. Someone that understands quantum numbers... πŸ™‚

PS: Maybe you could take Starrman for extra lessons. πŸ˜‰_

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
21 Sep 05

I'm sure I passed the paper with a distinction. So I cannot say I don't know anything about Chemistry.πŸ™‚
Given the quality of school that you attend, the first sentence does not support the following sentence fragment.

Get used to jabs at your education. That's what you get for going to a Buy-bull school.

S

Moves
21 Sep 05

[b]This still does not prove you are able to do any of this yurself. You could just as well have taken it from a book or website.

Skeptics... What shall I say...

Actually ...[text shortened]... ent evidence that your Chemistry is rusted. πŸ™‚

I have wasted enough time with you.

Cheers.[/b]
You are correct, my chemistry is rusty, however in your original question you asked for which singular set was wrong. C was the first I noticed to be incorrect. Don't be so bloody smug as to suggest I've wasted your time. If you learned how to talk concisely and to address points without asking further questions to detract from the relevancy of th econversation we would get through a lot more.

Moves
21 Sep 05

Originally posted by telerion
Given the quality of school that you attend, the first sentence does not support the following sentence fragment.

Get used to jabs at your education. That's what you get for going to a Buy-bull school.
I did not know that a teacher's training college is a buy-bull school...πŸ˜‰

S

Moves
21 Sep 05

I did not know that a teacher's training college is a buy-bull school...πŸ˜‰
You're training to be a teacher? At what sort of school and which age group do you plan to teach?

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
21 Sep 05

I wouldn't get to excited. You should learn about orbitals in high school.

So this does seem to provide evidence that you at least know SOMETHING about chemistry. I still wouldn't accept this as evidence that you possess the knowledge sufficient to make an educated estimation of quantum theory. BTW a freshman history paper summarizing the encyclopedia britannica or some apologetics website doesn't qualify either. Why is it so hard for you just to admit that you, like the vast majority of people in this world (myself included), are too ignorant of quantum mechanics to dismiss it with authority?

I'll keep an eye out for when you start playing with equations . . .

ZellulΓ€rer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
21 Sep 05

You've covered your tracks neatly--editing your previous post from

Actually a, b, and c are wrong

to

Actually a, b, c and d are wrong.

after the Goat pointed this out...your first response to that was an admission of your error...but you chose to edit that out (6 edits!)...scared people would laugh at you? They already do.

ZellulΓ€rer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
21 Sep 05

I did not know that a teacher's training college is a buy-bull school...
JCE?

Moves
21 Sep 05
1 edit

You're training to be a teacher? At what sort of school and which age group do you plan to teach?
I'll probably be going to some poor school in Central Africa. I am qualifying to teach up to grade 12. But I suppose I would be teaching all ages.