1. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    21 Sep '05 12:55
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Your Ground Hog year, eh.
    Actually I did complete my first year in 2004.

(It's not quite like the five best years of my life were in grade 2)🙂
  2. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    21 Sep '05 12:57
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    Actually I did complete my first year in 2004.
    So is this your first year in 2005, or your second?
  3. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    21 Sep '05 13:00
    So is this your first year in 2005, or your second?
    Second.

lol: I thought you meant with "Ground Hog year" that I was doing my first year for the second time!
  4. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    21 Sep '05 13:09
    Second.

lol: I thought you meant with "Ground Hog year" that I was doing my first year for the second time!
    I don't think you've got my little joke yet. Oh well.

Have a good day.
  5. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    21 Sep '05 13:14
    So you are learning to teach Science. What if you were to teach in the US and part of the perscribed course is evolution. Would you teach it? Would you teach it well? Would you also teach ID or even Young Earth? Even if you were told not to?
  6. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    21 Sep '05 13:192 edits
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    So you are learning to teach Science. What if you were to teach in the US and part of the perscribed course is evolution. Would you teach it? Would you teach it well? Would you also teach ID or even Young Earth? Even if you were told not to?
    I would teach Science. I don't regard "Evolution" (macroevolution) as Science in the sense that it is has never been observed and redemonstrated to have happened.

edit: I would most definately not tell the kids that Evolution is a fact, if I were told to do so...
  7. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    21 Sep '05 13:30
    I would teach Science. I don't regard "Evolution" (macroevolution) as Science in the sense that it is has never been observed and redemonstrated to have happened.
    Good day to you again. This is interesting. As a scientist, could you tell me what a high-school science curriculum should include?
  8. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    21 Sep '05 13:31

edit: I would most definately not tell the kids that Evolution is a fact, if I were told to do so...
    I have no idea where you pulled that definition of Science from.

So you are saying that you would refuse to teach to the syllabus if it included Evolution?
  9. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    21 Sep '05 13:44
    Good day to you again. This is interesting. As a scientist, could you tell me what a high-school science curriculum should include?
    I would probably include all Science that can be taught from a Biblical perspective.
  10. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    21 Sep '05 13:45
    I would probably include all Science that can be taught from a Biblical perspective.
    Go on...what science goes under that umbrella?
  11. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    21 Sep '05 13:461 edit
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    I have no idea where you pulled that definition of Science from.

Well the first step of the scientific method: Observation.

Has anyone observed macroevolution?

So you are saying that you would refuse to teach to the syllabus if it included Evolution?

I said that I would not teach Evolution as a fact. I would most probably highlight all its weaknesses.
  12. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    21 Sep '05 13:481 edit

I'm not debating evolution, I'm sincerely interested in what science you consider worth teaching. That you wouldn't teach evolution is a given.
  13. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    21 Sep '05 13:53
    [b]I have no idea where you pulled that definition of Science from.

I said that I would not teach Evolution as a fact. I would most probably highlight all its weaknesses.[/b]
    Scientific Method: A method of discovering knowledge based in making falsifiable predictions, testing them empirically, and preferring the simplest explanation that fits the known data.

Observation? 😕
  14. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    21 Sep '05 13:541 edit
    Go on...what science goes under that umbrella?
    It would probably include all Science, except of course when it comes to origins I feel that the TOE does NOT sufficiently give all the answers. I would probably teach it is a Theory and highlight all its shortcomings.

edit: NOT (typo)
  15. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    21 Sep '05 13:58
    It would probably include all Science, except of course when it comes to origins I feel that the TOE does sufficiently give all the answers. I would probably teach it is a Theory and highlight all its shortcomings.
    And you would do the same if you take that sentence and replace TOE with creationism?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree