1. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    09 Feb '07 18:33
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    And until this social program is in place...?
    ... work on it !
  2. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    09 Feb '07 18:46
    Originally posted by ivanhoe
    ... work on it !
    No interim solution for the women who've no help?
  3. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    09 Feb '07 19:19
    No interim solution for the women who've no help?
    Don't you have a solution except solving the problems by killing her own child ?
  4. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    09 Feb '07 20:18
    Don't you have a solution except solving the problems by killing her own child ?
    I believe that we should give the mother as many options as possible. I'm not saying abortion is the only solution, but it ought to be an option (at least for the first 2 trimesters).

Anything other than saddling her with raising an unwanted child for 18+ years, just because she made one mistake.
  5. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    09 Feb '07 21:23
    I believe that we should give the mother as many options as possible. I'm not saying abortion is the only solution, but it ought to be an option (at least for the first 2 trimesters).

Anything other than saddling her with raising an unwanted child for 18+ years, just because she made one mistake.
    All actions have consequences, whether we would like to believe so or not.
  6. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    09 Feb '07 21:45
    It is just disgusting and quite revealing to refer to a beginning life in its mother's womb as a "parasite". I remember certain people calling other certain people parasites. Their aim was to first dehumanise them, which they succesfully did in their propaganda and the next phase was to kill them which they also did.

If you refer to a beginning human life ...[text shortened]... hoose the tactic of dehumanising human life in order to be able to rationalise its killing.
    Have a look at the definition of a parasite and then think again about the nature of a foetus. I'm not attempting to belittle human life - I helped create two such things myself, and I love them to death.
    My point in using the term parasite is to highlight that we have on the one hand an existing and viable life (the mother) and on the other hand a potential, currently non-viable life (the foetus). Clearly in any sort of decision regarding the importance of these the mother must take priority.
  7. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    09 Feb '07 23:501 edit
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    All actions have consequences, whether we would like to believe so or not.
    Nobody has claimed that they don't. But it is not up to you to decide what those consequences must be.
  8. Standard memberKnightWulfe
    Chess Samurai
    Yes
    Moves
    10 Feb '07 00:37
    Question for you ivanhoe - Do you have a daughter?
  9. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    10 Feb '07 01:24
    I have a hypothetical question for the anti-abortionists here.

Suppose a cognescent alien life form came to earth, which could only survive by parasitising humans. Would you advocate the removal of these life forms, even though it would cause their death, or would you suggest that people should "just live with it"?
  10. Joined
    11 Jul '06
    Moves
    10 Feb '07 01:44
    And never mind if she really did make that mistake. There are cases where the pregnancy was not the result of her mistake. For example where a rape victim becomes pregnant. Not only the victim has to live with the trauma of the experience for the rest of her life. She'll also have to bear the burden of bringing up the child, probably in a surrounding where people will look down on her.
  11. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    10 Feb '07 03:14
    Originally posted by KnightWulfe
    Question for you ivanhoe - Do you have a daughter?
    Why do you ask ?
  12. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    10 Feb '07 03:29
    Why do you ask ?
    I believe he's just checking whether or not you're a NIMBY.
  13. Joined
    18 Nov '05
    Moves
    10 Feb '07 04:36
    they should force people on welfare to have a abortion after the second kid.
  14. Joined
    18 Nov '05
    Moves
    10 Feb '07 04:36
    that was a horrid joke. i feel bad now
  15. Standard memberKnightWulfe
    Chess Samurai
    Yes
    Moves
    10 Feb '07 04:52
    Why do you ask ?
    Based on your responses, you seem to be a pro-life individual. I was curious if you had a daughter. I have a hypothetical for you, if so...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree