Abortion...what should be the line?

Abortion...what should be the line?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

K
Chess Samurai

Yes

Moves
09 Feb 07

This is likely one of the hottest topics that I have ever discussed with others. It covers sex, religion, and even the affects of life itself.

I am curious of those who are both pro-choice and pro-life.... Is there a line where abortion is ok or not ok?

a
Andrew Mannion

Melbourne, Australia

Moves
09 Feb 07
1 edit

Originally posted by KnightWulfe
This is likely one of the hottest topics that I have ever discussed with others. It covers sex, religion, and even the affects of life itself.

I am curious of those who are both pro-choice and pro-life.... Is there a line where abortion is ok or not ok?
I'm pro choice and pro life - in the sense that I love life, but I also respect that it isn't me that has to carry a parasite in my body for 9 months (nor ever will).
And romanticise it how you will, but a foetus is a parasite on the body of the mother that carries it.
That woman has the final say.
Don't get me wrong, the father helped create that life, but until it's born it isn't viable, and the mother is the sole person responsible for it.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
09 Feb 07

The line will be arbritrary, of course, unless drawn at fertilization or birth. However this seems to be a good guideline:

abortion might be considered acceptable if performed within the period in which the fetus is incapable of experiencing pain, theorized to be around the 23rd week of gestation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethical_aspects_of_abortion

K
Chess Samurai

Yes

Moves
09 Feb 07

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
The line will be arbritrary, of course, unless drawn at fertilization or birth. However this seems to be a good guideline:

abortion might be considered acceptable if performed within the period in which the fetus is incapable of experiencing pain, theorized to be around the 23rd week of gestation.

What is your personal opinion though? As a follower of the Goat with a thousand young...what is the acceptable line to you?

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
09 Feb 07

What is your personal opinion though? As a follower of the Goat with a thousand young...what is the acceptable line to you?
No no no. I AM the Goat. I eat my Young on occasion. I am trying to give you a reasoned answer, not my Divine Judgement. If you want the Divine position...

Kill 'em all. Make it hurt too.

K
Chess Samurai

Yes

Moves
09 Feb 07

No no no. I AM the Goat. I eat my Young on occasion. I am trying to give you a reasoned answer, not my Divine Judgement. If you want the Divine position...

Kill 'em all. Make it hurt too.
Dont forget about your hat 😀

c

Moves
09 Feb 07

I am pro-choice. If I find out from tests that my child has some sort of disease that will make him/her a retard or without limbs, or will become a vegetable and the likes, then I might just want to spare him/her the sufferring by ending it all from the very beginning. I will of course seek second or even third medical opinions or more tests before I arrive at such a decision. But in the end, if it is conclusive, then I would opt for abortion.

I think I am strong enough to sacrifice for my child. I can be there for him/her. I will make the time an effort to make him/her feel comfortable. BUT! for how long can I do that? I am not sure that when I die, my child will be taken care the same way by other people.

E

Moves
09 Feb 07

somebody kicked my mom in the stomach when she was carrying me, it hit me in the head and hurt so bad.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
09 Feb 07

Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
somebody kicked my mom in the stomach when she was carrying me, it hit me in the head and hurt so bad.
Must have been after the 23rd week.

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
09 Feb 07

Originally posted by amannion
I'm pro choice and pro life - in the sense that I love life, but I also respect that it isn't me that has to carry a parasite in my body for 9 months (nor ever will).
And romanticise it how you will, but a foetus is a parasite on the body of the mother that carries it.
That woman has the final say.
Don't get me wrong, the father helped create that life, but until it's born it isn't viable, and the mother is the sole person responsible for it.
It is just disgusting and quite revealing to refer to a beginning life in its mother's womb as a "parasite". I remember certain people calling other certain people parasites. Their aim was to first dehumanise them, which they succesfully did in their propaganda and the next phase was to kill them which they also did.

If you refer to a beginning human life as a "parasite" you also choose the tactic of dehumanising human life in order to be able to rationalise its killing.

e

Moves
09 Feb 07

i think the best part about all these pro-life people is they're like... "you must have this child... it is sinful to even contemplate abortion... life is life.... you will go to hell if you do not have your child... blah blah blah..."; the woman listens to these people, has the child and the pro-lifers are like... "okay, bye..."

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
09 Feb 07

Originally posted by eatmybishop
i think the best part about all these pro-life people is they're like... "you must have this child... it is sinful to even contemplate abortion... life is life.... you will go to hell if you do not have your child... blah blah blah..."; the woman listens to these people, has the child and the pro-lifers are like... "okay, bye..."
I always advocated more help, more financial aid and more possibilities for women who become pregnant. I also call upon the fathers and the families to take their responsibilities. Often, too often, a woman chooses abortion because she feels abandoned and not getting enough support, be it materially or otherwise from her social surrounding. Abortion is not just a life issue. It is also a social issue.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
09 Feb 07

Originally posted by ivanhoe
I always advocated more help, more financial aid and more possibilities for women who become pregnant. I also call upon the fathers and the families to take their responsibilities. Often, too often, a woman chooses abortion because she feels abandoned and not getting enough support, be it materially or otherwise from her social surrounding. Abortion is not just a life issue. It is also a social issue.
What allowance will you make for the woman who is not getting any help?

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
09 Feb 07

Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
What allowance will you make for the woman who is not getting any help?
These issues must be dealt with in an overall program of helping and supporting pregnant women. Knowing the Republicans I understand that they are not willing to do this. Therefore there lies a responsibility for the Democrats to realise this social program.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
09 Feb 07

Originally posted by ivanhoe
These issues must be dealt with in an overall program of helping and supporting pregnant women. Knowing the Republicans I understand that they are not willing to do this. Therefore there lies a responsibility for the Democrats to realise this social program.
And until this social program is in place...?