1. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    14 Jul '05 20:57
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    you got a very perverse view of God , and I don't care two whitsthat makes you think you know God, because you obviously don't.
    Try again silly man, and you might learn something about that Ox-goad god of yours.
    Just for the record... sticks and stones my friend. Sticks and Stones.
  2. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    14 Jul '05 20:58
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    I suppose reading half of Joshua gave him the revelation that only he knew God and that everybody else don't know anything. Sigh...
    you are so easy to jump to conclusions and , sigh all you want but you have a god that hates you whether you like it or not.

remind me to explain hyperbole to you someday,,if and when you can understand that God had nothing to do with "inspiring" the OT.
  3. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    14 Jul '05 20:59
    you are so easy to jump to conclusions and , sigh all you want but you have a god that hates you whether you like it or not.

remind me to explain hyperbole to you someday,,if and when you can understand that God had nothing to do with "inspiring" the OT.
    I ask again. What God are you talking about?
  4. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    14 Jul '05 21:00
    Originally posted by Halitose
    What religion?
    whatever one he's trying to connect to mass murder
  5. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    14 Jul '05 21:01

Are you talling about Bhuddha or Allah or is it some other statue?
  6. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    14 Jul '05 21:021 edit
    Are you talling about Bhuddha or Allah or is it some other statue?
    Buddha isn't a god and Allah is the same god thats in the OT.

edit and your god lost his statue sometime after moses dropped the tablets.
  7. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    14 Jul '05 21:04
    whatever one he's trying to connect to mass murder
    So you read half the book of Joshua and then you formed your own religion? What is it called? That's all we're asking for.
  8. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    14 Jul '05 21:05
    Buddha isn't a god and Allah is the same god thats in the OT.

edit and your god lost his statue sometime after moses dropped the tablets.
    You must have read the Koran to have reached this conclusion.
  9. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    14 Jul '05 21:12
    You must have read the Koran to have reached this conclusion.
    lol i never touched a Koran.
  10. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    14 Jul '05 21:14
    So you read half the book of Joshua and then you formed your own religion? What is it called? That's all we're asking for.
    you're not ready for it. You need to grow in spirit first. when you can see the Spirit doesn't order mass murders or do them. then you might be ready.
  11. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    14 Jul '05 21:17
    Monel -

Yes, abortion is at least partially ethical if you want to divide the act into ethical parts and non ethical parts. In addition, I say that it can be overall an ethical thing to do.
  12. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    14 Jul '05 21:20
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    The Bible clearly associates life with breath. So, the anti-abortion position must rest its ethical statements on some other grounds.

If you fail to ejaculate, your sperm dies. If your egg is not fertilized, it dies. If a fertilized egg is not properly implanted, it dies. Life dies. The only real question concerns the boundaries that determine when life i ...[text shortened]... qualms about killing, when the victim is a foreign enemy, a serial rapist, or a common housefly.
    Most Americans who would protect an immature embryo have few qualms about killing, when the victim is a foreign enemy, a serial rapist, or a common housefly.

Excellent point Wul. This isn't about "preservation of life".
  13. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    14 Jul '05 21:25
    Quite right. The abortion debate has long since passed the point whether the unborn child is human or not. The main point of debate is whether a social issue of an unwanted pregnacy is valid for the taking of human life.

But once you cross that line that you are willing to kill to solve a social problem, what prevents the killing of the mentally insane, ...[text shortened]... hy not make the cut-off date 7 days after birth, to clearly see if the child has defects or not?
    We already do kill (humans) to solve social problems when we make war and inflict capital punishment.
  14. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    14 Jul '05 21:26
    So don't keep argueing about something you know nothing about or haven't even gone to the effort to fully understand. Leave the Biblical perspective to those who are really interested in it.
    So I guess that means only M.D.'s should be weighing in on this abortion debate, eh?
  15. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    14 Jul '05 23:011 edit
    Quite right. The abortion debate has long since passed the point whether the unborn child is human or not. The main point of debate is whether a social issue of an unwanted pregnacy is valid for the taking of human life.

But once you c ...[text shortened]... days after birth, to clearly see if the child has defects or not?
    No, the main point of the debate is whether an organism's possession of the property of being a human is sufficient for it being morally wrong to kill that organism. I see no reason to think that a human organism in a persistent vegetative state, for instance, is harmed by dying. This is because such an organism lacks a crucial criterion for moral considerability, and that is the capacity for consciousness. Early fetuses also lack such a capacity, and in virtue of this they cannot suffer. Such creatures have no point of view; there is nothing it is like to be such a creature (in the same way there is nothing it is like to be a table or a rock), and hence nothing can go better or worse for such a creature. In short, they cannot be harmed. The destruction of such a creature is simply morally irrelevant, in the same way that it is morally irrelevant to scrape skin off of your hand. There is no slippery slope here leading to the denial of moral considerability to the mentally insane or the terminally ill. These human organisms are persons, early fetuses are not persons, but merely human organisms.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree