abortion

abortion

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

M

30th Century Earth

Moves
12 Jul 05

is abortion even a tiny bit ethical? i saw a bumper sticker that said" aboritionists wacking babies since 1972"

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
13 Jul 05

We should stone women who get pregnant outside of wedlock to death.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
13 Jul 05

Originally posted by Monel
is abortion even a tiny bit ethical? i saw a bumper sticker that said" aboritionists wacking babies since 1972"
As Darvlay might say...

Are you Christian?

P-

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
13 Jul 05

Originally posted by Monel
Do you like chocolate or vanilla better? That is this entire question
simply put, it is a personal taste question on what is more important
nothing more, a woman’s right to choose, or the life within the
woman. Depending on the flavor you like, what is inside a woman
gets killed with every successful abortion or not.
Kelly

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
13 Jul 05

Originally posted by KellyJay
Kelly
Hmmm, seems like you are saying one of these flavors is bad, the way you worded the end.

P-

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
13 Jul 05

Originally posted by Phlabibit
Hmmm, seems like you are saying one of these flavors is bad, the way you worded the end.

P-
At the end of the day, one is life, one is death, that is all there is to it
in my opinion.
Kelly

L

Moves
13 Jul 05

Kelly
as a christian KJ, do you think there is a 'right' flavor? what would jesus say on abortion in your opinion?

i disagree that the abortion issue is about personal taste. some nights i crave chocolate; some nights i crave vanilla. my personal tastes are fleeting, fluctuating, and flippy. somehow i think abortion is more cut and dried. the right to choose is a sketchy concept in some contexts. do i have the right to choose to kill my next door neighbor? of course not. therefore i think the only question is at what point does 'life' begin?

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
13 Jul 05

At the end of the day, one is life, one is death, that is all there is to it
in my opinion.
Kelly
At the end of the day, your thinking is not 'functionally complex' on the subject.

P-

W
Angler

River City

Moves
13 Jul 05

The Bible clearly associates life with breath. So, the anti-abortion position must rest its ethical statements on some other grounds.

If you fail to ejaculate, your sperm dies. If your egg is not fertilized, it dies. If a fertilized egg is not properly implanted, it dies. Life dies. The only real question concerns the boundaries that determine when life is sufficiently viable that to end its existence is tantamount to killing.

Most Americans who would protect an immature embryo have few qualms about killing, when the victim is a foreign enemy, a serial rapist, or a common housefly.

t
True X X Xian

The Lord's Army

Moves
13 Jul 05

Reducing what it means to be a human being to a collection of blastocysts is degrading to humanity and, if you are inclined to believe in such a personality, God.

L

Moves
13 Jul 05

admittedly, i think the question is very difficult. i don't think i have enough medical knowledge to be able to profess to know when 'life' begins. maybe with rigorous study i could fashion a working theory. that aside, it seems to me that if there exists considerable unrest and discord between experts and otherwise interested parties on the subject, then the prudent thing would be to preferentially lean in the direction of preservation of life (or of that which may well be life according to the informed observer), under the safe premise that one does not possess the right to choose to commit murder. in the extreme case that said discord is overwhelming, this view collapses to the pro-life stance.

translation: i have no idea. here i claim ignorance, but not apathy.

W
Angler

River City

Moves
13 Jul 05
8 edits

Originally posted by LemonJello
here i claim ignorance, but not apathy.
honest

s

England

Moves
13 Jul 05

when wemen kill there babies has society died?. if i had killed a child inside a woman i would be charged with murder and rightly so but wemen have double stadards. it seems that the pill,etc has not done what it set out to do as this shows, if it had the problem would have gone.

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
14 Jul 05

Medical Science clearly proves that from the moment of conception, the zygote and finally the fetus is entirely a new human being. The fetus has completely original DNA. All that fetus will need from the point of conception till birth is oxygen and nutrition. Basically it is a very immature human.

Conception is the only cut off date that is really viable for the formation of a new human.

W
Angler

River City

Moves
14 Jul 05

Originally posted by Halitose
Medical Science clearly proves that from the moment of conception, the zygote and finally the fetus is entirely a new human being. The fetus has completely original DNA. All that fetus will need from the point of conception till birth is oxygen and nutrition. Basically it is a very immature human.

Conception is the only cut off date that is really viable for the formation of a new human.
Have you considered the full implications of biochemistry defining life where the Sacred Scriptures remain silent?