1. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    13 Sep '12 02:121 edit
    Originally posted by galveston75
    To abstain from ones own blood? Are you really serious?
    To abstain from blood transfusions? Are you really serious?
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    13 Sep '12 02:38
    Originally posted by Agerg
    To abstain from blood transfusions? Are you really serious?
    Uh yes I am. I find no more reason to keep explaining this to you. This is my stand and it is scriptural. The Bible says what it says. I stick to that command from God. I have nothing else to expain to you. Good day.......
  3. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    13 Sep '12 02:432 edits
    Uh yes I am. I find no more reason to keep explaining this to you. This is my stand and it is scriptural. The Bible says what it says. I stick to that command from God. I have nothing else to expain to you. Good day.......
    Coward! You still didn't answer my question! 😵

The Bible does not say abstain from blood transfusions. Indeed it no more says abstain from blood transfusions than it says abstain from your own blood...both are equally ridiculous.
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    13 Sep '12 02:47
    Originally posted by Agerg
    Coward! You still didn't answer my question! 😵

The Bible [b]does not
    say abstain from blood transfusions. Indeed it no more says abstain from blood transfusions than it says abstain from your own blood...both are equally ridiculous.[/b]
    Good day sir...........
  5. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    13 Sep '12 03:10
    Good day sir...........
    Also for being told to abstain from blood there is a lot of blood in the bible. (Of course any cult is founded on misunderstood and twisted scriptures)

God told the Israelites to put blood on their door posts and He would passover them and spare them !! Blood. Exodus 24:6
    Moses took half of the blood and put it in basins, and the other half of the blood he sprinkled on the altar.
    Exodus 24:5-7 (in Context) Exodus 24

Exodus 29:20
    You shall slaughter the ram, and take some of its blood and put it on the lobe of Aaron’s right ear and on the lobes of his sons’ right ears and on the thumbs of their right hands and on the big toes of their right feet, and sprinkle the rest of the blood around on the altar.

and this is repeated in Exodus and Leviticus

So G-Man you really misunderstand the scriptures blood while yes sacred it means life and payment of sins and the types in the OT were to show us Christ who shed His Blood for our sins

Manny
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    13 Sep '12 15:28
    Originally posted by menace71
    Also for being told to abstain from blood there is a lot of blood in the bible. (Of course any cult is founded on misunderstood and twisted scriptures)

God told the Israelites to put blood on their door posts and He would passover them and spare them !! Blood. Exodus 24:6
    Moses took half of the blood and put it in basins, and the other half of the blo ...[text shortened]... of sins and the types in the OT were to show us Christ who shed His Blood for our sins

Manny
    And you obviously don't read all my posting as I mentioned this. I know your not paying attention as usual.
  7. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    13 Sep '12 15:501 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Sep '12 18:55
    And you obviously don't read all my posting as I mentioned this. I know your not paying attention as usual.
    I think he is asking you to explain how that example is abstaining from blood or perhaps you would like to change your definition of what is meant by abstaining from blood.
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    13 Sep '12 19:58
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I think he is asking you to explain how that example is abstaining from blood or perhaps you would like to change your definition of what is meant by abstaining from blood.
    I know exactly what he is asking and implying. He does not read the info and explinations I post on this subject. And obviously neither do you or you wouldn't have posted this.

If you both would slow down, read the post of everyone here, you just might get the answers you so easily miss.

But to explain it "again" God gave the clear command to abstain from blood in more then one location in the Bible. The only exceptions are in a sacrificial situation as these scriptures show that Manny posted. And to make this even clearer, this was God's command and the "only" exception he has ever made to humans to use blood.

Is this easy enough yet?
  10. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    13 Sep '12 20:081 edit
    I know exactly what he is asking and implying. He does not read the info and explinations I post on this subject. And obviously neither do you or you wouldn't have posted this.

If you both would slow down, read the post of everyone here, you just might get the answers you so easily miss.

But to explain it "again" God gave the clear command to abs the "only" exception he has ever made to humans to use blood.

Is this easy enough yet?
    So your God wants you to abstain from blood when it comes to potentially life-saving medical procedures; but wants you to jump on the blood train when it comes to brutally slaughtering innocent animals. Your God obviously does not have His priorites straight. He may well be mentally impaired from what you have described.
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    13 Sep '12 20:20
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    So your God wants you to abstain from blood when it comes to potentially life-saving medical procedures; but wants you to jump on the blood train when it comes to brutally slaughtering innocent animals. Your God obviously does not have His priorites straight. He may well be mentally impaired from what you have described.
    Whatever....
  12. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    13 Sep '12 20:33
    Whatever....
    Try employing some rational thought for a second. According to you God, the supposed epitome of love, justice and righteousness, strictly forbids you to use blood in ways that are known to save lives and instead orders you to use blood only in rituals of barbaric, heinous, gratuitous suffering and death aimed at appeasing His gigantic ego. Make sense to you? 🙄🙄🙄🙄
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    As technology has increased the need for whole blood products has diminished, for
    many alternative procedures and recombinant alternatives are now available. I find it
    ultimately ironic that one who often chides others for their apparent ignorance should
    harp back to a medical procedure which has a well documented history of fatality, then
    again, no matter how educated one professes to be, a willingness to look at
    alternatives seems to be the remit of a few.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    Good day sir...
    Why not slap his cheek with your glove; darned fellow.
  15. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    13 Sep '12 20:37
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    As technology has increased the need for whole blood products has diminished, for
    many alternative procedures and recombinant alternatives are now available. I find it
    ultimately ironic that one who often chides others for their apparent ignorance should
    harp back to a medical procedure which has a well documented history of fatality, then
    a ...[text shortened]... ted one professes to be, a willingness to look at
    alternatives seems to be the remit of a few.
    Yeah, we are all aware how intellectually honest you have been in assessing the medical evidence for the efficacy of blood transfusions. 🙄

You keep doing yourself disservice by bringing this up again and again. Have you forgotten that your stance against such procedures has, in fact, nothing to do with considerations of their medical efficacy or lack thereof?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree