1. Cape Town
    Moves
    13 Sep '12 20:49
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    As technology has increased the need for whole blood products has diminished, .....
    So you admit that there was at one time a need for whole blood products?
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Sep '12 20:50
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    Yeah, we are all aware how intellectually honest you have been in assessing the medical evidence for the efficacy of blood transfusions. 🙄

You keep doing yourself disservice by bringing this up again and again. Have you forgotten that your stance against such procedures has, in fact, nothing to do with considerations of their medical efficacy or lack thereof?
    I was not considering it from my perspective, but yours, as one who professes to be
    forward thinking and open minded. I thought that was obvious, not apparently, obvious
    enough.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Sep '12 20:531 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    So you admit that there was at one time a need for whole blood products?
    No i don't, but then again, I am not a physician who administers it, am I. If you have neither religious convictions, nor philosophical nor medical reasons, then take blood, but you have no jurisdiction over anothers conscience nor their right to claim self determination, on religious, philosophical or medical grounds, do you understand.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Sep '12 20:56
    Originally posted by galveston75
    God gave the clear command to abstain from blood in more then one location in the Bible.
    He said don't "eat" it a couple of times; is that really your whole huge massive point? I mean, really?
  5. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    13 Sep '12 20:58
    I was not considering it from my perspective, but yours, as one who professes to be
    forward thinking and open minded. I thought that was obvious, not apparently, obvious
    enough.
    Huh? Try making sense next time.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Sep '12 21:021 edit
    Huh? Try making sense next time.
    It made perfect sense to me. Why don't you stop being such a square and try to view
    something from anothers perspective. For that you will need empathy and compassion,
    a willingness to be objective, to put aside preconceptions and to utilize your
    imagination. All ideals i am sure you are capable of aspiring to, given time 🙂
  7. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    13 Sep '12 21:102 edits
    It made perfect sense to me. Why don't you stop being such a square and try to view
    something from anothers perspective. For that you will need empathy and compassion,
    a willingness to be objective, to put aside preconceptions and to utilize your
    imagination. All ideals i am sure you are capable of aspiring to, given time 🙂
    WTF are you talking about? Let's recap. I made a comment to galvo that he holds a bizarro notion of a loving God who forbids him to use blood to save lives of sentient creatures and orders him to use blood only as it relates to brutally ending lives of sentient creatures. Then you butted in with some irrelevant nonsense, which has nothing at all to do with your stance against blood transfusions in the first place. That's what happened.

And please spare me the ironic comment about others being irresponsible in their assessment of the evidence for the medical efficacy of blood transfusions. Everyone here who has discussed this with you in the past already knows that you are as shamelessly disingenuous on this issue as a person can be. And regardless, even if they were 100% safe and you had overwhelming reasons to believe this, it would not change your stance. So, any day now, you can feel free to quit pretending that such considerations have anything to do with your blanket rejection of such blood transfusions. The truth is that your stance on this is fundamentalist, pure and simple, through and through.
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    13 Sep '12 21:16
    Originally posted by divegeester
    He said don't "eat" it a couple of times; is that really your whole huge massive point? I mean, really?
    Not so in these and MOST versions of the Bible. Need to see more?

Acts 15:20
    Today's New International Version (TNIV)

20 Instead we should write to them, telling them to abstain from food polluted by idols, from sexual immorality, from the meat of strangled animals and from blood.

King James Version (KJV)

20 But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.

Mounce Reverse-Interlinear New Testament (MOUNCE)

20 but should write to them to abstain from the pollutions of idols, and from sexual immorality, and from what has been strangled, and from blood.

Good News Translation (GNT)

20 Instead, we should write a letter telling them not to eat any food that is ritually unclean because it has been offered to idols; to keep themselves from sexual immorality; and not to eat any animal that has been strangled, or any blood.

Cross references:Acts 15:20 : Exod 34:15-Exod 34:17; Acts 15:20; Lev 18:6-Lev 18:23; Acts 15:20; Lev 17:10-Lev 17:16

Holman Christian Standard Bible (HCSB)

20 but instead we should write to them to abstain from things polluted by idols, from sexual immorality, from eating anything that has been strangled, and from blood.

Cross references:Acts 15:20 : 1Co 8:7, 13; 10:7-8, 14-28; Rv 2:14, 20

Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)

20 Instead, we should write them a letter telling them to abstain from things polluted by idols, from fornication, from what is strangled and from blood.
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    13 Sep '12 21:18
    WTF are you talking about? Let's recap. I made a comment to galvo that he holds a bizarro notion of a loving God who forbids him to use blood to save lives of sentient creatures and orders him to use blood only as it relates to brutally ending lives of sentient creatures. Then you butted in with some irrelevant nonsense, which has nothing at all to do ...[text shortened]... past already knows that you are as shamelessly disingenuous on this issue as a person can be.
    God is the one who uses the word "abstain" here. You need to talk to him why he's so bizarro as you say.....
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Sep '12 21:19
    WTF are you talking about? Let's recap. I made a comment to galvo that he holds a bizarro notion of a loving God who forbids him to use blood to save lives of sentient creatures and orders him to use blood only as it relates to brutally ending lives of sentient creatures. Then you butted in with some irrelevant nonsense, which has nothing at all to do with your stance against blood transfusions in the first place. That's what happened.
    It's called 'JW tagging'.

When one gets into trouble in a thread, the other throws counter measures.

An example is those 3 blood threads started by Galveston; have you noticed the two child sex abuse threads have drifted down the forum as a result.
  11. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    13 Sep '12 21:21
    God is the one who uses the word "abstain" here. You need to talk to him why he's so bizarro as you say.....
    He's probably too busy farting in bathtubs and celebrating very merry unbirthdays to talk.
  12. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    13 Sep '12 21:281 edit
    Yeah, according to you He says to abstain from blood when it comes to proven medical procedures that can save lives; and on the other hand says "Let it rain blood!" when it comes to slaughtering innocent animals. Like I said, makes sense to me. He's obviously very smart and loving.
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    13 Sep '12 21:38
    Yeah, according to you He says to abstain from blood when it comes to proven medical procedures that can save lives; and on the other hand says "Let it rain blood!" when it comes to slaughtering innocent animals. Like I said, makes sense to me. He's obviously very smart and loving.
    Sorry you are so confused...
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Sep '12 21:441 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    It's called 'JW tagging'.

When one gets into trouble in a thread, the other throws counter measures.

An example is those 3 blood threads started by Galveston; have you noticed the two child sex abuse threads have drifted down the forum as a result.
    says FMF's trusty sidekick! Who left the thread because he was challenged to read some court transcripts, classic.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Sep '12 21:44
    WTF are you talking about? Let's recap. I made a comment to galvo that he holds a bizarro notion of a loving God who forbids him to use blood to save lives of sentient creatures and orders him to use blood only as it relates to brutally ending lives of sentient creatures. Then you butted in with some irrelevant nonsense, which has nothing at all to do ...[text shortened]... The truth is that your stance on this is fundamentalist, pure and simple, through and through.
    LOL, such a square.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree