1. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    13 Sep '12 21:444 edits
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Sorry you are so confused...
    What am I confused about?

Let's recap your view. According to you, the loving, just, righteous, all-knowing man in the sky has said to abstain from blood, excepting cases where you slaughter innocent animals in order to bring Him glory (I'm not sure how that brings him actual glory, but let's go with it for a second).

So, it follows that if there are medical procedures involving the use of blood that are in fact life-saving, you are to abstain from using blood in such ways; remember, only use blood when brutally slaying innocent animals.

I don't think I am confused here. According to your view, we should never use blood when it entails saving or prolonging the lives of sentient beings; rather, we should only use blood when it entails their brutal suffering and death. Like I said: makes sense to me that a perfectly loving and righteous God would instruct us thusly.
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    13 Sep '12 21:56
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    What am I confused about?

Let's recap your view. According to you, the loving, just, righteous, all-knowing man in the sky has said to abstain from blood, excepting cases where you slaughter innocent animals in order to bring Him glory (I'm not sure how that brings him actual glory, but let's go with it for a second).

So, it follows that if there a ...[text shortened]... said: makes sense to me that a perfectly loving and righteous God would instruct us thusly.
    I haven't slayne any animals.
  3. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    13 Sep '12 22:03
    How is that relevant? I didn't claim that you have.

Care to comment on the actual content of my post? The actual content is the following. According to your view, a perfectly loving and righteous God has provided instructions that imply that one should never use blood when this use entails the saving or prolonging of life for sentient beings; and that one should only use blood when doing so entails the suffering and death of sentient beings. Does that not sound rather bizarre? Care to explain how that makes any sense?
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    14 Sep '12 01:27
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    How is that relevant? I didn't claim that you have.

Care to comment on the actual content of my post? The actual content is the following. According to your view, a perfectly loving and righteous God has provided instructions that imply that one should never use blood when this use entails the saving or prolonging of life for sentient beings; and th ...[text shortened]... entient beings. Does that not sound rather bizarre? Care to explain how that makes any sense?
    Not to me. God used animal sacrifices for a reason. So again, if you have a problem with that, give him a jingle.
  5. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    14 Sep '12 04:52
    And you obviously don't read all my posting as I mentioned this. I know your not paying attention as usual.
    My point is the Old testament and the Leviticus Priesthood was a bloody affair but I really don't think you really read much of the bible other than what your dudes in Brooklyn allow you to read. Dude with half my brain tied behind my back I can still pay attention LOL 🙂 On one hand it's abstain from blood on the other hand as I've shown you in scripture it shows a bloody affair so either your god is whacked or there is a different correct understanding which transcends your dudes in Brooklyn comprehension.

Manny
  6. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    14 Sep '12 04:54
    Not to me. God used animal sacrifices for a reason. So again, if you have a problem with that, give him a jingle.
    Can you give Lemon a coherent answer for what he is asking you? Why would a god allow the slaughter of animals for sacrifice yet not allow blood transfusion?

Manny
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Sep '12 05:36
    Not so in these and MOST versions of the Bible. Need to see more?

Acts 15:20
    Today's New International Version (TNIV)

20 Instead we should write to them, telling them to abstain from food polluted by idols, from sexual immorality, from the meat of strangled animals and from blood.

Acts 15:20
    King James Version (KJV)

20 But that we write ...[text shortened]... abstain from things polluted by idols, from fornication, from what is strangled and from blood.
    Hello! Quoting the same verse 6 times from 6 different translations is still one verse. And it still talks about 'eating' blood not transfusions.

You lot really are nuts; you must realise this sometimes, in your dreams maybe.
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    14 Sep '12 09:54
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    No i don't,
    So how does a 'need diminish' when there is no need? Either you admit there was a need, or your post does not make sense. Which is it?
  9. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    14 Sep '12 10:14
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    As technology has increased the need for whole blood products has diminished, for
    many alternative procedures and recombinant alternatives are now available. I find it
    ultimately ironic that one who often chides others for their apparent ignorance should
    harp back to a medical procedure which has a well documented history of fatality, then
    a ...[text shortened]... ted one professes to be, a willingness to look at
    alternatives seems to be the remit of a few.
    I find it ultimately ironic that one who often chides others for their apparent ignorance should harp back to a medical procedure which has a well documented history of fatality.

I think you'd find that nearly every medical procedure has a 'well documented history of fatality', that's the nature of medicine. But as LemonJello pointed out, which of course you ignored, this is a red herring from you. Even if blood transfusions were 100% safe you still wouldn't use them. Safety isn't the issue here, the issue is that in 1944 the Governing Body decided that blood transfusions were not be used by JW's and that was that.

A question for you, what happened in 1944? How come the change with regard to blood transfusions?
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Sep '12 10:32
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    [b]I find it ultimately ironic that one who often chides others for their apparent ignorance should harp back to a medical procedure which has a well documented history of fatality.

I think you'd find that nearly every medical procedure has a 'well documented history of fatality', that's the nature of medicine. But as LemonJello pointed out, which ...[text shortened]... on for you, what happened in 1944? How come the change with regard to blood transfusions?[/b]
    galveston75 used the word "discovered". They "discovered" something in 1944. But I asked him over and over again what it was or what he meant. But refused to answer.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Sep '12 12:23
    I suppose you are also against organ donations and transplants, since that will require blood transfusions, right? You say, "Just let them die."
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Sep '12 17:36
    [bA question for you, what happened in 1944? How come the change with regard to blood transfusions?[/b]
    That's been asked several times already; I doubt you will even get a response.
  13. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    14 Sep '12 20:243 edits
    Galveston acts as though he has been broken down and built back together again by the Jehovas Witness organisation. Indeed it seems he's drilled only to give prepared answers in response to standard challenges. Anything outside his gamut of known enquiry, something that will require him to actually think for himself and he cannot cope. Sometimes he'll answer a different question by choosing what he thinks is his best-fit stock solution to a question he only vaguely understands, other times he'll simply decline to answer the question, or otherwise he'll just insult or ignore the person asking them.

It is really quite tragic 🙁
  14. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    14 Sep '12 20:34
    Originally posted by divegeester
    That's been asked several times already; I doubt you will even get a response.
    I won't be getting a reply from Rob for a while, he's serving another forum ban. Hopefully he'll be back soon.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Sep '12 20:44
    I won't be getting a reply from Rob for a while, he's serving another forum ban. Hopefully he'll be back soon.
    Yes, let's hope so.

I never realised he had it in him.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree