1. Maryland
    Moves
    02 Apr '10 00:31
    Abstainer,n. A weak person who yields to the temptation of denying himself pleasure.....Ambrose Bierce
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    02 Apr '10 03:14
    Originally posted by 667joe
    Abstainer,n. A weak person who yields to the temptation of denying himself pleasure.....Ambrose Bierce
    Your going to get a lot of abstainers if you keep this up joe.
    hahahaha

I think you have to look at the reasons behind why one may abstain from certain things. Again, this is not a "one size fits all" arguement although I do see merit in your point.
    What is the point of giving up ciggies when you are really craving them? Especially when you replace the ciggie addiction with something else.
    I've heard of people "giving up" ciggies for 20 years only to go back on them.
    My own dad gave them up for 6 years(though I dont think it was for religous reasons)
    My message on this predicament is : DILUTE. Dilute your addictions. Work out reasonable alternatives. No point in not drinking today if you are going to hit it twice as hard tomorrow.
    Its understanding human psycology and the practical methods that lead to real,everlasting change.

This is another case of if it works then you will know by the fruit of your actions. Not the suppression of your ego.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree