1. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    05 Aug '08 22:02
    Do I have the story right ? God got mad at Adam and Eve because they ate from the magic tree after being told not to. Satan tempted them into the evil act. He conned them into believing they could become like God if they ate it. After they caved to temptation, and ate the fruit, God kicked them out of the Garden, and all of mankind was doomed for Hell because of this outrage. Then God after a period of time sent his Son to die as a Blood sacrifice so that some could get out of the Hell experience by believing in that story.
    What happened to the millions that died before Jesus was sent to earth ? Are they still rotting in Hell ? Tough on crime carried to an extreme ?
  2. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    05 Aug '08 22:171 edit
    Originally posted by buckky

What happened to the millions that died before Jesus was sent to earth ?
    They are still rotting in hell. It's eternal. You can bet Adam and Eve are not too popular among the folks down there.
  3. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    05 Aug '08 22:21
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    They are still rotting in hell. It's eternal. You can bet Adam and Eve are not too popular among the folks down there.
    wasn't it a tree of knowledge of good and evil or something along those lines? if so, does that imply adam and eve had no free will to choose between the two? also, did satan tell the truth? is it really godliness to know of good and evil?
  4. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    05 Aug '08 22:49
    Do I have the story right ? God got mad at Adam and Eve because they ate from the magic tree after being told not to. Satan tempted them into the evil act. He conned them into believing they could become like God if they ate it. After they caved to temptation, and ate the fruit, God kicked them out of the Garden, and all of mankind was doomed for Hell because ...[text shortened]... esus was sent to earth ? Are they still rotting in Hell ? Tough on crime carried to an extreme ?
    You almost have the story right.

God kicks Adam and Eve out of the garden, but they are doomed to mortality, not Hell. Hell is not a Jewish concept; Chiristianity picked up that concept from Zoroastrianism.

My personal belief is that hell, as a place or location, does not exist. I defer to the Chewbacca defense for that.
  5. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    06 Aug '08 02:52
    Originally posted by Badwater
    You almost have the story right.

God kicks Adam and Eve out of the garden, but they are doomed to mortality, not Hell. Hell is not a Jewish concept; Chiristianity picked up that concept from Zoroastrianism.

My personal belief is that hell, as a place or location, does not exist. I defer to the Chewbacca defense for that.
    In the old testament references to hell are better interpreted Sheol, or the grave. it was jewish theology that the dead resided in the ground, and that sin brought about spiritual death. In the new testament, references to hell are sometimes refering to a garbage heap outside the city of Jerusalem, and sometimes Hades, which is in greek mythology the resting place of all the dead, and not necessarily a place of punishmnet. It isn't until the new testament that the idea of eternal punishmnet comes into play, and was likely added by "editors" in subsequent copies of the gospels
  6. weedhopper
    Moves
    06 Aug '08 04:21
    Those who died previous to Christ are not all damned---God counted Abraham's rightoeusness toward his salvation. I think it's safe to say He did this for others as well. No big mystery here.
  7. At the Revolution
    Moves
    06 Aug '08 20:15
    And yet you still believe in a merciful God.
  8. England
    Moves
    07 Aug '08 14:08
    Originally posted by scherzo
    And yet you still believe in a merciful God.
    too true
  9. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    07 Aug '08 14:14
    So god is punishing many people, millions of them, because of what Adam and Eve did?
    Then god is truly evil. I've said it over and over again. God is evil. Hitler was good in comparison.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    08 Aug '08 04:273 edits

What happened to the millions that died before Jesus was sent to earth ? Are they still rotting in Hell ? Tough on crime carried to an extreme ?[/b]
    Your in luck, because I have THE official list right here in front of me. It says that 80% of those who died before Christ will go to hell and 15% will go to heaven and a small 5% are MIA. However, there is only a 40% chance that this is correct.
  11. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    26 Jun '09 20:53
    Well if you read the Bible it says the good were in Abraham's bosom until Christ came then He let them out.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree