1. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Jan '10 14:55
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Chess is not religion, robbie.
    Praying to god for a good move ina tricky situation violates TOS 3(c): "While a game is in progress you may not refer to chess engines, chess computers or be assisted by a third party." God is a third party, is she not?
    I hope you don't cheat...
    chess is a religion to some, they have idols that they worship, venues where they practice their worship, persons give it exclusive devotion. i have never petitioned God to help me find a good move, i somehow think he has more important matters to attend to, but please you must answer, there are degrees of fundamentalism or not?
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    07 Jan '10 15:03
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    chess is a religion to some, they have idols that they worship, venues where they practice their worship, persons give it exclusive devotion. i have never petitioned God to help me find a good move, i somehow think he has more important matters to attend to, but please you must answer, there are degrees of fundamentalism or not?
    I haven't heard of anyone seeing chess as a religion, worshipping and stuff, no I don't think so. Not for real.

Degrees of fundamentalism? The world is not black or white. But as long as Satan whispers in the ears of the fundamentalists, then I see it as bad, don't you?

There are some similarities between Alzheimers deseace and fundamentalism: a deficiency in the thinking process.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree