1. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    14 Apr '12 06:07
    Originally posted by Pianoman1
    I think most sane Christiams these days accept that Adam was a myth. I am not questioning Christian dogma here (perish the thought!), just gently and rather naughtily posing the question as to why artists of the Renaissance turned reaon off when they painted their beautiful masterpieces.
    If you believe that God can blow into a pile of dirt and make a fully grown human, then you probably have no issue with God putting a belly button on him either.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 Apr '12 06:25
    I think most sane Christiams these days accept that Adam was a myth. I am not questioning Christian dogma here (perish the thought!), just gently and rather naughtily posing the question as to why artists of the Renaissance turned reaon off when they painted their beautiful masterpieces.
    It clearly didn't occur to them to think about the idea that Adam might not have needed a belly button. Besides, its all fairy tales anyway, what difference does it make? You really think Samson brought down a palace by tugging on columns?
    You really think Jesus was the result of a virgin birth, that he rose up three days later and all that rot?
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    14 Apr '12 11:47
    Most sane christians? I dont know about that.

There seem to be plenty who want to accept the bible word for word literally

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree