So do you have a point?
    Yes.
  2. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    27 Jun '14 20:16
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Really?
    On page six, you blithering dolt, I call you out for referencing a thread which offered SEVEN PAGES of obfuscation, distraction and general avoidance; 102 posts of discussion, wherein atheists were asked why they are here, and of all 102 posts, two and one half spurious reasons were given.

I told you what those two and one half reasons were: on ...[text shortened]... today's populace than anything found in these forums.

Even still, the atheists here persist.
    Yes, really, you giant dunce.

Clearly, by your own admission, reasons were given. Now, of course you aren't going to consider those reason cogent, because you're not too fond of atheists.

Well, screw the fact that you don't think these reasons are cogent. These are our reasons and we will post here because of them for as long as we want.

Personally, I find the mental gymnastics that you theists do to make sense of your beliefs fascinating and it's by far the biggest reason why I read and write here and why I watch programs like The Big Questions (BBC) and even church broadcasts. The lenghts to which you guys go to stick to beliefs that are so obviously wrong is laughable and fascinating at the same time.

Don't like that reason? Well, tough luck, DumbDumb, cause I'll keep using it as long as I want.

So, nah, nahnahnahnah.
  3. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    27 Jun '14 20:33
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    Yes, really, you giant dunce.

Clearly, by your own admission, reasons were given. Now, of course you aren't going to consider those reason cogent, because you're not too fond of atheists.

Well, screw the fact that you don't think these reasons are cogent. These are our reasons and we will post here because of them for as long as we want.

Per ...[text shortened]... ell, tough luck, DumbDumb, cause I'll keep using it as long as I want.

So, nah, nahnahnahnah.
    Listen, you stuttering Special Olympics also-ambled, when I insult you, I expect you to stay insulted.
    Thoroughly and wholly insulted.
    Don't try to turn this crap around on me.

Cogent means it is convincing or believable by virtue of forcible, clear, or incisive presentation; it must be to the point; relevant; pertinent.

Nothing that was offered within the 2.5 out of 102 posts was anywhere near these attributes or qualities.
    Nor were any of the "reasons" given even reasonable: who does in life what the atheists do on here?
    If a person did, they'd be in the cell next to you there in the loony bin, eating fish through a straw.
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    27 Jun '14 20:34
    Really?
    On page six, you blithering dolt, I call you out for referencing a thread which offered SEVEN PAGES of obfuscation, distraction and general avoidance; 102 posts of discussion, wherein atheists were asked why they are here, and of all 102 posts, two and one half spurious reasons were given.
    102 post that you managed to count with your hands firmly over your eyes. Your skills are amazing.

So why is it so important to you that atheists not be able to explain why they are here? You admit that you, yourself do not know why we are here, so it can't be that you need an excuse for your own theory as to why we are here.
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    27 Jun '14 20:35
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Yes.
    But you wish to keep it private. I hope you at least got some amusement out of it.
  6. Joined
    13 Apr '11
    Moves
    27 Jun '14 20:40
    I don't recall saying atheists win all the debates.
    In fact, if the standard rules of debate were applied, atheists would end up looking officially like the children they behave on here.

You and your cohorts are petulant schoolyard bullies.
    Maybe you see this forum as your opportunity to 'get back' at all those kids who were better at sports when you ...[text shortened]... position.
    Refusing to stay on topic.
    Attacking the person.
    All pusillanimous tactics.
    Weak.
    Random-Insult-Bot strikes again. For June 27th, 2014, your random insult of the day is: accuse your debate opponent of being bad at sports. Random-Insult-Bot is wrong in this case, because I'm actually fairly good at sports (or at least baseball and tennis), so that can't be the problem. Maybe tomorrow it will generate a more apt insult for you.

You might have more success winning debates if you actually spent more time debating and less time telling us how good you are, and how bad we are, at debating. If our position really is "inferior," if we spend so much time "refusing to stay on topic" and "attacking the person," if we debate like "children," then it should be trivial for someone of your self-professed skill to defeat us.
  7. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    27 Jun '14 20:57
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    102 post that you managed to count with your hands firmly over your eyes. Your skills are amazing.

So why is it so important to you that atheists not be able to explain why they are here? You admit that you, yourself do not know why we are here, so it can't be that you need an excuse for your own theory as to why we are here.
    By virtue of not answering the question, atheists have made it a growing concern.
    Before, it was just curiosity.
    Now, your group's intransigence has made it an imperative: what are you hiding?
  8. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    27 Jun '14 20:57
    Listen, you stuttering Special Olympics also-ambled, when I insult you, I expect you to stay insulted.
    Thoroughly and wholly insulted.
    Don't try to turn this crap around on me.

Cogent means it is convincing or believable by virtue of forcible, clear, or incisive presentation; it must be to the point; relevant; pertinent.

Nothing that was offered wi ...[text shortened]... rson did, they'd be in the cell next to you there in the loony bin, eating fish through a straw.
    Thanks, dick-tionary, but I know what cogent means. No need for your copy-paste definitions.

A lot of stuff that happens on the internet would be frowned upon - and worse - IRL. Doesn't make it wrong.

Who does in life what the atheist does on here? Richard Dawkins?? Christopher Hitchens?? Guests on The Big Questions?? Joe Average in a bar with his Christian friend after enough beers??

Why do you continue to converse with the atheists on here?
  9. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    27 Jun '14 21:04
    Originally posted by PatNovak
    Random-Insult-Bot strikes again. For June 27th, 2014, your random insult of the day is: accuse your debate opponent of being bad at sports. Random-Insult-Bot is wrong in this case, because I'm actually fairly good at sports (or at least baseball and tennis), so that can't be the problem. Maybe tomorrow it will generate a more apt insult for you.

You migh ...[text shortened]... ike "children," then it should be trivial for someone of your self-professed skill to defeat us.
    That was the point, Dexter.
    If--- and it's a big if--- we can get you guys to stay on topic, you lose every time.
    It's when we can't get you to argue/discuss the point that the whole thing unravels.
    Don't hold the theist responsible for the atheist's refusal to stay on topic.
  10. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    27 Jun '14 21:06
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    Thanks, dick-tionary, but I know what cogent means. No need for your copy-paste definitions.

A lot of stuff that happens on the internet would be frowned upon - and worse - IRL. Doesn't make it wrong.

Who does in life what the atheist does on here? Richard Dawkins?? Christopher Hitchens?? Guests on The Big Questions?? Joe Average in a bar with h ...[text shortened]... istian friend after enough beers??

Why do you continue to converse with the atheists on here?
    You're welcome, ri-dick-you-less.

Good point.

I think I'll let the inmates run the prison for a little while; see you guys after a stretch.
  11. Joined
    13 Apr '11
    Moves
    27 Jun '14 21:17
    That was the point, Dexter.
    If--- and it's a big if--- we can get you guys to stay on topic, you lose every time.
    It's when we can't get you to argue/discuss the point that the whole thing unravels.
    Don't hold the theist responsible for the atheist's refusal to stay on topic.
    Random-Insult-Bot: Today, call your opponent "Dexter."

Yet another post about how good you are and how bad we are at debating. How surprising.

A good debater does not need his/her opponent to stay on topic to win a debate. In fact, it would be viewed as an opportunity by a good debater. It is easier to win a debate when your opponent makes the mistake of going off topic. If we do indeed go off topic so much, a debater as skilled as you claim to be should view it as an opportunity instead of complaining about it.
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    27 Jun '14 22:024 edits
    But you wish to keep it private. I hope you at least got some amusement out of it.
    I think everyone chooses to believe what they think is the truth.

Yes, twhitehead: "chooses to believe..." Question: how many different truths can exist on any given question?

It depends on the question. For your question above, I would think a near infinite number, depending on how your question is interpreted. (I am giving only one)

Does God exist?

It depends on whether you are asking for opinions, or asking in a strictly logical boolean manner. Obviously for the latter there is only one possible truth. And I think we were both well aware of that from the beginning. So why did you ask? Stop boring us and get to the point.

"Does God exist?"

Only two unequivocal answers: yes; or no. The question in context is rhetorical and unrelated to which answer you choose.

So do you have a point?

Yes.

Truth is definitive without being subject to any variety of emotionally driven questions that may be posed.
  13. Joined
    23 Nov '09
    Moves
    27 Jun '14 22:481 edit
    You're welcome, ri-dick-you-less.

Good point.

I think I'll let the inmates run the prison for a little while; see you guys after a stretch.
    Out of curiosity ... weren't you the one that posted here on these forums long ago that you don't masturbate or have sex with your wife because your god tells you it is a sin to waste your semen?
  14. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    28 Jun '14 01:01
    Originally posted by Kegge
    Out of curiosity ... weren't you the one that posted here on these forums long ago that you don't masturbate or have sex with your wife because your god tells you it is a sin to waste your semen?
    I have (last count) six offspring (if their mother is to be believed), Kegge-method.
    If their mother is a saint (and I take her word for it), these ain't no immaculate conceptions.

See you guys on the flip side.
  15. Cape Town
    Moves
    28 Jun '14 06:57
    Truth is definitive without being subject to any variety of emotionally driven questions that may be posed.
    So, all that just to make a trivial observation. Is there more to it that I am missing?
    I am starting to understand why you copy and paste so much. It seems you are nearly incapable of normal communication.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree