1. Standard memberCalJust
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Moves
    22 Jun '14 17:31
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    No it is not the truth. I have picked something about evolution to refute and it is impossible to stay on that because there is always someone that will ask, "but what about this or that?" .
    OK, my challenge is for you to PICK ONE! And I for one will promise to stay on topic, until we have either agreed on that one topic (however unlikely, but still possible) or we agree to disagree due to the conflicting data.

If have suggested one such topic earlier on: how did Australian fauna get to and from the Ark?
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 Jun '14 20:16
    Originally posted by CalJust
    OK, my challenge is for you to PICK ONE! And I for one will promise to stay on topic, until we have either agreed on that one topic (however unlikely, but still possible) or we agree to disagree due to the conflicting data.

If have suggested one such topic earlier on: how did Australian fauna get to and from the Ark?
    That's not evolution. However, I did answer this kind of question about kangaroos on another thread.
  3. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    22 Jun '14 20:20
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    The ignorant thinking in sonhouse's thread ("A new religion, IF THERE WAS A GOD:" ) made me unable to resist posting in it.

But I now see that all of the atheists in this forum who have made their beds and now lie in them are truly blind to the 'wheels within wheels' thinking that dominates this forum now. And you all consider yourselves "above the fray ...[text shortened]... at me and say "Good riddance!"

Myself, I can only say, with all sincerity, "Adieu".
    Mount Gay Rum 1703 Old Cask Selection; Just give it the time to breathe and enjoy😵
  4. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    22 Jun '14 21:24
    The ignorant thinking in sonhouse's thread ("A new religion, IF THERE WAS A GOD:" ) made me unable to resist posting in it.

But I now see that all of the atheists in this forum who have made their beds and now lie in them are truly blind to the 'wheels within wheels' thinking that dominates this forum now. And you all consider yourselves "above the fray ...[text shortened]... at me and say "Good riddance!"

I feel your anger.
    The atheists--- who cannot hope to cogently describe why they continue frequenting the forum, and have to date refused/failed to do so--- are little more than terrorists/protesters.

They are loathe to either join in or allow thoughtful discussion on the topics which arise, instead taking every single opportunity to employ their bullhorn of sarcasm and ridicule, insisting there is no basis for spirituality.

A sorry, sorry lot indeed, whose main solidarity is clicking a hyperlink with the image of a downward facing thumb in a symbolic gesture of their intense displeasure and/or hatred.

Scorched earth, fellas.
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    22 Jun '14 22:01

Sans Dieu Rien.
  6. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    23 Jun '14 00:37
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    I feel your anger.
    The atheists--- who cannot hope to cogently describe why they continue frequenting the forum, and have to date refused/failed to do so--- are little more than terrorists/protesters.

They are loathe to either join in or allow thoughtful discussion on the topics which arise, instead taking every single opportunity to employ their bullh ...[text shortened]... umb in a symbolic gesture of their intense displeasure and/or hatred.

Scorched earth, fellas.
    Do you really think it is impossible to have a spiritual life without believing in a God?
  7. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    23 Jun '14 08:36
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    Do you really think it is impossible to have a spiritual life without believing in a God?
    Do you really think that's the issue here?
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Jun '14 09:58
    Why do theists get so bent out of shape because their beliefs are challenged or ridiculed in this forum. This idea that this place is supposed to be some sort of multi-faith cosy spiritual reach-around makes my toes curl. Galveston is another sulker, still off licking his 'indignancy wounds' and shaking off his metaphorical dusty sandals. I'm a theist and I find many (but not all) of the other theists here either objectionable, frightening or ridiculous.
  9. Standard memberCalJust
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Moves
    23 Jun '14 10:24
    That's not evolution. However, I did answer this kind of question about kangaroos on another thread.
    Don't worry if you can't answer it - it's a tough nut.

In several ways the story of Noah's Ark IS linked to evolution, maybe thats why you talk about it so much.

But fair enough, let's say it isn't. So pick another subject - but remember: no abuse, no Bible references, no red herrings. Just plain science and logic.

OK?
  10. Standard memberCalJust
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Moves
    23 Jun '14 11:25
    I don't feel any need to be respectful to those that are not respectful to me.
    Of course not, Ron! Way to go!

Why should we follow Christ's teaching of turning the other cheek? Naah!

Rather do what Paul says so eloquently: "Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, who never ignored an insult and always responded in kind. He never allowed himself to be humbled but always made sure that others respected his honor. That is why he is our example, and has been raised to the right hand of God".
  11. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    23 Jun '14 12:32
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Do you really think that's the issue here?
    From your earlier post:
    They are loathe to either join in or allow thoughtful discussion on the topics which arise, instead taking every single opportunity to employ their bullhorn of sarcasm and ridicule, insisting there is no basis for spirituality.
    so given your post I think my question was relevant.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 Jun '14 13:21
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    Buddhists seem to think so.
  13. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    23 Jun '14 13:41

we all understand how sonhouse cries for attention and wants to bait theists.

you making a thread about how he cries for attention is a cry for attention.
  14. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    23 Jun '14 15:03
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Buddhists seem to think so.
    Buddhists aren't necessarily atheist, it's just that the purpose of the religion is to escape the cycle of life, death and reincarnation, that the gods are subject to as well. So it's not so much that they are atheist, it's just that the gods aren't important. Which is quite an interesting concept in a religion.
  15. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    23 Jun '14 16:00
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    we all understand how sonhouse cries for attention and wants to bait theists.

you making a thread about how he cries for attention is a cry for attention.
    The funny thing is, I think sonhouse is actually a theist himself.

If that's true, then there are 2 reasons to label him a master-baiter. 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree