1. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    22 Jun '14 05:59
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Well, googlefudge does not seem to agree that suzianne was moderate. He just calls her a hypocrite.
    Every moderate is called a hypocrite, usually from both sides.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    22 Jun '14 06:021 edit
    Originally posted by Paul Dirac II
    I have been registered at discussion boards that are primarily for serving the skeptical community. I find those discussions to be most interesting when Believers are passionately debating against us. In fact, I have posted more than once at those boards that I don't want them to ever ban Believers.

This month I sent a PM to one of Red Hot Pawn's mo ...[text shortened]... ry literal fashion-- inviting him to one of my secular boards. So far, no response from him. 🙁
    The sad thing about debate boards is that they quickly race to the
    bottom of the barrel when it comes to respectnig each other as people.
    The name calling starts almost with in the first couple of posts, it is
    almost a sport to see how nasty one can get. It isn't just this place
    that does it, it is human trait. Attack the person so their ideas do not
    have to be taken seriously.
    Kelly
  3. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    22 Jun '14 07:07
    It's good to take break once in a while from these forums

Manny

PS hate to see you leave
  4. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    22 Jun '14 07:171 edit
    28 Then Suzianne prayed to the Lord, “Sovereign Lord, remember me. Please, God, strengthen me just once more, and let me with one blow get revenge on the Philistines for belittling my faith.” 29 Then Suzianne reached toward the two central keys on which the browser stood. Bracing herself against them, her right hand on the ALT key and her left hand on F4, 30 Suzianne said, “Let me die with the Philistines!” Then she pushed with all her might, and down came the browser on the taskbar and all the programs on it.

Don't let it be said that we can't be more original than 'good riddance'. 😵
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    22 Jun '14 07:21
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    The ignorant thinking in sonhouse's thread....
    Surely it is to be assumed that an atheist is ignorant of Christianity? Surely the only way to assist such atheists is to address that ignorance by explaining Christianity to them?
    But instead, you seemed to be saying in that thread: "get out of our forum!".
    Now I would not intrude on a forum that was set up purely to discuss theism between theists, but that is not the sole purpose of this forum. In fact, if an atheist were to post a thread about theism in the debates forum, the moderators would move the thread here. That is actually how I first discovered this forum.

But not enough guts to admit it.
    Much of the hatred seems to be coming from you. That line reads like an insult. It is most definitely a case of disrespecting my beliefs, something you seem to have a problem with in others. What happened to 'Do unto others....'?

It's right and correct that you atheists have kept the Science forum pure and incorrigible from wrong-thinking people who claim to have the secrets of the universe in their hands.
    Yet you accused us of ejecting people on the basis of ignorance.

It's also absolutely too bad that the theists in this forum have miserably failed at doing the same thing here in this forum.
    I think you will find that many of the wrong-thinking people who claim to have the secrets of the universe in their hands are theists.
  6. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    22 Jun '14 07:281 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    [b]But not enough guts to admit it.
    Much of the hatred seems to be coming from you. That line reads like an insult. It is most definitely a case of disrespecting my beliefs, something you seem to have a problem with in others. What happened to 'Do unto others....'?[/b]
    Interesting observation. Perhaps it's projection [denying one's faults by claiming it's others who have them]?!
  7. Standard memberCalJust
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Moves
    22 Jun '14 08:101 edit
    Others turned the discussion into creationism. I began with the problems with evolution.
    I have not seen ONE thread where you responded logically, intelligently and respectfully to ONE poster that countered an argument of yours with facts.

Typically your threads start:

- The Ark has been found!
    - Problems with radiometric dating
    - Geological layers and Mt St Helen
    - etc etc

over and over and over again.

Yet when somebody responds to give evidence to the contrary, your reaction is:
    - You ignorant bunch, you are stupid to believe in evilution!
    - you ignorant buch, you refuse to believe the Bible!

I would like to challenge you to pick ONE aspect of evolution that you want to refute, or ONE aspect of ID that you want to promote, and then agree to answer every counter argument to the best of your ability, without once refering to the Bible or saying "this is because god made it so" or saying "you guys are all stupid"

Only if you are prepared to do this, will anybody take you seriously.

Suzy, I for one am sorry to see you go. I have found you a kindred soul in many aspects. You may have noticed that during the past ten years or so I have also sometimes disappeared for long periods, but every now and again I pop in to see if anything has changed. (Mostly, not much! same old same old....) Anyway, go well, maybe our paths will cross again.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 Jun '14 14:31
    Originally posted by CalJust
    I have not seen ONE thread where you responded logically, intelligently and respectfully to ONE poster that countered an argument of yours with facts.

- etc etc

Yet when somebody respond ...[text shortened]... ed. (Mostly, not much! same old same old....) Anyway, go well, maybe our paths will cross again.
    I was referring to my posts I started in the Science Forum. I don't feel any need to be respectful to those that are not respectful to me.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Jun '14 14:33
    Originally posted by CalJust

- etc etc

Yet when somebody respond ...[text shortened]... ed. (Mostly, not much! same old same old....) Anyway, go well, maybe our paths will cross again.
    ain't that the truth.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 Jun '14 14:47
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    ain't that the truth.
    No it is not the truth. I have picked something about evolution to refute and it is impossible to stay on that because there is always someone that will ask, "but what about this or that?" You JWs are the same way.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 Jun '14 15:40
    No it is not the truth. I have picked something about evolution to refute and it is impossible to stay on that because there is always someone that will ask, "but what about this or that?" You JWs are the same way.
    I believe that falls under the heading of 'don't confuse me with facts, my mind is made up'
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 Jun '14 16:11
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I believe that falls under the heading of 'don't confuse me with facts, my mind is made up'
    Only you guys were trying to confuse the issue with fiction, not facts.
  13. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    22 Jun '14 17:08
    I wonder if Suzianne knew her Adieu post would initiate the same kind of dialogue that resulted in her departure. It's kind of like a self-fulfilling prophesy.
  14. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    22 Jun '14 17:19
    Only you guys were trying to confuse the issue with fiction, not facts.
    RJ, since you label every scientific result which disagrees with the history according to a literal reading of the Bible as fiction I don't think that argument holds much weight.
  15. Standard memberCalJust
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Moves
    22 Jun '14 17:28
    I was referring to my posts I started in the Science Forum. I don't feel any need to be respectful to those that are not respectful to me.
    I am not referring to your posts in the science forum. I have never read any, but I would be very surprised if they were different from the ones in this forum.

Everything that I have said in my post applies to all the posts of yours that I have read. Even my own, very specific responses to your comments about evolution - like when I quoted specific passages from Francis Collins' book, you have studiously ignored.

But a few days later you make EXACTLY THE SAME STATEMENTS that I have responded to and refuted?

If you are not prepared to take up my challenge (of proposing that we discuss properly and one key item of your choice) let ME propose a topic:

Can you please explain to me how the kangeroos, koala bears and platypuses got to and from the Ark, specifically:

- how long do you think they took for the journey?
    - did they travel over land (Gondwanaland?) or sea?
    - How did they survive whilst traveling through the various often hostile habitats?

Remember, all three of these animals are "unclean", i.e. they have no cloven feet and don't chew the cud. So there was only one pair each of them.

If you like, you can answer in a new thread.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree