1. S. Korea
    Moves
    11 Dec '18 11:43
    @fmf said
    Everything I post is offered in good faith.
    Then why do you treat discussions like interrogations, and repeat yourself over & over again, without elaborating your position or engaging the crux of the discussion?

Why don't Presidential debates look like people just hounding each other with repetitious questions & the same, small talking points, over and over?

Why don't you let go of your ego and chew on that nut a while. Why don't you ask yourself some questions about that.

Anyhow -- now you know how I feel about it.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Dec '18 11:44
    @philokalia said
    Just do good faith posting.If you were doing that in the beginning, Romans1009 would not have behaved that way -- or if he had, it would have been unjustifiable and I would have felt quite differently.
    I didn't "troll" Romans1009 at all.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Dec '18 11:46
    @philokalia said
    Then why do you treat discussions like interrogations, and repeat yourself over & over again, without elaborating your position or engaging the crux of the discussion?

Why don't Presidential debates look like people just hounding each other with repetitious questions & the same, small talking points, over and over?

Why don't you let go of your ego and chew on that ...[text shortened]... hy don't you ask yourself some questions about that.

Anyhow -- now you know how I feel about it.
    I don't feel I need any of this advice from you. And I think you are mischaracterizing my contributions: everything I post is offered in good faith.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Dec '18 11:50
    @philokalia said
    Why don't you let go of your ego and chew on that nut a while. Why don't you ask yourself some questions about that.
    "Chew on that nut a while"? I don't think you are being thought-provoking at all. I think your deterioration on the Moral Argument for God's Existence thread was interesting and I think you starting this thread is interesting ~ but not the kind of "interesting" you'd like it to be.
  5. S. Korea
    Moves
    11 Dec '18 12:38
    Your problem is really simple, FMF: you think your poop doesn't stink.

You think that treating every discussion like an interrogation and being as repetitive as you want, being as minimalistic as you want, and ignoring the core of other people's content is good faith and isn't its own form of trolling.

And so when Romans trolled you, you actually thought of yourself as an innocent victim.

You are missing some basic humility, muchacho.

Look at the quotes I provided here; look at how deflective you just were today, look how you repeated the same questions over & over & over again even when it had been answered early, never even explaining what possible angle you are coming from on the topic.

None of that is good faith posting. None of that is how discussions work.

Remember when I talked about how one of us can have the last word in a discussion, and I offered it to you, seeing if you would take me up on the opportunity to wind things down properly?

See, that is another great example of the style that you engage people with.

How is that not petty, irritating, and frustrating to others?

How is that discussing in good faith?

How is that not trolling..?

Do you really think the lack of explicit & direct insults means that you are not trolling someone -- do you really think being obnoxious, but not cussing, means you are being polite..?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Dec '18 12:49
    @philokalia said

You think that treating every discussion like an interrogation and being as repetitive as you want, being as minimalistic as you want, and ignoring the core of other people's content is good faith and isn't its own form of trolling.

And so when Romans trolled you, you actually thought of yoursel ...[text shortened]... lling someone -- do you really think being obnoxious, but not cussing, means you are being polite..?
    I think my posting is fine. You should post the way you want and engage who you want.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Dec '18 12:49
    @philokalia said

And so when Romans trolled you, you actually thought of yoursel ...[text shortened]... lling someone -- do you really think being obnoxious, but not cussing, means you are being polite..?
    I don't "troll" anyone.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Dec '18 12:58
    @philokalia said
    I bet it does! 😵
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Dec '18 13:18
    @philokalia said
    In real life, I'd never tolerate someone trying to interrogate me and ignoring the content of my words to focus on whatever they wanted to focus on, so why would I do this with my free time on the internet?
    There is no onus on you to do anything that you don't want to do.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Dec '18 15:173 edits
    Philokalia,

I think your posting style is very good.
    And suprise, some other posters whose style is not bad are posters with whom I have serious disagreements. But my disagreements are not usually about style.

LemmonJello - Good style

ThinkofOne - Pretty Good style (stubborn some and evasive some. But posts are usually not trollish)

I guess my only point here is that I regard the posting style OK of posters with whom I have deep and serious disagreements. It has nothing to do with "whose side" they're on.
  11. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    11 Dec '18 15:30
    @fmf said
    Advice on how to post well from Philokalia who singled out Romans1009 as the "best poster" on the Spirituality Forum.
    A perfect example of deflection is your post FMF.

You're all form and no substance in your posting style.
  12. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    11 Dec '18 15:33
    @divegeester said
    The biggest complaint I have about the posting this forum is the demonstrable intellectual dishonesty from the likes of KellyJay and sonship, who in particular, will deliberately avoid answering spot-on-target laser-focused binary response questions about their beliefs, which are presented to them in order to get to definitive base level outcomes which can then be explore ...[text shortened]... have with KellyJay and sonship, and to an increasing degree with SecondSon. It wreaks of dishonesty.
    More defective fluff from divegeester following the FMF narrative.
  13. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    11 Dec '18 15:332 edits
    @Philokalia

Ever considered not reacting to posts that, in your opinion, do not contribute to productive discussion?

(e.g. "Don't feed the troll" )
  14. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    11 Dec '18 15:39
    @divegeester said
    The only thing we have to discuss with any certainty is the past.

Your claim that Romans1009 was one of the best posters on the site was a blurt by you aimed at FMF and with the intent to irritate one of your forum detractors. As it is blatantly bleeding obvious that the comment is neither accurate nor your honest opinion, it therefore quite rightly comes back like a stinking zombie corpse to grab your ankle.
    There is the present which is even more certain.

The rest of your post is just more of your virulence. It's all you can do in the face of an honest poster like Philokalia, who in his OP gave a clear presentation of the truth about posters like you and your cohort FMF.
  15. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    11 Dec '18 15:46
    @divegeester said
    But there is no "trolling" to be countered! You are using the term "counter-trolling" incorrectly and at worst dishonestly. What you liked about Romans1009 was that he was targeting, among other posters, your forum combatant FMF.

Despite my differences with posters here there have only been two sustained examples of true "trollng"; Romans1009 and Fetchmyjunk/dj2becker.
    You and FMF are trolling this thread. You are both the most prolific trolls in the spirituality forum.

And you are an especially spiteful, arrogant and judgmental troll. You learned well from the heretics and naysayers.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree