1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Dec '18 19:54
    @secondson said
    There is the present which is even more certain.

The rest of your post is just more of your virulence. It's all you can do in the face of an honest poster like Philokalia, who in his OP gave a clear presentation of the truth about posters like you and your cohort FMF.
    😴
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Dec '18 19:551 edit
    @secondson said
    You and FMF are trolling this thread. You are both the most prolific trolls in the spirituality forum.

And you are an especially spiteful, arrogant and judgmental troll. You learned well from the heretics and naysayers.
    And you are a weedy guy who like to through his puffed authority around in his little church.
    You try it in here but find the wind blows your piss back at you.
  3. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    11 Dec '18 21:08
    @divegeester said
    And you are a weedy guy who like to through his puffed authority around in his little church.
    You try it in here but find the wind blows your piss back at you.
    Here again you demonstrate how askew your perceptions are.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Dec '18 21:201 edit
    @secondson said
    Here again you demonstrate how askew your perceptions are.
    I don’t think so:

You don’t teach
    You don’t counsel
    You provide spiritual muscle to settle disputes among 30 elderly, young and otherwise meek members
    You try it on in here
    You get blowback
    You make out you “used to be” a tough guy in real life
    You claim it would be better if god gets me, rather than you get me
    You’re a blowhard SecondSon, no one is impressed
  5. S. Korea
    Moves
    11 Dec '18 22:39
    @bigdoggproblem said
    @Philokalia

Ever considered not reacting to posts that, in your opinion, do not contribute to productive discussion?

(e.g. "Don't feed the troll" )
    I have. And that would be a good tactic in many circumstances but so much of the content revolves around the high volume posts of a few users.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Dec '18 23:00
    @philokalia said
    I have. And that would be a good tactic in many circumstances but so much of the content revolves around the high volume posts of a few users.
    The highest volume poster of this year - and the best, according to you - was probably Romans1009 and yet you scarcely engaged him or his content at all. Maybe you should treat posters whose content and style you disapprove of in the same way as you did Romans1009: you basically just let him be.
  7. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    12 Dec '18 00:12
    @divegeester said
    I don’t think so:

You don’t teach
    You don’t counsel
    You provide spiritual muscle to settle disputes among 30 elderly, young and otherwise meek members
    You try it on in here
    You get blowback
    You make out you “used to be” a tough guy in real life
    You claim it would be better if god gets me, rather than you get me
    You’re a blowhard SecondSon, no one is impressed
    You haven't been on topic yet in this thread.

You seem to think debate is about calling names, criticizing, ridiculing, making derogatory remarks, insulting and harassment.

Earmarks of a troll.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Dec '18 01:38
    @secondson said
    The topic of this thread is primarily about how the OP poster got thoroughly rubbed up the wrong way on Thread 179061 and he did not like it one little bit. The title of the thread broadens the topic more generally to cover what we approve and disapprove of with regard to other people's posts.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 Dec '18 03:36
    @fmf said
    Everything I post is offered in good faith.
    Dude, far out!

Who did you post as saying things like this? I forgot the name you pretended to go by.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Dec '18 06:441 edit
    @secondson said

You seem to think debate is about calling names, criticizing, ridiculing, making derogatory remarks, insulting and harassment.

Earmarks of a troll.
    You are just making this up. Every one of my posts was on topIc until YOU can in making personal attacks.

Go back and have a look and stop channelling Suzianne.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Dec '18 13:503 edits
    @divegeester

Define "corporate religion" please.

You use that expression a few times.
    What is it ?

DO you avoid "corporate religion" by never gathering with anyone else so that it could be said " I worshipped with this congregation " ?

Is that how you avoid "corporate religion," with rank individualism ?
  12. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    12 Dec '18 16:40
    Rosalia was born of a Norman noble family that claimed descent from Charlemagne. Devoutly religious, she retired to live as a hermit in a cave on Mount Pellegrino, where she died alone in 1166.

I like to believe God still found her, (even in her solitude).

(Wiki)
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Dec '18 17:401 edit
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

Rosalia was born of a Norman noble family that claimed descent from Charlemagne. Devoutly religious, she retired to live as a hermit in a cave on Mount Pellegrino, where she died alone in 1166.

I like to believe God still found her, (even in her solitude).

Of course God can have a relationship with someone in solitude.

But do we have any consideration for what He wants and not just what is the individual's private needs ?
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    12 Dec '18 17:51
    Understanding Solitude and Silence

Solitude is for being alone with God. It is completed by silence. There’s much to be said about solitude, but what’s most important is that it is a way to do nothing. Yes, do nothing. Don’t try to be productive — even in Bible study! Solitude and silence is an opportunity to focus on your Intimacy with Jesus, to unhook from your daily responsibilities and the people you interact with, in order to attend to the Lord alone. In solitude we don’t try to make anything happen. We just bring our naked self to the Lord to be with him.

“Solitude is the creation of an open, empty space in our lives by purposely abstaining from interaction with other human beings, so that, freed from competing loyalties, we can be found by God” (Life with God Bible, p. 531).
  15. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    12 Dec '18 17:54
    “Now Moses used to take a tent and pitch it outside the camp some distance away, calling it the ‘tent of meeting’… The LORD would speak to Moses face to face, as a man speaks with his friend. Then Moses would return to the camp, but his young aide Joshua son of Nun did not leave the tent.”

(Exodus 33:7, 11)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree