1. Joined
    27 Oct '07
    Moves
    06 Apr '08 18:42
    since my posting on time strom i really start to think about my place in these forums. now in whose heaven i turned agnostic. no one has all the answers, yet being agnostic is best.

being a theist will have me worshipping the wrong god. now i'm thinking about agnosticism. i'm not outruling the possibility of god existing; i'm just saying that since there's no evidence either way, i'll go the agnostic route.

no one has a direct contact with the divine realm, and if so, they can't bring me there. i have to find it on my own.

for man, agnosticism is the most logical approach. we try to find evidence so we can examine all the data and make our own determination based on that. i'm tired of indoctrination! either they tell us that we shouldn't listien to anyone but them, or they say that all others are wrong and their religion is right. maybe none of them are wrong! however yu find a sprirtual link with a higher power, that is what you choose, and no one can deny us of our personal experiences except...ourselves. what we feel and believe in our hearts is real to us.
  2. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    06 Apr '08 20:12
    Originally posted by dragonstarr369
    now in whose heaven i turned agnostic. now i'm thinking about agnosticism. i'm not outruling the possibility of god existing; i'm just saying that since there's no evidence either way, i'll go the agnostic route.
    If you want some evidence, who do you think is responsible for all those time storms that the scientific community keeps covering up, hmm? Time storms are just one of God's manifestations.
  3. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    06 Apr '08 20:19
    since my posting on time strom i really start to think about my place in these forums. now in whose heaven i turned agnostic. no one has all the answers, yet being agnostic is best.

being a theist will have me worshipping the wrong god. now i'm thinking about agnosticism. i'm not outruling the possibility of god existing; i'm just saying that sinc ...[text shortened]... al experiences except...ourselves. what we feel and believe in our hearts is real to us.
    agnosticism is fence-sitting, i know that because i went from theist, to agnostic, to atheist and i feel stupid for ever believing i was an agnostic. your life will change for the better when you live w/o the belief in the POSSIBILITY of god.
  4. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    06 Apr '08 20:36

being a theist will have me worshipping the wrong god. now i'm thinking about agnosticism. i'm not outruling the possibility of god existing; i'm just saying that sinc ...[text shortened]... al experiences except...ourselves. what we feel and believe in our hearts is real to us.
    I'm an atheist and I do not rule out the possibility of god existing either.
  5. At the Revolution
    Moves
    06 Apr '08 23:05
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    If you want some evidence, who do you think is responsible for all those time storms that the scientific community keeps covering up, hmm? Time storms are just one of God's manifestations.
    Uh huh. Really.

While I'm posting here, I quote Stephen Colbert on agnostics. Don't take this the wrong way if you're agnostic.

"Agnostics: atheists without balls."
  6. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    07 Apr '08 00:44
    Originally posted by scherzo
    Uh huh. Really.

While I'm posting here, I quote Stephen Colbert on agnostics. Don't take this the wrong way if you're agnostic.

"theists. agnostics w/o balls." 😕 jk.
  7. At the Revolution
    Moves
    08 Apr '08 00:53
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    So what you're saying is theists are atheists without balls without balls. (No, that's not a typo.)
  8. Joined
    27 Oct '07
    Moves
    10 Apr '08 17:32
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    i know i don't have any yet! i'm a kid in your world of spy-reality (spirituality.) i don't possess the understanding to make up my mind what i want to believe. 😕 i'm just beginning to understand what you mean
  9. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    10 Apr '08 18:22

I posted a utube video a few days ago which seemed to define agnosticism quite nicely.

Essentially, agnosticism was explained as an acceptance (or beleif) that we cannot have absolute knowledge. In which case, I am an atheist agnostic. I do not believe in the existence of God, Allah, Zeus, Krishna (or the tooth fairy or pixies at the bottom of the garden or the great cosmic teapot) but I accept that their non-existance can never be absolutely proven.

--- Penguin
  10. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    10 Apr '08 18:46
    Originally posted by scherzo
    So ... female atheists.

I guess the person you quoted is just stupid. (Oh I'm sure he's got a high IQ ...)
  11. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    10 Apr '08 21:51
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    So ... female atheists.
    Maybe castrated atheists as well?
  12. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    11 Apr '08 13:49
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    Maybe castrated atheists as well?
    How could I have overlooked that ... And piscine, avian, unicellular and other atheists unburdened with balls.

But I've realised that agnostics are just fair-weather skeptics.
  13. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    11 Apr '08 14:25
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    So ... female atheists.

I guess the person you quoted is just stupid. (Oh I'm sure he's got a high IQ ...)
    He seems quite intelligent to me, but he's also a comedian which might explain things a bit.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree