2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 Mar '12 19:52
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]Agree/Disagree?

"Truth by definition excludes." -Ravi Zacharias[/b]
    Just the same as falsehood excluding truth. Except there is probably more falsehood available than truth.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Mar '12 19:52
    [b]Agree/Disagree?

Agree.
  4. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    23 Mar '12 20:03
    [b]Agree/Disagree?

Why would he not say the same is true for falsehood?

After all, he says: “Every religion at its core is exclusive.”

and: “All religions are not the same. All religions do not point to God. All religions do not say that all religions are the same.”

Quotes by R. Zacharias in Jesus Among other Gods.

http://jrbrown1234.wordpress.com/2005/06/28/isaiah-chapters-25-27/

Thus, exclusion is not exclusive to truth. 😉
  5. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    23 Mar '12 20:241 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Just the same as falsehood excluding truth. Except there is probably more falsehood available than truth.
    Christians pay Atheist's medical bill.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/23/christians-pay-medical-bills-for-atheist-protestor_n_1375684.html?ref=good-news&icid=maing-grid7%7Cnetscape%7Cdl1%7Csec3_lnk2%26pLid%3D146136
  6. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    23 Mar '12 20:47
    Originally posted by jaywill
    Christians pay Atheist's medical bill.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/23/christians-pay-medical-bills-for-atheist-protestor_n_1375684.html?ref=good-news&icid=maing-grid7%7Cnetscape%7Cdl1%7Csec3_lnk2%26pLid%3D146136
    The article points to the following link that reads in part:
    Patrick Greene says he has always been “treated like dirt” by Christians because of his atheistic beliefs.

That recently changed, leaving Greene “completely flabbergasted.”

It happened when some Henderson County Christians offered Greene financial assistance with a medical problem despite his opposition to a nativity scene on the courthouse square.

Contrarily, what some Henderson County Christians did for him, Greene said, is such an amazing story that he is going to write a book about it. “I've already titled it ‘The REAL Christians of Henderson County,'” he said.

The reason for the title, Greene explained, is that based on what he has read about Jesus, he thinks the hatred that some Christians show toward anybody that doesn't agree with them is not what Jesus would have done because Jesus taught to love your enemy.

“It's good to actually deal with Christians that don't beat you over the head and say you are wrong, you are a sinner and going to hell and pray for you. They just accept you as a human being,” Greene said.

Greene claimed he and his wife have been discriminated against and mistreated by Christians because they are atheists all of the more than 33 years the couple has been married.

Evidently it took more than 33 years for Greene to come across Christians that didn't "[treat him and his wife] like dirt". No wonder he was "completely flabbergasted".
  7. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    23 Mar '12 21:031 edit
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    The article points to the following link that reads in part:
    [quote]Patrick Greene says he has always been “treated like dirt” by Christians because of his atheistic beliefs.

That recently changed, leaving Greene “completely flabbergasted.”

It happened when some Henderson County Christians offered Greene financial assistance with a medical problem n't "[treat him and his wife] like dirt". No wonder he was "completely flabbergasted".
    I also wonder what the motive those Christians had when doing this. Were they doing it to claim the moral high ground or they really did do it out of love?

It could be that they do not care about him and yet want to "look good" to everyone else. This did, after all, end up to their advantage as he dropped the case.

I am not saying that they weren't genuine, but sometimes we cannot always take this at face value. This isn't just specific to Christians, of course. It is human nature to be selfish, and very few people will selflessly be this generous. Especially to someone who isn't family or friend, and wasn't initially on their side.
  8. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    23 Mar '12 21:14
    [b]Agree/Disagree?

No.
  9. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    23 Mar '12 21:44
    Originally posted by lausey
    I also wonder what the motive those Christians had when doing this. Were they doing it to claim the moral high ground or they really did do it out of love?

It could be that they do not care about him and yet want to "look good" to everyone else. This did, after all, end up to their advantage as he dropped the case.

I am not saying that they weren't genu ...[text shortened]... ous. Especially to someone who isn't family or friend, and wasn't initially on their side.
    I neglected to include the link in my earlier post:
    http://www.tylerpaper.com/article/20120320/NEWS01/120329991

But the following is from the same source. You can decide on the motive yourself.
    Greene is the San Antonio atheist who threatened to sue in an attempt to force Henderson County officials to remove its nativity scene. Greene also filed a complaint with the state against the county judge for not removing a county commissioner for remarks supporting the nativity scene.

Greene dropped consideration of the lawsuit after being told by medical personnel he could at any time go blind in at least one eye from a detached retina. Greene decided he could not pursue a lawsuit blind.

“I knew of his lawsuit and threats and thought how sad it was for him to be so bitter toward Christians,” Jessica Crye, of Athens, said. “I thought he must have never felt the love of God through Christians. I also thought about how scary that must be.”

Upon hearing about Greene's plight with his eyes, Ms. Crye spearheaded a movement for a collection to send Greene.

Ms. Crye said she knows most people in Henderson County see the condition of his eyes as a “victory because he is leaving us alone.”

But Ms. Crye saw the situation differently.

“Why not turn this into something else? This is a great opportunity to turn the other cheek and show God's love,” she said.

Ms. Crye contacted her pastor, the Rev. Erick Graham, of Sand Springs Baptist Church, and the drive for a collection for Greene gained momentum.

It was announced to the Christian community of Henderson County, and donations came in not just from members of Sand Springs Church but from the community at large, Graham said.

“We didn't have to think about it or pray about (it). We saw the need,” Graham said. “We don't discriminate on who we help, whether they are Christians or non-Christians, church members or not. We just help those with a need.”

Ms. Crye said, “I want no publicity for this; I was just doing as God asked me to do. I had great parents that taught me very early about God's love and showed by example how to demonstrate that to others.”
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Mar '12 01:30
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    No.
    How so Boss? Are you not proving his point by saying he is wrong?
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    24 Mar '12 02:451 edit
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    No.
    Is that a "disagree"?

You guys got me real confused on this thread, thus far ...

edit: unless you, thinkofone, of course. You are a ray of sunshine on an otherwise cloudy day 😉
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    24 Mar '12 18:02
    Agree/Disagree?

A tree makes noise when it falls in the jungle even when no human beings are around to hear it.

gb
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Mar '12 18:25
    [b]Agree/Disagree?

A tree makes noise when it falls in the jungle even when no human beings are around to hear it.

gb[/b]
    Define "noise"
  14. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    24 Mar '12 21:28
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Is that a "disagree"?

You guys got me real confused on this thread, thus far ...

edit: unless you, thinkofone, of course. You are a ray of sunshine on an otherwise cloudy day 😉
    I don't agree or disagree: I disregard it.
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    24 Mar '12 21:411 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Define "noise"
    Sound or deafening noises of any kind... especially of a loud, harsh, or confused kind.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree