1. Joined
    28 Aug '05
    Moves
    25 Jan '07 21:09
    Much like Nietzsche's statement that 'god is dead', Marx's statement that 'All that is solid melts into air' was stating the demise of religion due to modernity. Now if the god of modernity is dead is there now a post-modern god?
  2. Joined
    20 Jan '07
    Moves
    25 Jan '07 21:10
    Originally posted by Vladamir no1
    Much like Nietzsche's statement that 'god is dead', Marx's statement that 'All that is solid melts into air' was stating the demise of religion due to modernity. Now if the god of modernity is dead is there now a post-modern god?
    God's dead for good.
  3. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    25 Jan '07 21:13
    Originally posted by GinoJ
    God's dead for good.
    As long as you think so, you can be god of your own little universe. Isn't that cool? Imagine the chaos...

Well, we see it around us already...
  4. Joined
    20 Jan '07
    Moves
    25 Jan '07 21:27
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    As long as you think so, you can be god of your own little universe. Isn't that cool? Imagine the chaos...

Well, we see it around us already...
    without order nothing exists, without chaos nothing evolves, now get on your knees so I can stick this gun in your mouth.

😛
  5. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    25 Jan '07 21:30
    without order nothing exists, without chaos nothing evolves, now get on your knees so I can stick this gun in your mouth.

😛
    So the more chaos you create the faster we can evovle, right?

I start to see the reasoning behind all the crime, murder, and choas in the world! 😛
  6. Joined
    20 Jan '07
    Moves
    25 Jan '07 21:33
    So the more chaos you create the faster we can evovle, right?

I start to see the reasoning behind all the crime, murder, and choas in the world! 😛
    Right. All the fanatic christians go kill the innocent civilians in Muslim countries.

That's not murder or crime or terrorism.

😴
  7. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    25 Jan '07 21:551 edit
    Right. All the fanatic christians go kill the innocent civilians in Muslim countries.

😴
    So they are Christians because they say they are Christians?
  8. Joined
    20 Jan '07
    Moves
    25 Jan '07 22:03
    So they are christians because they say they are?
    🙄
  9. Joined
    02 Apr '06
    Moves
    25 Jan '07 22:05
    So they are christians because they say they are?
    can I ask, did you read this after you posted it and thought it made sense?
  10. Standard memberAcemaster
    Checkmate 2 U!
    Checkmating you!
    Moves
    26 Jan '07 08:31

😴
    You better figure out which religion blows up buses with the other religion riding it before you say things like that, Gino.
  11. Standard memberAcemaster
    Checkmate 2 U!
    Checkmating you!
    Moves
    26 Jan '07 08:33
    So they are Christians because they say they are Christians?
    We are Christians because we believe in God and Jesus, that Jesus died for our sins and rose again, and because we asked him to save us.Refer to what snowininscotland posted.
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    26 Jan '07 08:45
    Originally posted by Acemaster
    You better figure out which religion blows up buses with the other religion riding it before you say things like that, Gino.
    A variety of people belonging to various religions (or claiming to) have been guilty of that crime (blowing up buses containing members of another religion) including people claiming to be Christian.

What always amazes me is the way the news reports groups a Islamist but never identifies the opposing side a Christian. eg "The Islamist rebels ..."
    Or the "Islamist government ..." but never "The Christian Rebels ..." or "Christian government ..." Its merely "Government forces ..."
    Only rarely is there a "Christian minority .."
  13. Joined
    20 Jan '07
    Moves
    26 Jan '07 08:501 edit
    Originally posted by Acemaster
    We are Christians because we believe in God and Jesus, that Jesus died for our sins and rose again, and because we asked him to save us.Refer to what snowininscotland posted.
    I don't understand Christianity. It sounds like a very fictional belief.

edit: god, father and spirit is all made up by man.
  14. Standard memberAcemaster
    Checkmate 2 U!
    Checkmating you!
    Moves
    26 Jan '07 10:031 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    A variety of people belonging to various religions (or claiming to) have been guilty of that crime (blowing up buses containing members of another religion) including people claiming to be Christian.

What always amazes me is the way the news reports groups a Islamist but never identifies the opposing side a Christian. eg "The Islamist rebels ..."
    Or " Its merely "Government forces ..."
    Only rarely is there a "Christian minority .."
    A way to tell if somebody who blew up a bus was a Christian: if they blew it up, they aren't! Did you ever think that the reason you rarely here about is because it rarely happens? I'd bet your life on it that if it ever happend, it would be on the news. The news is against Christianity, you know.
  15. Standard memberAcemaster
    Checkmate 2 U!
    Checkmating you!
    Moves
    26 Jan '07 10:07
    I don't understand Christianity. It sounds like a very fictional belief.

edit: god, father and spirit is all made up by man.
    What do you believe in, Gino?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree