1. Cape Town
    Moves
    26 Jan '07 12:10
    Originally posted by Acemaster
    A way to tell if somebody who blew up a bus was a Christian: if they blew it up, they aren't! Did you ever think that the reason you rarely here about is because it rarely happens? I'd bet your life on it that if it ever happend, it would be on the news. The news is against Christianity, you know.
    So US soldiers are all atheist? Interesting! What about the members of the government that gives the orders ? And what about the voters?
  2. Standard memberAcemaster
    Checkmate 2 U!
    Checkmating you!
    Moves
    27 Jan '07 08:19
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    So US soldiers are all atheist? Interesting! What about the members of the government that gives the orders ? And what about the voters?
    Sorry! I didn't make myself clear. Someone who gets on a bus to intentionally blow up innocent people isn't a Christian, and I never said athiest. If you think our troops do that, you're a sick person.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    28 Jan '07 23:27
    Originally posted by Acemaster
    A way to tell if somebody who blew up a bus was a Christian: if they blew it up, they aren't! Did you ever think that the reason you rarely here about is because it rarely happens? I'd bet your life on it that if it ever happend, it would be on the news. The news is against Christianity, you know.
    Tell that to the dead people on the busses in Northern Ireland.
  4. Standard memberClimacus
    Anti-Climacus
    Moves
    28 Jan '07 23:48
    Originally posted by Vladamir no1
    Much like Nietzsche's statement that 'god is dead', Marx's statement that 'All that is solid melts into air' was stating the demise of religion due to modernity. Now if the god of modernity is dead is there now a post-modern god?
    Very nice quote from Marx, Vlad (from Manifesto, I suppose?) It depicts the rise of capitalism and the end of harmonic, static social structure of feodalism.

The question is hard to answer because 'modernity' and 'post-modernity' are difficult concepts. But, as everyone can notice for example by reading the debate on this thread, God seems to live on in the social imagination. It is no wonder because He is useful to the good old Capitalism. Put these gyus together and you can justify all kinds of acts to gain profit. Post-modern god: ideology?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree