1. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    10 Mar '12 18:03
    Sometimes when I think about all the planets, and suns, and all the other stuff out there in an infinite universe it makes me wonder what is all this stuff ? God or no God what is all this massive amount of stuff about ? I've seen diagrams of the way our local universe is laid out, and it somewhat looks like DNA structure . Could it be we are like cells in the body making up the whole of the body ?Maybe we are the universe, and that is the grand illusion There is no seperation from the whole .
  2. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    10 Mar '12 18:14
    Originally posted by buckky
    Sometimes when I think about all the planets, and suns, and all the other stuff out there in an infinite universe it makes me wonder what is all this stuff ? God or no God what is all this massive amount of stuff about ? I've seen diagrams of the way our local universe is laid out, and it somewhat looks like DNA structure . Could it be we are like cells in th ...[text shortened]... be we are the universe, and that is the grand illusion There is no seperation from the whole .
    It is indeed a bit of a mystery. What is it that "has" properties? We can divest something of a property, like color, and there is still something there. What is there after we divest it of all its properties?

http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/substance/

Maybe if we strip all the properties away from something, there is nothing left. Maybe it's God, chuckling.
  3. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    10 Mar '12 19:47
    Originally posted by JS357
    It is indeed a bit of a mystery. What is it that "has" properties? We can divest something of a property, like color, and there is still something there. What is there after we divest it of all its properties?

Maybe if we strip all the properties away from something, there is nothing left. Maybe it's God, chuckling.
    Maybe.
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    11 Mar '12 04:44
    Sometimes when I think about all the planets, and suns, and all the other stuff out there in an infinite universe it makes me wonder what is all this stuff ? God or no God what is all this massive amount of stuff about ? I've seen diagrams of the way our local universe is laid out, and it somewhat looks like DNA structure . Could it be we are like cells in th ...[text shortened]... be we are the universe, and that is the grand illusion There is no seperation from the whole .
    Its a (re)introduction to Ourselves. A reminder for anyone who dares open their eyes and take a walk at night, who will not bow down ,not submit to the appeal of materialism but rather hook up with that ellusive "something" that is definately there all the time, but which we cannot lay a finger on ..
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Mar '12 04:511 edit
    I would tell ya but then I would have to splain it to ya.

No thanks!! 😠😛
  6. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    11 Mar '12 11:58
    Originally posted by JS357

I am posting after a long break due to enormous work and domestic pressures. My own thread of "Our View of Death " lies untended by me. It is gone stale now. But I could not resist replying you. Yes, indeed, behind the Manifest Reality which is our extremely dynamic and to that extent unreal world, lies the Unmanifest Reality.The Unmanifest Reality is called by many names and God is one of the many names. This is the standard belief and philosophy of Hinduism.
  7. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    11 Mar '12 12:10
    I know what you mean but I fear we are much much smaller than a cell.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree