1. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    09 Sep '12 01:44
    Originally posted by FMF
    Yes, take the word abstain for what it says - don't eat or drink blood. In what year did the WTBS start adding "blood transfusions" to the biblical prohibition of consuming blood? In the 1870s?
    FMF it was 1944 when they started this non-sense

Manny
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    09 Sep '12 03:28
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    child comes into the ER, he has been in an accident. lost X% of his blood. what safer course of action would you recommend? he will die without blood in 10 minutes.
    If youd actually READ any of those links, you have the answer.
  3. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    09 Sep '12 05:38
    Originally posted by galveston75
    So far medically there is no substitution for blood or it's parts......So you really have no clue except spouting and believing in the mindless drivel from the Watchtower which has no basis in reality or with the bible and it's true intent .

Manny
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Sep '12 06:223 edits
    Right, so a parent is frantic over her child's life; the child is bleeding to death the doctor says "the child needs a transfussion now or it will die" and you expect....what?? You expect that parent to say "err no thank you doctor is there an alternative?" Is this what you would do? Suppose the "alternatives" were not available to YOUR child at that moment - would you say "no let him die"?

You lot are absolutely barking mad. Actually you are not, you are trapped in a horrible cult and I feel desperately sorry for you to be honest.
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    09 Sep '12 07:18
    Originally posted by divegeester
    You lot are absolutely barking mad. Actually you are not, you are trapped in a horrible cult and I feel desperately sorry for you to be honest.
    Just as a matter or interest. If you had a choice between letting your child die and doing something you believe (as part of your religion) is totally against Gods will, what would you do?
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Sep '12 07:56
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Just as a matter or interest. If you had a choice between letting your child die and doing something you believe (as part of your religion) is totally against Gods will, what would you do?
    I would go against what my religion taught as God's will without a moments hesitation.
  7. Wat?
    Moves
    09 Sep '12 08:03
    I wonder if Galvanisation would give his own blood to save his child's life?

If he wouldn't, then he should not be a parent.

'Selfish, unto the end, I say.' But maybe he likes to hide in a world of child sexual molestation, as that is ok in his JW world, for the children should "forgive" the sinners, sorry - their brethren, aunts, uncles, grandparents, and even their own parents' ...

Do you get off, on her, Galvanisation? Your bible, I mean.

-m.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Sep '12 08:14
    Originally posted by mikelom
    I wonder if Galvanisation would give his own blood to save his child's life?

If he wouldn't, then he should not be a parent.

'Selfish, unto the end, I say.' But maybe he likes to hide in a world of child sexual molestation, as that is ok in his JW world, for the children should "forgive" the sinners, sorry - their brethren, aunts, uncles, grandparents ...[text shortened]... ir own parents' ...

Do you get off, on her, Galvanisation? Your bible, I mean.

-m.
    I have asked this question in this forum before; be prepared for a long-winded convoluted answer [if at all] spanning several pages and containing more avoidance than a celebrity's tax return.
  9. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    09 Sep '12 11:06
    Protect your family....

http://en.az24.info/blood-transfusions-alternatives-treatments.html

http://www.noblood.org/

ttp://www.noblood.org/ask-professional/4273-anemia-blood-transfusion-alternatives/

http://www.cancer.org/Treatment/TreatmentsandSideEffects/TreatmentTypes/BloodProductDonationandTransfusion/blood-product-donation-and-transfusi ...[text shortened]... /www.testigosdejehova.org/e/19990308/article_01.htm

http://www.medscape.com/index/list_3264_0
    is it true that that j.w's used to also preach that the use of vaccinations were against gods will, but then changed their minds 30yrs later when the overwhelming evidence showed how good vaccinations were?
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    09 Sep '12 13:03
    I would go against what my religion taught as God's will without a moments hesitation.
    So you don't really believe what you claim to believe? Or you are simply not logical when it comes to your children? Or something else?
    I just noticed that you didn't say you would go against what you believed, you said you would go against what your religion teaches. That is subtly different from what I actually asked.
    Note that Abraham was given an even harder choice, yet chose the opposite to you.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Sep '12 13:441 edit
    So you don't really believe what you claim to believe? Or you are simply not logical when it comes to your children? Or something else?
    I just noticed that you didn't say you would go against what you believed, you said you would go against what your religion teaches. That is subtly different from what I actually asked.
    Note that Abraham was given an even harder choice, yet chose the opposite to you.
    It's a fair question.

I would go against anything religious I believed or otherwise believed, deny God existed, claim to be an atheist, dress up in a tutu and pretend to be gay if I knew it would save the life of someone I loved.
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    09 Sep '12 13:53
    How's that for you?
    An honest answer.
    But I don't understand it. Why do you place such a high value on the lives of your loved ones? Do you not believe in life after death? Is your belief in God only partial? Or is it just your emotional response that overrides the logic of the situation? (ie you will save their lives even if it doesn't make sense).
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Sep '12 13:592 edits
    An honest answer.
    But I don't understand it. Why do you place such a high value on the lives of your loved ones? Do you not believe in life after death? Is your belief in God only partial? Or is it just your emotional response that overrides the logic of the situation? (ie you will save their lives even if it doesn't make sense).
    I modified my post as is sound petulant and it wasn't meant to be.

It's simple; I don't know for absolute sure that God exists and nor does anyone else, but I have a measure of faith(that's what faith is for actually filling in the lack of absolute knowledge).

That measure of faith does not extend to allowing a loved one died for some as irrational as a doctrine about blood or even the denial of the God I have that faith in.

Even if I did know absolutely that God existed as described in my faith I'd still not let them die if I could prevent it. Why should someone die because a god exists.
  14. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    09 Sep '12 14:14
    it is a defining feature of this forum, that reasoning adults are required to debate scientific facts as if they are open to debate, simply because fundamentalist nutjobs like yourself are unable to believe anything other than what their dogma dictates.

we debate noah's flood, a young earth, evolution, genetics, even though it is proven beyond any reasonable doubt that noah's flood didn't happen, a young earth is impossible, evolution is an established scientific fact and so on. there can be no debate, you either understand evolution or you don't, there is no believing it. you either understand geology, physics, chemistry, genetics, etc, or you don't, and anyone of your watchtower "scientists" are from the latter category.

now you dare come and claim blood transfusions, a medical practice that saves countless lives, is useless? that we should all abandon it based on an idiotic religious belief, that is not even god's will, from a book all Christians have ceased to follow it and the jewish simply ignore it? how insane are you, on a scale of 1 to religious nutjob?
  15. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    09 Sep '12 14:19
    it is pointless to ask him that, because in your hypothesis, he is barking mad. the more important question is directed at the authorities and goes a little like "how long until the social services come and take away the child from an unfit parent". assuming the child recovers from his life saving medical procedures which the doctor should be allowed and required to perform despite the nutjob parent's wishes

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree