1. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    08 Sep '17 19:48
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    No.

I have a coin in my pocket with a depiction of George Washington's head on it. Is the coin George Washington?
    I don't think he thought it through.
  2. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    08 Sep '17 20:49
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    No.

I have a coin in my pocket with a depiction of George Washington's head on it. Is the coin George Washington?
    Suz,

Is the coin in your pocket made of flesh and blood? Of course it isn't, man is!

-VR
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    08 Sep '17 21:23
    Originally posted by @very-rusty
    Suz,

-VR
    Is God made of flesh and blood?
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    08 Sep '17 21:58
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Is God made of flesh and blood?
    Jesus who died on the cross for us because of our sins was flesh and blood. Now we have God the Father, God the son (Jesus) and the Holy spirit who is our comforter, they are all 3 in 1, which is called the trinity.
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    08 Sep '17 23:10
    Jesus who died on the cross for us because of our sins was flesh and blood. Now we have God the Father, God the son (Jesus) and the Holy spirit who is our comforter, they are all 3 in 1, which is called the trinity.
    Yes Jesus took on the form of man but did God the Father or did the Holy Ghost?
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    08 Sep '17 23:101 edit
    I am Roman Catholic, even was an alter boy at one time. So now you know what I mean by God.

The priest was unable to answer questions I had, doubt anyone here could.

-VR
    I couldn't if you believe in a Catholic god. Specially if you think we are created in gods image.
    More like we created him in our image.
    Much of Christian thought is anthropomorphized.

If god were all powerful then it could appear anyway it wanted. Thats just one of many Pnandora box gifts that we find in the bible.
    I mean there is only us and a god because we believe it so. More importantly though, and going to the heart of your original question, it's the SEPARATION we believe in on a daily basis that indeed keeps us separate from any Divine knowledge.
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 14:47
    Yes Jesus took on the form of man but did God the Father or did the Holy Ghost?
    Jesus took on the form of man was the son of God if you believe that. What I am saying is God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit are as one, which is called the trinity. When Roman Catholics bless them selves it is in the name of the Father, the Son, & the Holy spirit.
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 15:14
    Jesus took on the form of man was the son of God if you believe that. What I am saying is God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit are as one, which is called the trinity. When Roman Catholics bless them selves it is in the name of the Father, the Son, & the Holy spirit.
    I am asking you if God is in his original state flesh and blood?

Has God the Father or Holy Ghost ever taken human form?

By the way , I believe in the Trinity and have for my entire life. Catholics are not the only ones that believe in the Trinity.

So no need to try to explain the concept to me.
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 15:52
    I am asking you if God is in his original state flesh and blood?

Has God the Father or Holy Ghost ever taken human form?

By the way , I believe in the Trinity and have for my entire life. Catholics are not the only ones that believe in the Trinity.

So no need to try to explain the concept to me.
    The Christian doctrine of the Trinity (Latin: Trinitas, lit. 'triad', from trinus, "threefold"😉 holds that God is three consubstantial persons or hypostases—the Father, the Son (Jesus Christ), and the Holy Spirit—as "one God in three Divine Persons".

So, in other words they are all of one if the aforementioned statement be true.

Therefore if you believe in the trinity you would believe they are all as one.
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    09 Sep '17 15:55
    The Christian doctrine of the Trinity (Latin: Trinitas, lit. 'triad', from trinus, "threefold"😉 holds that God is three consubstantial persons or hypostases—the Father, the Son (Jesus Christ), and the Holy Spirit—as "one God in three Divine Persons".

So, in other words they are all of one if the aforementioned statement be true.

Therefore if you believe in the trinity you would believe they are all as one.
    Sure, but was their original state in physical bodies as our spirits are encased?
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Sep '17 09:551 edit
    Suz,

-VR
    But we are made in the image of God.

An image is an optical or mental representation. An image is not the original item.

My point was that, no, the coin is not George Washington. The coin is an image of George Washington, but is not the original item, George Washington. It matters not what the image is made out of, it is still not the original item.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree