1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Aug '16 21:58
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    If your beliefs cannot withstand honest criticism, then you need to reexamine your beliefs.

[b]And I am positive that Taoman was disillusioned by the lack of open-mindedness in this forum.

By open-mindedness, do you mean a refusal to accept as true any old nonsense that someone comes up with? If not, what do you mean by it and why do you feel it i ...[text shortened]... ou believe that you existed before birth - or something along those lines, it is not very clear.[/b]
    My op was unclear in that it puts you up against a brick wall of uncertainty.
    I don't think any worldly or temporal logic would assist you here.

You may want to call this a cop out, I would say that I am simply unable to explain other than to say that in my own contemplation, over many years, this is what I came to believe about the nature of eternity.

Also I'm not a fan of the term "afterlife" because of the futuristic conotations.
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    03 Aug '16 21:59
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    'Eternal' is without end, not 'without beginning.'
    You mean "goes on forever", and not "always existed"?
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    04 Aug '16 07:10
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    You mean "goes on forever", and not "always existed"?
    Indeed.
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    04 Aug '16 21:16
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Indeed.
    Well it is not clear .
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    05 Aug '16 07:25
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Well it is not clear .
    You stated, 'the only sense I can understand 'eternal ' is having 'always existed'.

I provided an alternative understanding of 'eternal' that simply means something doesn't have an end. I agree 'it is not clear' but that sentiment did not come across in your above statement.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree