1. Joined
    14 May '03
    Moves
    08 Oct '10 11:241 edit
    Dear Vistesd,

Context:
    You may have noticed the recent steep decline in the standard of threads being posted in the spirituality by a couple of whack jobs that have started posting since Sept 2010 - along with the few resident fundys this has caused a tremor in the force and has been causing great frustration and grief to what is usually a good place for a read/ laugh and occasionally to learn something.

Now your posts l personally find extremely interesting both in content and in delivery. And feel that if you could find it in your heart to colloborate to a small degree with some of these nutters (vishy / taco you could really really could do with the help) and assist them in learning to post in some sort of coherent manner ,l will pay for a subscription for you - we can discuss the length of time the tuition would go on for (l am sure any longer than a week and you would go insane!)
    Let me know if you are keen.

If vistesd is not interested l will open it up to others - note: must show history of quality posts with decorum.

Thanks,
    Nook7
  2. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    08 Oct '10 12:51
    Originally posted by nook7
    Dear Vistesd,

Context:
    You may have noticed the recent steep decline in the standard of threads being posted in the spirituality by a couple of whack jobs that have started posting since Sept 2010 - along with the few resident fundys this has caused a tremor in the force and has been causing great frustration and grief to what is usually a good place for a ...[text shortened]... open it up to others - note: must show history of quality posts with decorum.

Thanks,
    Nook7
    I'd take you up on it, but I lack the requisite quality or decorum.

I've got the history of posts covered, however.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    08 Oct '10 13:04
    Dear Vistesd,

Context:
    You may have noticed the recent steep decline in the standard of threads being posted in the spirituality by a couple of whack jobs that have started posting since Sept 2010 - along with the few resident fundys this has caused a tremor in the force and has been causing great frustration and grief to what is usually a good place for a ...[text shortened]... open it up to others - note: must show history of quality posts with decorum.

Thanks,
    Nook7
    I've noticed Vistesd has wondered over to the debate forum of late. I can't say I blame him. In fact, that is where I spend most of my time as well. :'(
  4. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    08 Oct '10 15:221 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    I've noticed Vistesd has wondered over to the debate forum of late. I can't say I blame him. In fact, that is where I spend most of my time as well. :'(
    The debate forum should be renamed - American Politics. If you have no interest in that topic, it's not really worth it.
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    08 Oct '10 15:28
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    The debate forum should be renamed - American Politics. If you have no interest in that topic, it's not reallly worth it.
    I frequent the Debate Forum less and less. But the quabble about american politics teaches me a lot of American democracy, so I follow some debates.
  6. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    08 Oct '10 18:01
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    The debate forum should be renamed - American Politics. If you have no interest in that topic, it's not really worth it.
    It does seem to be rather heavily canted that way doesn't it?
  7. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    08 Oct '10 19:13
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    It does seem to be rather heavily canted that way doesn't it?
    USA!USA!USA!USA!
  8. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    08 Oct '10 20:11
    Dear Vistesd,

Context:

Thanks,
    Nook7
    Been a few days since Taco posted anything and he's still playing chess, so I'm thinking he may be done.

As for Vishva, he's really not that much worse than some of the fundamentalist Christians that post here, though I suspect that in his case, he's just messing with people.
  9. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    08 Oct '10 20:16
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Been a few days since Taco posted anything and he's still playing chess, so I'm thinking he may be done.

As for Vishva, he's really not that much worse than some of the fundamentalist Christians that post here, though I suspect that in his case, he's just messing with people.
    Actually, I think that Vishva is precisely what he seems to be. I don't think he is playing with us. He shows us his right face.
  10. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    08 Oct '10 20:322 edits
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Actually, I think that Vishva is precisely what he seems to be. I don't think he is playing with us. He shows us his right face.
    Yeah, maybe. I'm on the fence with that. Though with the others, who at times are just as absurd, I more often get the sense that they are sincerely trying to have a rational discussion.
  11. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    08 Oct '10 20:45
    Originally posted by duecer
    USA!USA!USA!USA!
    Blimey, it doesn't take much to get you going!
  12. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    08 Oct '10 22:51
    Dear Vistesd,

Context:

Thanks,
    Nook7
    You want Vistesd and not Jesus? ๐Ÿ˜‰

I don't think Vistesd will post here now. Unless he's in need of some ego boost.

Why do you folks always have to be judging others?

This is a spirituality forum. One would think one would find the highest form of expression of respect for others here.

Go figure!
  13. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    08 Oct '10 22:54
    Originally posted by josephw

I don't think Vistesd will post here now. Unless he's in need of some ego boost.

This is a spirituality forum. One would think one would find the highest form of expression of respect for others here.

Go figure!
    lol. You should put in the [sarcasm] tags for those who aren't familiar with your posts.
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    08 Oct '10 23:041 edit
    Originally posted by josephw

Go figure!
    I think vistesd may at least decline.

I've found myself agreeing with all the comments here.

I'm not sure what to think myself. Vishy is a neutral in my book and so, by default, I have to give him the benefit of the doubt. Yet he he has treated some other posters rather shabbily.
    Taco is taco and has quickily started posting less after being asked to. I dont think Taco should be included here at all.

Will this peter out, or explode in drama? hehehehehe๐Ÿ™‚
  15. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    09 Oct '10 04:16
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne

You're one to talk about fundamentalism.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree