1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Jul '17 01:12
    Originally posted by @chaney3
    Be afraid, thought crime fighter.

Dumb.
    I hereby consider myself to be thoroughly terrorised by your awesomeness.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Jul '17 01:15
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    I hereby consider myself to be thoroughly terrorised by your awesomeness.
    I am right.

The Bible was taken from previous cultures.

We don't know God.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Jul '17 01:23
    I am right.

The Bible was taken from previous cultures.

We don't know God.
    Good luck with the thread, I hope it will attract some commentary which equals your own profound postulations.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Jul '17 01:24
    Good luck with the thread, I hope it will attract some commentary which equals your own profound postulations.
    I don't like you dive.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Jul '17 01:33
    I don't like you dive.
    I think you must be mistaking me for someone who cares.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Jul '17 01:38
    I think you must be mistaking me for someone who cares.
    Your Christian claims are suspect.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Jul '17 01:41

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

8. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    22 Jul '17 04:29
    Actually, it has been proven.

Your post is void.
    By whom and what was there reason and belief for doing so?
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Jul '17 04:39
    Originally posted by @rbhill
    By whom and what was there reason and belief for doing so?
    It is common knowledge my friend.
  10. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    22 Jul '17 05:36
    It is common knowledge my friend.
    Lol, not a good answer to persuade any one.
  11. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    22 Jul '17 07:25
    I don't like you.

And I would kick your ass if given the chance.
    I think you would require more than a chance sir. (You know, being such a big girl's blouse and all that).
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Jul '17 08:161 edit
    It appears that all of the Bible has been taken from accounts of previous cultures.

Why should anyone believe that the Bible is true at all?

It matters.

Who else said He and His Father would come to His lovers and make an abode with them?

Who else said unless unless you eat His flesh and drink His blood you have no life in you?

Don't answer by telling me Zeus threw lightning bolts.
    Where can I see someone saying the same thing as these examples of Christ's words.

" Jesus answered and said to him, If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word, and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make an abode with him." (John 14:23)

"Jesus therefore said to them, Truly, truly, I say to you, Unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you do not have life within yourselves.

He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up in the last day. For My flesh is true food, and My blood is true drink." (John 6:53-55)

Who else spoke like this?
    Don't tell me that Thor had a big hammer or Mercury had wings on his feet.

I want to know who said we eat him and have eternal life and he will raise us up at the last day ?
  13. Joined
    28 Aug '16
    Moves
    22 Jul '17 08:50
    Originally posted by @sonship
    It appears that all of the Bible has been taken from accounts of previous cultures.

It matters.

Who else said He and His Father would come to His lovers and make an abode with them?

Who else said unless unless you eat His flesh and drink His blood you have no life in yo ...[text shortened]... want to know who said we eat him and have eternal life and he will raise us up at the last day ?
    I want to know who said we eat him and have eternal life and he will raise us up at the last day ?

Jesus said this as recorded in John...

John 6:53-55 New King James Version (NKJV)

53 Then Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in you. 54 Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. 55 For My flesh is food indeed,[a] and My blood is drink indeed.

Did you miss it?
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Jul '17 10:321 edit
    Originally posted by @leunammi

Jesus said this as recorded in John...

John 6:53-55 New King James Version (NKJV)

53 Then Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in you. ...[text shortened]... st day.
    55 For My flesh is food indeed,[a] and My blood is drink indeed.

Did you miss it?[/b]
    I left out a clarifying word "ELSE".

I want to know who [else] said we eat him and have eternal life and he will raise us up at the last day ?

Thankyou.
  15. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    22 Jul '17 19:21

It matters.
    There is very little which is original in the NT. Nearly every episode and tenet has an analog in the ancient literature of the Mediterranean or North Africa or India. A god who is incarnated in human form, betrayed, killed, resuscitated. People being raised from the dead. A good god and an evil god who duel for humanity, the good god eventually winning in the end. This world as a corrupted parallel of a more perfect world after death. Chastity as a perfected form of spirituality to reach the perfect world after death. Virgin births. etc. etc.

In ancient India, the myth of Bodhisattva envisions a saviour archetype not unlike Jesus: that is, an enlightened one who vows to stay in the incarnated state (although he could advance to nirvana any time he wished to) and to work for the enlightenment (or "salvation" if you prefer that terminology) of all sentient beings; he bears intolerable suffering through untold aeons, sacrifices his ascent to nirvana, and himself ascends only at the very last, when every other sentient being has ascended.

The elements are all there in pagan religions (Zoroastrianism, Gnosticism, Osiris mythology, etc.). Just read.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree