1. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    09 Sep '09 20:11
    Originally posted by daniel58
    http://www.cbn.com/spirituallife/churchandministry/evangelism/Rodgers_Wars.aspx
    You really don't have anything to write for yourself?
    You are just reducing yourself to a simple link-thrower?
  2. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    09 Sep '09 20:19
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    You really don't have anything to write for yourself?
    You are just reducing yourself to a simple link-thrower?
    Is that all you have to say? No stupid argument? No blasphemy? No rude answers? I rest my case.
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    09 Sep '09 20:21
    Originally posted by daniel58
    Is that all you have to say? No stupid argument? No blasphemy? No rude answers? I rest my case.
    Okay. I'm glad I tought you some good stuff.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Sep '09 02:48
    Originally posted by hakima
    [b]I would sincerely be interested in your reference to Mohammad's commentary regarding the death and resurrection of Jesus.
    http://aaiil.org/text/articles/others/miscncptncleared.shtml

Here is a quote from the Quran.

"Surely we have killed the Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary, the apostle of Allah, and they did not kill him, nor did they crucify him, but the matter was made dubious to them, and most surely those who differ therein are only in a doubt about it; they have no knowledge respecting it, but only follow a conjecture, and they know it not for sure. Nay, allah exalted him in his presence and allah is mighty, wise (4:157)

In the article it states, "As Muslims, our orientation on truth must rest with the Holy Quran and Hadith. Our salvation is attained through our individual responsibility of the fulfilment of the covenant with allah as his vicegerent."

All I can say is, well said!!
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Sep '09 03:03
    [b]I never read anything reporting Mohammad declaring the Bible to be corrupted...especially since in it's current form, the Bible was not even in existence at the time of Mohammad...
    http://www.answering-christianity.com/que9.htm

"We Muslims believe that allah almighty did send the torah to the jews, but they then corrupted this holy message."

They then give a quote from the quran, "Allah certanly gave the book to Moses, but differences arose therein; had it not been that a word had gone forth before them from my Lord, the matter would have been decided between them, but they are in suspicious doubt concerning it."

So there you have it, had it not been for the word going to Mohammad, the corruptions would never have been made manifest according to Muslims.
  6. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    10 Sep '09 03:13
    Originally posted by whodey
    http://www.answering-christianity.com/que9.htm

"We Muslims believe that allah almighty did send the torah to the jews, but they then corrupted this holy message."

They then give a quote from the quran, "Allah certanly gave the book to Moses, but differences arose therein; had it not been that a word had gone forth before them from my Lord, the matter wo ...[text shortened]... going to Mohammad, the corruptions would never have been made manifest according to Muslims.
    I think the question and point has been raised...and is the essence of this entire thread...

Who are the representatives of the general Muslim populace? And which interpretations of Qu'ran are representative of Islam?
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Sep '09 03:20
    Have you read the Book of Mormon? It is not a rewrite of the Bible as some assume.[/b]
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Mormon

According to the article, the purpose of the book of Mormon was to show the remnant of Israel what great things the Lord had done for their fathers. In effect, the Mormons embraced "newer books of enlightenement", much like the New Testament is to the Old Testament, only, the New Testament is based upon the teachings and life of the Messiah who was proclaimed to have come in the Old Testatment. As for Joseph Smith, I see no mention of him in prophesy to give him credentials enough to create a whole new theology and religion.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Sep '09 03:24
    I think the question and point has been raised...and is the essence of this entire thread...

Who are the representatives of the general Muslim populace? And which interpretations of Qu'ran are representative of Islam?
    Who are the representatives of Islam? I suppose those who claim to be Islamic. As for who is representative of the general Muslim populace, I suppose it is those who speak for the greater numbers of the populace.

As far as what interpretation the populace embraces, I suppose it comes down to what the religions leaders tell them is the interpretation or what interpretation they come up with themselves.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Sep '09 03:25
    Now...to understand what that means on a personal level, a discussion regarding the definition of the term "Christ" might be in order....

...but that question has not been asked yet.[/b]
    I thought I just asked you this question. Who is he to you?
  10. Subscriberhakima
    Illumination
    The Razor's Edge
    Moves
    10 Sep '09 13:101 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    I thought I just asked you this question. Who is he to you?
    You asked me who I perceived Jesus to be...not Christ....

One is the represents the name of a man...the other a descriptor of the mission of an individual...

I believe them to be one in the same, but I don't think that one is exclusive to the other.
  11. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    10 Sep '09 13:20
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8247472.stm
    Again those bloody Muslim fanatics. Oh, wait...
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Sep '09 13:24
    Originally posted by Palynka
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8247472.stm
    Again those bloody Muslim fanatics. Oh, wait...
    he must be the happiest man in custody i ever seen!
  13. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    10 Sep '09 13:32
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    he must be the happiest man in custody i ever seen!
    LOL! That truth serum the anti-terrorism brigade gave him might not be all bad! 😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree