Another 3 Islamic maniacs locked up

Another 3 Islamic maniacs locked up

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P

Moves
08 Sep 09

Originally posted by whodey
So the question begs as to why it seems only Islam has religious leaders like this.
I don't think they are the only religion that has leaders like this. I've heard christian preachers in the US preach some pretty terrible things including having all homosexuals killed - they just don't really get the headlines.

I think it's partly that in some of the countries where these leaders are there just isn't any significant push-back against them. That doesn't mean that everyone agrees -but these people could have enough power that if you do speak against them in that country you could be in trouble.

There are a whole host of reasons.

P

Moves
08 Sep 09

Originally posted by whodey
And what form should it take if you are a follower of Islam? Are they not to follow his example?
Once again, it's in the interpretation of the religion. There are those who interpret the koran in peaceful and violent ways.

w

Moves
08 Sep 09

Originally posted by PsychoPawn
Once again, it's in the interpretation of the religion. There are those who interpret the koran in peaceful and violent ways.
I would say it is the interpretation of Mohammad. Mohammad is their religion, or do you disagree?

w

Moves
08 Sep 09

Originally posted by PsychoPawn
I don't think they are the only religion that has leaders like this. I've heard christian preachers in the US preach some pretty terrible things including having all homosexuals killed - they just don't really get the headlines.

I think it's partly that in some of the countries where these leaders are there just isn't any significant push-back against ...[text shortened]... ainst them in that country you could be in trouble.

There are a whole host of reasons.
I have heard of people like this so I am inclined to think they DO get the headlines. I think the major difference is that large numbers don't exist nor are their organized groups out their with the mission of killing them off. Of course, there have been "killings" in the past, but for the most part random and few and far between at best. Of course, as the body count rises so must the inquiry as to why. In addition, I feel it is the responsibility of every "shepherd"/pastor to talk about these things and condemn them.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
08 Sep 09

The young man I work with is a Muslim He would not hurt a fly! He gets excited when talking about God with me. Another co-worker called him a terrorist & He was very upset. He was like dude it gives Islam a bad name because of the terrorist. He says he loves being an American. I believe him.

Manny

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
08 Sep 09

Ok , I haven't read all the posts here but just wanted to say that christianity and islam have both had a violent history. Why say one is worse than the other? We can not move forward with violence still part of our culture.
Note: No bhuddist priest has ever blessed or condoned a war as far as I know, whereas, for example, the pope was hedging his bets at the start of WW2, not knowing which side was going to win. So he went and blessed both sides just in case 😛

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
08 Sep 09

Yeah I know it's dramatized but that movie Kingdom of Heaven was good.
Showing how war like the crusaders were. (I know not all Christians believe like the crusaders did)I like how Saladin allowed the Christians a chance to leave Jerusalem.

Manny

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
08 Sep 09

Originally posted by menace71
Yeah I know it's dramatized but that movie Kingdom of Heaven was good.
Showing how war like the crusaders were. (I know not all Christians believe like the crusaders did)I like how Saladin allowed the Christians a chance to leave Jerusalem.

Manny
As Daniel 58 pointed out, there are even militant monks that carry on with violence to achieve their ends, but to tar the whole lot of monks with that brush is surley folly!!!

Moves
08 Sep 09
2 edits

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
Surely somewhere in the far recesses of your mind you must realize that it is not the word "maniac" that is at issue. Not that I'd normally choose that word, but all intentional killing is done by "maniacs". They are "maniacs" first and only. Why don't you just leave it at that?

These are the types of statements made by bigots:

"It's always Muslims

The first is blatantly false.

The second is a demonstration of ignorance.
In your rush to accuse me and maintain your position of righteous superiority you make the assumption that I include all Muslims in the generalisation "it's always Muslims"; I mix with and know many lovely Muslim people; but they aren't the problem are they! You continue to maintain your pious stance by attacking my generalisation if you want to, (I admit it was a generalisation - but that was obvious wasn't it?)

The evidence is clear regarding which religious group terrorises the west; clear to anyone who chooses to take a cursory glance that is, (I can't believe I even have to point that out!). If you choose to ignore the facts or simply can't see them from your lofty position, then that is your selective blindness and naivety.

Cape Town

Moves
08 Sep 09

Originally posted by divegeester
The evidence is clear regarding which religious group terrorises the west; clear to anyone who chooses to take a cursory glance that is, (I can't believe I even have to point that out!). If you choose to ignore the facts or simply can't see them from your lofty position, then that is your selective blindness and naivety.
And the evidence is clear as to which religious group terrorizes the east. But your origional generalization said nothing about 'terrorizing the west'. It was therefore an attempt to incite bigotry as correctly pointed out by ThinkOfOne in the second post in this thread.
I am sure you knew that your original post would be interpreted as "all maniacs who get locked up are Muslims" and your intent was for people to start to then believe "all Muslims are maniacs who should be locked up".

Do you admit that there are a significant number of Christians who are violent maniacs?
Do you admit that there are a significant number of Christians who engage in terrorism?
Do you admit that it would be very hard to evaluate which religion has a more violent history?

I notice you mix with and know many Muslims but have not mentioned any friends who are Muslim. If you showed them your original post, do you think that any of the Muslims you know would be offended?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
08 Sep 09

Didn't George Bush, a fundamentalist Christian, claim that God told him to end the tyranny in Iraq and Afghanistan?

If we're talking about a Christian Muslim death scale here, i would say the Christians are well into the lead at the moment.

rc

Moves
08 Sep 09

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Didn't George Bush, a fundamentalist Christian, claim that God told him to end the tyranny in Iraq and Afghanistan?

If we're talking about a Christian Muslim death scale here, i would say the Christians are well into the lead at the moment.
no way, closet atheists like Stalin are way more prolific.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
08 Sep 09

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Or as someone pointed out to me once, Hitler and Stalin both had moustaches.........got to be down to the facial hair.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
08 Sep 09

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Irrelevant in a thread about Christians and Muslims.

rc

Moves
08 Sep 09

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Irrelevant in a thread about Christians and Muslims.
no its no, killing is killing, regardless. i just watched the details of the plot, chilling, absolutely chilling.