Another evolution thread

Another evolution thread

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Z

Moves
03 May 13

listening to &feature=player_embedded
(carl sagan politely explains reason to a fundamentalist who thought he discovered, like all others, the ultimate "ha, i gotcha ya stupid evolutionist" evidence against evolution)

he mentions the different breeds of dogs. how we managed, through selective breeding, to produce something so fukin retarded as the chihuahua. how we effectively evolved dogs to be hunting, decorative dogs, wiener dogs bred for hunting a specific kind of animal, tracking dogs, guard dogs. and so on.

how do people dismissing evolution explain this. and yes, i know they will say "well microevolution is a bible-proven fact" to which i ask, "if you allow tiny changes to keep happening, why can't lots of tiny changes over a very large period of time change a t-rex into a chicken".
to what degree is a chihuahua still a fukin dog, after just several decades of breeding?

t

Moves
03 May 13

I didn't want you to feel left out 😵

Z

Moves
03 May 13

Originally posted by tim88
I didn't want you to feel left out 😵
i didn't make this thread to get your attention.

i know what will happen. you fundies will either ignore it completely (which would be preferable) or post the same biblical quotes that have no connection to the subject. the reasonable people will nod to this as they would nod to someone saying any other scientifically established fact. nobody will gain any new knowledge, but reasonable people might feel better about themselves because unreasonable people can't grasp obvious scientific facts.

this thread was done for selfish reasons. the "proofs" you fundies post will hopefully be entertaining.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
03 May 13

Originally posted by Zahlanzi
listening to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar6Pd8TU3Dg&feature=player_embedded
(carl sagan politely explains reason to a fundamentalist who thought he discovered, like all others, the ultimate "ha, i gotcha ya stupid evolutionist" evidence against evolution)

he mentions the different breeds of dogs. how we managed, through selective breeding, to p ...[text shortened]...
to what degree is a chihuahua still a fukin dog, after just several decades of breeding?
God has prohibited the changing of one kind into another kind of plant or animal. They can only breed within their own kind and produce variations in the same kind. Some call these variations microevolution. But gaps in the fossil record as well as the big gap from 6 thousand years to 4 billion years show that there is no proof or time for macroevolution A.K.A. Evil-lution. 😏

Moves
03 May 13

Originally posted by RJHinds
God has prohibited the changing of one kind into another kind of plant or animal. They can only breed within their own kind and produce variations in the same kind. Some call these variations microevolution. But gaps in the fossil record as well as the big gap from 6 thousand years to 4 billion years show that there is no proof or time for macroevolution A.K.A. Evil-lution. 😏
a chihuahua cannot breed with a wolf are they different species?

K
Demon Duck

of Doom!

Moves
03 May 13

Just like buses, you wait for ages for a thread on evolution and creation and three turn up at the same time.

OK, let's have a go at addressing the matter at hand. The big grumpy sky fairy says you can change a bit, I've gone grey for instance, but you can't change into a chicken. Or a duck. No, not even into green spotted elephant. So little bits of change yes, big change no. And it's no use trotting out the "lots of tiny tiny changes over a very long time rubbish" because you haven't got that much time. And you mustn't call it evolution because the big grumpy sky fairy will get very annoyed and frown at you.

There, that's a good synopsis of the rubbish to come. Carry on.

t

Moves
03 May 13

So cats and dogs can't have kittens puppies 🙁

K
Demon Duck

of Doom!

Moves
03 May 13

So cats and dogs can't have kittens puppies 🙁
Big grumpy sky fairy is frowning.

t

Moves
03 May 13

Originally posted by Kepler
Big grumpy sky fairy is frowning.
is not sky fairy is god

hallelujah holy holy holy 😏

K
Demon Duck

of Doom!

Moves
03 May 13

is not sky fairy is god

hallelujah holy holy holy 😏
An RJ in sheep's clothing!

Sky fairy, god, all the same non-thing.

Z

Moves
03 May 13

i wonder if our descendants or aliens coming here to research alien life will list chihuahuas as the missing link between wolf and the fukin abnoxious rat the chihuahuas will evolve into.

you cannot have all the fossils of every variation in each 1000 year period. it's preposterous to demand fossils for each of those small periods in order to accept that t-rexes turned into chickens.

at 2:51 it starts to list transitional fossils from one species to another with clear intermediate features. and no, this youtube is not the same as your youtubes. this is a summary of known scientifical facts, available in respected science mediums. your youtubes are of some dudes posting "proofs" that no other scientists agree with, or find remotely worthy.

what gap from 6 thousand to 4 billion years are you referring to. this might be amusing.

K
Demon Duck

of Doom!

Moves
03 May 13

i wonder if our descendants or aliens coming here to research alien life will list chihuahuas as the missing link between wolf and the fukin abnoxious rat the chihuahuas will evolve into.

you cannot have all the fossils of every variation in each 1000 year period. it's preposterous to demand fossils for each of those small periods in order to accept th ...[text shortened]...

what gap from 6 thousand to 4 billion years are you referring to. this might be amusing.
I bet it's like the gap year students have. God going off to party while allegedly doing worthy stuff.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
03 May 13

Originally posted by stellspalfie
a chihuahua cannot breed with a wolf are they different species?
That just proves their is a limit that God has programmed into the DNA of those kinds of animals. The chihuahua is as far as it can go in that direction. A chihuahua is is still a member of the canine family, just like the wolf. They may be different species of canines but not differnent kinds of animals according to God.

The Instructor

Moves
03 May 13

That just proves their is a limit that God has programmed into the DNA of those kinds of animals. The chihuahua is as far as it can go in that direction. A chihuahua is is still a member of the canine family, just like the wolf. They may be different species of canines but not differnent kinds of animals according to God.

The Instructor
riiiiiight, so first you said it was about breeding. now its some unnamed physical quality. what is it then? what exactly are different 'kinds'?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
03 May 13
1 edit

you cannot have all the fossils of every variation in each 1000 year period. it's preposterous to demand fossils for each of those small periods in order to accept th

There is no time that goes back to 4 billion years or even a million. The big gap is the one in the thinking that causes some to make up this imaginary time so their fictional theoy of evolution is more believable.

The Instructor