1. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    24 Oct '06 20:39
    ive heard people say in the past, "if there is a god then why is there sickness? poverty? and mental retardation?" its hard to answer cuz idk what causes those things, does anybody know what causes them? any thoughts?
  2. Playing with matches
    Moves
    24 Oct '06 20:49
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    ive heard people say in the past, "if there is a god then why is there sickness? poverty? and mental retardation?" its hard to answer cuz idk what causes those things, does anybody know what causes them? any thoughts?
    Causes:
    Sickness from germs and not being Christian enough.
    Poverty from being lazy, stupied or a minority.
    Mental Retardation from eating lead paint chips as a child.

There you go, everything you ever wanted to know. Just call me Answers R' Us.
  3. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    24 Oct '06 20:59
    Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
    Causes:
    Sickness from germs and not being Christian enough.
    Poverty from being lazy, stupied or a minority.
    Mental Retardation from eating lead paint chips as a child.

There you go, everything you ever wanted to know. Just call me Answers R' Us.
    pathogens cause sickness but i think you have to know where pathogens come from.
    poverty comes from bad leadership http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poverty#Causes_of_poverty
    mental retardation comes from genetic disorders.
    we cause poverty so we cant blame God for that, im not sure about sickness and mental retardation yet cuz idk much about it.
  4. Playing with matches
    Moves
    24 Oct '06 21:10
    pathogens cause sickness but i think you have to know where pathogens come from.
    poverty comes from bad leadership http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poverty#Causes_of_poverty
    mental retardation comes from genetic disorders.
    we cause poverty so we cant blame God for that, im not sure about sickness and mental retardation yet cuz idk much about it.
    So, first off, if you knew the answers, why did you ask?
    Secondly, define poor - how poor is poor? If I live in a trailer am I poor?
    Thirdly, if I wear the Mormon garments can I protected from sickness by God.
    Fourthly, what level of retardation is acceptable before people should be euthanized for being too retarded?
  5. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    24 Oct '06 21:29
    So, first off, if you knew the answers, why did you ask?
    Secondly, define poor - how poor is poor? If I live in a trailer am I poor?
    Thirdly, if I wear the Mormon garments can I protected from sickness by God.
    Fourthly, what level of retardation is acceptable before people should be euthanized for being too retarded?
    i would get better answers from RHP than i could make my self.
    poor is barely surviving, no extra money for things you want you barely get what you need. i know a rich guy living in a trailor. idk, im not a morman but i doubt it. and i didnt even know people can be euthanized for being retarded, but im not God and i cant judge whether somebody's life is worth living or not.
  6. Playing with matches
    Moves
    24 Oct '06 21:34
    and i didnt even know people can be euthanized for being retarded, but im not God and i cant judge whether somebody's life is worth living or not.
    If they're not being euthanized they should be, especially if they're poor as well. No one wants poverty stricken retards wandering about in their own filth and bringing down property values. Essentially, if someone elses quality of life adversely effects mine they should be euthanized. Drooling, wheelchair bound retards certainly fall in this category.
  7. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    24 Oct '06 21:54
    If they're not being euthanized they should be, especially if they're poor as well. No one wants poverty stricken retards wandering about in their own filth and bringing down property values. Essentially, if someone elses quality of life adversely effects mine they should be euthanized. Drooling, wheelchair bound retards certainly fall in this category.
    thats pretty immature and unthoughtful.
  8. Playing with matches
    Moves
    24 Oct '06 22:10
    Yes. Yes it is... funny how that happens.
  9. Stormwind City
    Moves
    25 Oct '06 00:47
    Another funny thing is how hard it is to get welfare for mentally challenged people. They have to apply multiple times before they are approved. To the governments credit they back-pay you what they owe you from turning you down previously, but still while being denied multiple times, these people still need their medicine. I don't believe people should be euthanized just because they are mentally challenged. Most states won't euthanize a mass murderer for killing people; why should we euthanize people who can't help but have a problem.
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    25 Oct '06 07:36
    Poor is having less money than most of the people you look up to as having a better life than you.

I have seen Oprah interviewing 'poor' people in the US who are practically dying of stress because they are so poor. I know people who would consider those 'poor' to be 'stinking rich'.

I dont know how much money would satisfy me but I do know I will never have that much.
  11. Sydney
    Moves
    27 Oct '06 18:31
    Hitler was pretty immature and unthoughtful. He also happened to be one of the most powerful men in history.

And I don't recall much mention of him being particularly sick or poor. As for being a retard, the fact that his personal moral convictions don't align with yours (or the majority of the world's) in no way compares him to a potato with opposable thumbs, except that he too, had working digits.

Just an observation.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree