1. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    25 Jul '15 21:181 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Ah, you mean they had access to God's GPS and knew all about Australia, Antarctica, North and South America, Siberia and all that back in the so-called flood days?

Are you one of those taking the flood story literally?
    What difference does it make? If the people living back then were so stupid they didn't know a flood plain isn't the entire world, then a little mud puddle could also be called a 'world wide flood'. This thinly disguised presumption of stupidity is quite frankly... stupid. I'm sorry, but there is no other word for it... it's just stupid.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 Jul '15 21:48
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    What difference does it make? If the people living back then were so stupid they didn't know a flood plain [b]isn't the entire world, then a little mud puddle could also be called a 'world wide flood'. This thinly disguised presumption of stupidity is quite frankly... stupid. I'm sorry, but there is no other word for it... it's just stupid.[/b]
    Exactly how did you think I went from "God's GPS" to they must have been stupid?

I was implying they had no idea of Australia, Antarctica, N&S America, or Siberia and thus WHATEVER kind of flood they saw could not possibly have been a world wide flood since they didn't know the world.

The flood story is allegory not fact. It's saying, if you all don't behave, this is what COULD happen to you.

If you are a literal believer in the flood, answer me this: How did the known diversity of DNA around species in the world, including humans, could that have ever happened had ALL the land animals been reduced to 2, one male and one female each?

Has your BS meter gone completely bonkers that you can believe a literal world wide flood tale from middle easterners who had ZERO knowledge of any other land mass besides that around the Med?
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Jul '15 06:441 edit
    Exactly how did you think I went from "God's GPS" to they must have been stupid?

I was implying they had no idea of Australia, Antarctica, N&S America, or Siberia and thus WHATEVER kind of flood they saw could not possibly have been a world wide flood since they didn't know the world.

The flood story is allegory not fact. It's saying, if you all don' ...[text shortened]... rom middle easterners who had ZERO knowledge of any other land mass besides that around the Med?
    You don't understand that there was only one continent at the time of the flood. So a local flood could have covered all the earth.

YouTube
  4. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    26 Jul '15 07:03
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You don't understand that there was only one continent at the time of the flood. So a local flood could have covered all the earth.

[youtube]3HDb9Ijynfo[/youtube]
    That's just dumb. I'll let potholer54 deal with it, in his usual entertaining manner:

YouTube : expanding earth my ass
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Jul '15 07:271 edit
    Originally posted by C Hess
    That's just dumb. I'll let potholer54 deal with it, in his usual entertaining manner:

[youtube expanding earth my ass]epwg6Od49e8[/youtube]
    You missed the whole point. I did not claim there was an expanding earth. My point is that there was once only one big continent.
  6. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    26 Jul '15 07:50
    You missed the whole point. I did not claim there was an expanding earth. My point is that there was once only one big continent.
    But you linked to a video that promotes the failed expanding earth hypothesis. If you understand and accept the theory of plate tectonics, what really causes continental drift, you'd know that there's no way all continents was merged only 4000 years ago. So which is it? Is the earth expanding, or is earth billions of years old?
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Jul '15 09:08
    But you linked to a video that promotes the failed expanding earth hypothesis. If you understand and accept the theory of plate tectonics, what really causes continental drift, you'd know that there's no way all continents was merged only 4000 years ago. So which is it? Is the earth expanding, or is earth billions of years old?
    Neither, there was a world wide flood.

YouTube
  8. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    26 Jul '15 09:55
    Neither, there was a world wide flood.

[youtube]jJ1QrbvBIN4[/youtube]
    How did the continents drift so far apart? Surely you're not saying that a global flood pushed the continents apart?
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    26 Jul '15 13:101 edit
    That is depressingly ignorant AND stupid all in one go.

If the continents had moved LITERALLY thousands of miles in what, a couple hundred years as a result of this bogus flood, there would be no humans left or much of any life on Earth left, maybe flies and maggots.

Try to imagine the amount of energy it would take to move entire continents in just a couple hundred years, or even 1000 years.

Of course I know your religious meme immune system will come up with an answer but you have to realize it's all BULLSHYTE.

Think about this: the earthquake at Fukishima was the result of two plates crunching together and that produced a 9 level earthquake. Do you see any stories in the bible about earthquakes that large other than 'the walls came tumbling down'?

What do you think would be the result of the entire EARTH undergoing level 9 or more likely level 12 earthquakes EVERY DAY FOR A THOUSAND YEARS?

Do you see any stories about that happening in your precious bible? Also, if that WERE to happen, the signs would be there still today and geology would be a totally different science, a story of the mopping up of entire civilizations and probably 20 thousand foot mountains everywhere on Earth not just on the major subduction zones like the ring of fire or the Alps or Himalayas.

You need to seriously update your BS meter. Which I know for a fact will never happen since you are mentally stuck in the tenth century.
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    26 Jul '15 14:22
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    So is there anyone other than twhitehead who wants to claim evolution is not used by atheists to discredit religion?
    Stop lying. I never said any such thing. If you know your reading comprehension is poor, don't be too quick to make claims about what others have or have not said.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Jul '15 20:52
    How did the continents drift so far apart? Surely you're not saying that a global flood pushed the continents apart?
    The History of the Continents

YouTube

Continental Sprint - Not Drift

YouTube

(Part 2/2)

YouTube
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Jul '15 21:16
    That is depressingly ignorant AND stupid all in one go.

If the continents had moved LITERALLY thousands of miles in what, a couple hundred years as a result of this bogus flood, there would be no humans left or much of any life on Earth left, maybe flies and maggots.

Try to imagine the amount of energy it would take to move entire continents in just ...[text shortened]... er. Which I know for a fact will never happen since you are mentally stuck in the tenth century.
    Global Tectonics and the Flood 1

YouTube

(part 2)

YouTube
  13. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    26 Jul '15 21:373 edits
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Stop lying. I never said any such thing. If you know your reading comprehension is poor, don't be too quick to make claims about what others have or have not said.
    Stop hiding. Thread 164723

Stop pretending. Thread 164001

Stop lying. Thread 164315
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Jul '15 10:29
    Global Tectonics and the Flood 1

[youtube]y7HCa6XlYO0[/youtube]

(part 2)

[youtube]OKOhPUx9XF4[/youtube]
    You and your video creeps have ZERO idea of the titanic forces at play in continental movements and grinding against one another. Once again, completely ignoring known laws of physics such as friction and heat and such when applied to grinding rocks the size of Mount Everest, as if masses like that could slide against one another in a few years or a few thousand years, just twist the known laws of thermodynamics, physics, and geology to force your beliefs on people with weak minds. Those video's are political based claptrap aiming for political power and nothing more. AND you know that full well.
  15. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    27 Jul '15 10:35
    http://www.nature.com/srep/2015/150716/srep11775/pdf/srep11775.pdf

Dinosaur with a lot of feathers. Another notch against creationists.
    There is no creator because dinosaurs had feathers.

🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄 😴

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree