1. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    20 Apr '07 22:29
    Originally posted by Big Mac
    ps. i'm sorry for the multiple posts. i haven't yet learned how to reply to more than one post at a time other than just listing the stuff, but that could get confusing to the other posters.

also, how do you bold face the type in the post?
    Put these around the area you want bolded:

[b ]...[/b ]

except leave out the space after the 'b'.
  2. RDU NC
    Moves
    20 Apr '07 22:29
    Originally posted by Zander 88
    How do you find people who don't follow a religious belief gullible? And certianly you don't believe you are also gullible. If so then you admit your religion is false. A bit confused here....

Ah, I think you just meant you were considered gullible by others, not that you assert you are. my bad. 🙂
    you are correct in your assumption of what i meant.

i also think it is safe to say that we are all atheist in some way. for instance, i don't believe in woden and thor, or krishna etc. therefore, i am atheist when it comes to these deities.
  3. RDU NC
    Moves
    20 Apr '07 22:311 edit
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Put these around the area you want bolded:

[b ]...[/b ]

except leave out the space after the 'b'.
    thank you?

i tried. we'll see if it worked when i post.

it worked. thanks.
  4. RDU NC
    Moves
    20 Apr '07 22:32
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    ARG. I bet if you had to play it at EVERY funeral it wouldn't be a 'good song.'

BLAH
    are you a musician. i'd like to say i am, too. what do you play?
  5. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    20 Apr '07 22:32
    hate french. why can't they pronounce every letter like german, spanish, latin, greek, etc.
    of course this applys to english, not a fan. and i'm an american. 😉
    Absolutely, damn languages. I mean, what where people thinking, making the plural of "apply" into "applies"! Making it so confusing! And capital letters, what are they about?!

I mean, I'm glad you've got a b.a., which I can only assume is similar to a B.A., unlike these illegible idiots with their punctuation.
  6. RDU NC
    Moves
    20 Apr '07 22:38
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    Absolutely, damn languages. I mean, what where people thinking, making the plural of "apply" into "applies"! Making it so confusing! And capital letters, what are they about?!

I mean, I'm glad you've got a b.a., which I can only assume is similar to a B.A., unlike these illegible idiots with their punctuation.
    you caught me in my laziness. even as a xian, i admit that enjoy most of your posts. i'm almost honored to have drawn your attention.

I'll try to do better in the future. You are truly intelligent. I was actually hoping to get your opinion on Edinburough U. for my J.D. Any thoughts? (Other than whether there should be another Christian lawyer out there)
  7. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    20 Apr '07 22:52
    amazing grace is a beautiful song. especially if one is familiar with the story behind it's writing.

you should also check out the story behind "it is well with my soul." very moving.
    I can tell you right now that you and I have very, very different tastes
    in hymns. Textually, I find It is well with my soul to be mediocre
    at best; musically, it's almost juvenile.

I am familiar with the stories behind the writings of both hymns. That
    doesn't influence my opinion of them.

Nemesio
  8. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    20 Apr '07 22:52
    are you a musician. i'd like to say i am, too. what do you play?
    I am a professional organist.
  9. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    20 Apr '07 22:56
    you caught me in my laziness. even as a xian, i admit that enjoy most of your posts. i'm almost honored to have drawn your attention.

I'll try to do better in the future. You are truly intelligent. I was actually hoping to get your opinion on Edinburough U. for my J.D. Any thoughts? (Other than whether there should be another Christian lawyer out there)
    Thanks, always nice to get a compliment, although besides people like vistesd, ammanion, Umbrage, twhitehead or Nemesio, I hardly warrant it!

Edinburgh is a fantastic university. Definitely, if you have a chance to study there, you should. Although, I would caution that Edinburgh is an expensive city, so budget well.
  10. RDU NC
    Moves
    20 Apr '07 23:08
    I am a professional organist.
    Wow! A truly difficult task. I would consider it tantamount to playing a trap set of drums. I personally cannot keep my feet and hands moving as different tempos.

I, too, am somewhat of a musician. I play guitar, trumpet, piano, and banjo.
  11. RDU NC
    Moves
    20 Apr '07 23:13
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    Thanks, always nice to get a compliment, although besides people like vistesd, ammanion, Umbrage, twhitehead or Nemesio, I hardly warrant it!

Edinburgh is a fantastic university. Definitely, if you have a chance to study there, you should. Although, I would caution that Edinburgh is an expensive city, so budget well.
    Thank you for the head's up.

And, I thoroughly disagree with your self-abasement. You are truly very intelligent and well-spoken. We may not agree on some very fundelmental things, but I give you my respect none-the-less.

Please continue in your posts. You give me a lot to think about.
  12. RDU NC
    Moves
    20 Apr '07 23:15
    I can tell you right now that you and I have very, very different tastes
    in hymns. Textually, I find It is well with my soul to be mediocre
    at best; musically, it's almost juvenile.

I am familiar with the stories behind the writings of both hymns. That
    doesn't influence my opinion of them.

Nemesio
    Fair enough. I'll certainly not try to suede your opinion on such trivial matters as taste. However, perhaps you could help me. I'm still learning the nuances of RHP. I just learned how to bold face my type. Could you explain how to italicize it?
  13. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    20 Apr '07 23:17
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Put these around the area you want italized:

[i ]...[/i ]

except leave out the space after the 'i'.
  14. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    20 Apr '07 23:22
    You give me a lot to think about.
    That's all I ask - that people do think!
  15. RDU NC
    Moves
    20 Apr '07 23:31
    Thank you.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree