1. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    08 Jul '09 14:202 edits
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Sorry your 'life is empty so i need to turn gay' arguement doesn't gel with me. As i said before many gay peoples lives i know have become more empty as a result of them 'coming out of the closet'.

We need Lord Jesus Christ and more. Much,much more. The examples of this are abundant.

I agree with the general jist of your post though. Our powerf esus)? (note this is a 'yes' or 'no' question and I would love to hear your response)
    =================================
    Sorry your 'life is empty so i need to turn gay' arguement doesn't gel with me. As i said before many gay peoples lives i know have become more empty as a result of them 'coming out of the closet'.
    ==================================

I think a kind of "hunger" drives people to do things.

Look at the thirstly woman at the well in John chapter 4. Five husbands she had and was still unhappy. Consider the words of God in Jeremiah:

"For my people have committed two evils: They have forsaken Me, the fountain of living waters, to hew out for themselves cisterns, broken cisterns, which hold no water." (Jer. 2:13)

People forsake God and their thirst leads them to seek quenching in all manner of things which cannot satisfy.

That explains why after coming out of the closet many are still unsatisfied.

My only real point here is that hunger and thirst for enjoyment lead people to sin. The soul craves enjoyment. Even underneath the legitimate necessities of life like marriage, there remains the thirst of the spiritual innermost being for something more.

Some people sin because of the emptiness of life. They do not realize the deep need for the love of Jesus they have.
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    08 Jul '09 14:34
    Originally posted by jaywill
    [b]=================================
    ==================================

I think a kind of "hunger" drives people to do things.

Look at the t ...[text shortened]... e emptiness of life. They do not realize the deep need for the love of Jesus they have.[/b]
    I am judging by your post that you concede some of my points. I think we are definately in agreement on certain points here.

I ask you then : why the need for this 'coming out of the closet'-type experience?(which we have both acknowledged)

Is this not a huge transition for one 'coming out of the closet'?
    I would say its a necessary one. To come to terms with ones 'sinning' one surely cannot hold such great divisions in their mind where they feel the need to 'come out of the closet'.

I'm not gay. But I suspect that gay people need to make peace with their own minds before they can advance in their spiritual endevours.
    Jaywill....
  3. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    09 Jul '09 00:143 edits
    I am judging by your post that you concede some of my points. I think we are definately in agreement on certain points here.

I ask you then : why the need for this 'coming out of the closet'-type experience?(which we have both acknowledged)

Is this not a huge transition for one 'coming out of the closet'?
    I would say its a necessary one. To come with their own minds before they can advance in their spiritual endevours.
    Jaywill....
    I don't know.

I think the God created conscience of man has an intuitive sense of what is right and what is wrong. One may "come out of the closet" and gain the approval of the world. I think the conscience created by God cannot be appeased. It knows what it knows what it knows.

I think we can do a lot to try to make the conscience be at peace. But it accepts no logic, no argument, no rational, no bribe if it knows that something is right and something is wrong.

The only sure peace to the conscience is the blood of Jesus Christ. Accepting His redemption brings a peace to the innermost conscience of the sinner.

No amount of "coming out of the closet" can do what the blood of Jesus Christ can do to inform a man that he is at peace with God and with himself.

"How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without blemish to God, purify your conscience from evil works to serve the living God." (Hebrews 9:14)
  4. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    09 Jul '09 00:23
    [b]====================================
    This is an interesting concept, one that I have not come across before, I must confess.
    ===============================

You have to check it out prayerfully and with much study to make sure it is true.

Test it prayerfully asking God for wisdom. I tend to look for possible problems with an interpre ...[text shortened]...

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit.[/b]
    Do you believe that there is any revelation from God outside the Bible that is on an equal footing as parts of the Bible?
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    09 Jul '09 01:54
    I don't know.

I think the God created conscience of man has an intuitive sense of what is right and what is wrong. One may "come out of the closet" and gain the approval of the world. I think the conscience created by God cannot be appeased. It knows what it knows what it knows.

I think we can do a lot to try to make the conscience be at peace. But ...[text shortened]... od, purify your conscience from evil works to serve the living God." (Hebrews 9:14)
    [/b]
    Yes I agree no amount of 'coming out of the closet' can do what 'the blood of christ' can do.(I'm not going to get into 'blood of christ' here. I will just take it in a generally positive manner).
    My contention is that they need to 'come out of the closet' first. Of coarse this is not true for all gay people however I would think it hard to make peace with Jesus if you haven't made peace with yourself first.
  6. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    09 Jul '09 12:321 edit
    Yes I agree no amount of 'coming out of the closet' can do what 'the blood of christ' can do.(I'm not going to get into 'blood of christ' here. I will just take it in a generally positive manner).
    My contention is that they need to 'come out of the closet' first. Of coarse this is not true for all gay people however I would think it hard to make peace with Jesus if you haven't made peace with yourself first.
    ================================
    Of coarse this is not true for all gay people however I would think it hard to make peace with Jesus if you haven't made peace with yourself first.

karoly, you need to stand in the light of Jesus to even KNOW yourself.

You need to come into the presence of God to know yourself truly.

If you keep yourself far from God you do not know yourself well. You cannot walk by your own light. You need God to shine on you.

If you do not believe me, start to read the Gospels, the words and the deeds of Jesus. I think the Spirit of God will cause you to know yourself much better in the light of the Lord Jesus.
  7. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    09 Jul '09 12:43
    That explains why after coming out of the closet many are still unsatisfied.
    It's more likely that after coming out of the closet they have to deal with family, friends, and a society in general that is homophobic.
  8. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    09 Jul '09 19:012 edits
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    It's more likely that after coming out of the closet they have to deal with family, friends, and a society in general that is homophobic.
    What is homophobic?

If I hire a babysitter to watch my pre-adolescent girl. And the baby sitter has a problem with being a lesbian. Is it homophobic to be concerned that she may seduce my child ?

If so, I'll be a little bit "homophobic" Thanks.

I don't advocate stoning the baby sitter if that's what you're worried about.

And to tie up loose ends, Yes, I could be equally concerned if it was a male with a heterosexual problem with pedophilia - "Heterophobic?"
  9. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    09 Jul '09 19:221 edit
    What is homophobic?

If I hire a babysitter to watch my pre-adolescent girl. And the baby sitter has a problem with being a lesbian. Is it [b]homophobic
    to be concerned that she may seduce my child ?

If so, I'll be a little bit "homophobic" Thanks.

I don't advocate stoning the baby sitter if that's what you're worried about. ...[text shortened]... concerned if it was a male with a heterosexual problem with pedophilia - "Heterophobic?"[/b]
    Homophobia as in the dictionary - is an "irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against homosexuality or homosexuals".

Problem with being a lesbian, sorry, don't know what you're talking about there.

concerned that she may seduce my child, again, you've lost me.

I think you may be confusing 'homosexuality' and 'paedophilia' as the same, when they are entirely different.

If someone 'seduces' your child, male or female, gay or striaght, they are a paedophile.
  10. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    09 Jul '09 20:14
    Homophobia as in the dictionary - is an "irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against homosexuality or homosexuals".

[b]Problem with being a lesbian
    , sorry, don't know what you're talking about there.

I think you may be confusing 'homosexuality' and 'paedop ...[text shortened]... someone 'seduces' your child, male or female, gay or striaght, they are a paedophile.[/b]
    ============================

And up to some years ago homosexuality was listed as a pyschological illness in professional pyschiatric manuals.

Is there an alchophobic definition for people irrationally afraid of alchoholics?

==============

Problem with being a lesbian, sorry, don't know what you're talking about there.

=======================

Tendency then if you don't like "problem".

==========================
    I think you may be confusing 'homosexuality' and 'paedophilia' as the same, when they are entirely different.

If someone 'seduces' your child, male or female, gay or striaght, they are a paedophile.
    ===================

And if the paedophiles become vocal enough and powerful in lobbying, with the help of a few college Phds to lend support, they may add an entry into that dictionary like this:

PAEDOPHOBIC - an "irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against paedophilia or paedophiles".
  11. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    10 Jul '09 10:46
    [b]============================

And up to some years ago homosexuality was listed as a pyschological illness in professional pyschiatric manuals.

Is there an alchophobic defi ...[text shortened]... ar of, aversion to, or discrimination against paedophilia or paedophiles". [/b][/b]
    Just beacuse someone is gay it doesn't mean they are going to start abusing children. Homosexuality doesn't mean paedophilia in disguise.

Now back to your question.

If I hire a babysitter to watch my pre-adolescent girl. And the baby sitter has a problem with being a lesbian. Is it homophobic to be concerned that she may seduce my child?

Here you have made the rather ignorant, homophobic assumption that just beacuse someone is a lesbian, they're going to be interested in 'touching up' your child. If you're concerned that you're babysitter may 'seduce' your child, regardless of their gender or sexual orientation, i wouldn't worry what you label them, just call the police.
  12. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    10 Jul '09 11:232 edits
    Just beacuse someone is gay it doesn't mean they are going to start abusing children. Homosexuality doesn't mean paedophilia in disguise.

[b]If I hire a babysitter to watch my pre-adolescent girl. And the baby sitter has a problem with being a lesbian. Is it homophobic to be concerned that she may seduce my child?

der or sexual orientation, i wouldn't worry what you label them, just call the police.[/b]
    ======================
    Just beacuse someone is gay it doesn't mean they are going to start abusing children.
    ========================

Of course not. And just because someone is concerned about a same sex flirtation with his child doesn't mean he has an irrational and phobic prejudice

========================
    Homosexuality doesn't mean paedophilia in disguise.
    ==========================

True. And some homosexuals may be good child care professionals.

========================

If I hire a babysitter to watch my pre-adolescent girl. And the baby sitter has a problem with being a lesbian. Is it homophobic to be concerned that she may seduce my child?

Here you have made the rather ignorant, homophobic assumption that just beacuse someone is a lesbian, they're going to be interested in 'touching up' your child.
    =============================

I said "if" and not "when". It "may" happen. If it may happen.

================================
    If you're concerned that you're babysitter may 'seduce' your child, regardless of their gender or sexual orientation, i wouldn't worry what you label them, just call the police.
    ======================================

Suppose my concern goes beyond simply putting them in the slammer. Maybe its a relative. Maybe its a friend. Maybe its a neighbor whose parants are friends.

You assumed that the only concern was to lock them up. Where's the phobia then ?

Recall that I did write "I don't advocate stoning the baby sitter if that's what you're worried about. "
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    11 Jul '09 12:42
    [b]================================
    Of coarse this is not true for all gay people however I would think it hard to make peace with Jesus if you haven't made peace with yourself first.

karoly, you need to stand in the light of Jesus to even KNOW yourself.

You need to come into the presence o ...[text shortened]... k the Spirit of God will cause you to know yourself much better in the light of the Lord Jesus.[/b]
    I really don't want to reply to this post because you seem to assume a lot about me and my relation to Jesus, God and the 'light'.

however if I don't respond you other christians will be afraid I am a manifestation of the devil. (oh,oh. You might think I'm a greater manifestation of the devil for having posted this might you not?)
    😕

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree