anti-intellectualism

anti-intellectualism

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
24 Apr 14

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
sorry you dont take Scottish money , I know.
I'm more than happy to take Scottish money. I take any currency.

F

Moves
24 Apr 14

so what, none of what you are saying has any relevance to whether Christ was a good student of scripture.
But you've just said yourself, "...this is spirituality, here we require proof for truth claims".

rc

Moves
24 Apr 14

Originally posted by Proper Knob
I'm more than happy to take Scottish money. I take any currency.
Although its off topic I hear that you Cornish are to receive recognition as a distinctive peoples!

rc

Moves
24 Apr 14
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
But you've just said yourself, "...this is spirituality, here we require proof for truth claims".
so i did and i provided evidence for my claim that Jesus was able to find a quotation in a scroll several meters long and was able to quote scripture four times from the Hebrew portion of the Bible. How he was able to do this without being a student of scripture you will now explain?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
24 Apr 14

Although its off topic I hear that you Cornish are to receive recognition as a distinctive peoples!
So I read. What it actually entails, who knows.

F

Moves
24 Apr 14

so i did and i provided evidence for my claim that Jesus was able to find a quotation in a scroll several meters long and was able to quote scripture. How he was able to do this without being a student of scripture you will now explain?
What about the evidence of the exchange in the "wilderness"? Are you offering proof or is that not a "truth claim"?

rc

Moves
24 Apr 14
1 edit

Originally posted by Proper Knob
So I read. What it actually entails, who knows.
It might mean lots of European money poured into keeping the language alive as they did with Gaelic in the nineties.

rc

Moves
24 Apr 14

Originally posted by FMF
What about the evidence of the exchange in the "wilderness"? Are you offering proof or is that not a "truth claim"?
sorry i have no idea what you are havering about, i provided evidence that Christ was a student of scripture, its enough for me.

rc

Moves
24 Apr 14
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
How he was able to do this without being a student of scripture you will now explain?

F

Moves
24 Apr 14

sorry i have no idea what you are havering about, i provided evidence that Christ was a student of scripture, its enough for me.
What evidence is there that he demonstrated himself to be "an excellent student of scripture" in the wilderness? Is that bit of evidence not a "truth claim"?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
24 Apr 14

Ah yes, we fall back onto that favourite logical fallacy of yours. The circular argument. The Bible is correct, because the Bible says so.

F

Moves
24 Apr 14

How he was able to do this without being a student of scripture you will now explain?
What is it you are claiming he did in the wilderness? And what proof do you have that he did it?

rc

Moves
24 Apr 14

Originally posted by FMF
What evidence is there that he demonstrated himself to be "an excellent student of scripture" in the wilderness? Is that bit of evidence not a "truth claim"?
he quoted four times from the Hebrew portion of the Bible and you will please explain how he was able to do so without being a good student of scripture.

rc

Moves
24 Apr 14

Originally posted by FMF
What is it you are claiming he did in the wilderness? And what proof do you have that he did it?
sorry where is the part where you answer the question that's been asked to you three times? how is it possible that Christ quoted four times from scripture if he was not a student of scripture?

F

Moves
24 Apr 14

he quoted four times from the Hebrew portion of the Bible ...
And what proof of this do you have?