1. The moral highground
    Moves
    04 Sep '10 03:46
    I have taken a interest in this religion and wonderd if there are any longer serving members of it who frequent the boards.
  2. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    04 Sep '10 03:54
    http://www.xenu.net/
  3. silicon valley
    Moves
    04 Sep '10 20:09
    Leah Remini!
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    04 Sep '10 20:44
    Wouldn't this thread do better in the religion forum?

Just wondering.
  5. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    04 Sep '10 21:45
    Originally posted by Eladar

Just wondering.
    I was thinking this should have been in the Science forum.

I'm just saying.
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    04 Sep '10 22:37
    Originally posted by Brother Edwin
    I have taken a interest in this religion and wonderd if there are any longer serving members of it who frequent the boards.
    [b]We have enough scientists here thank you very much.[b] 🙄
  7. DEEP IN THE WOODS
    Moves
    05 Sep '10 15:50

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

8. DEEP IN THE WOODS
    Moves
    05 Sep '10 15:51

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

9. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    07 Sep '10 20:24
    Do Not give your address to them, or you will be blessed with eternal junk mail.

P-
  10. Joined
    17 Mar '08
    Moves
    17 Sep '10 16:34
    Fact : a religion followed by tom cruise and john travolta can't be wrong.
  11. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    18 Sep '10 01:29
    Originally posted by Eladar

Just wondering.
    It isn't really a religion. It may belong in Science Fiction, lol.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Sep '10 22:45
    Originally posted by caissad4
    It isn't really a religion. It may belong in Science Fiction, lol.
    Exactly. L. Ron Hubbard frequently remarked to friends how easy it was to dupe the government and get out of paying taxes. Just start a religion. LRH said several times that Scientology was a tax shelter.
  13. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Sep '10 00:40
    Hullo

Iv,e taken a good look at scientology and its has so much more truth than islam and christianity.......and out of the three if you had to pick an ideaology, then scientology is by far the best.

Why do I say this if Iam not a scientologist?....well scientology is really a subject in the workings of the mind, more akin to psychology and the study of human behavour.

Scientology doesn,t pretend to know about Godhead, so it will never tell you that god said this....or god said that.

Scientology is similar to religion, because it does deal with beliefs to a degree, so it is a religion to a degree.

Ron Hubbard was a very intelligent man, and to see through mainsteam reigion (false religion) and come up with the writtings of scientology is a credit to him.

Now you will see in this forum a lot of people who will jump on the band wagon to discredit Scientology, without even understanding one thing about it, or if they think they understand it, it will be from rumor and gossip. They have their dogma, and will not give credit to anything else.

But could I ask you if you are a truth seeker, to explore Vedanta, because Vedanta will answer all your questions.

vishva
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Sep '10 01:11
    Originally posted by vishvahetu
    well scientology is really a subject in the workings of the mind, more akin to psychology and the study of human behavour.

Originally posted by vishvahetu
    Now you will see in this forum a lot of people who will jump on the band wagon to discredit Scientology, without even understanding one thing about it, or if they think they unders ...[text shortened]... ill be from rumor and gossip. They have their dogma, and will not give credit to anything else.
    I read his work "Dianetics" and you are correct in that it deals with "workings of the mind", yes, akin to psychology, and clearly "Dianetics" was to Hubbard as "Psychology of the Unconscious" or "Psychological Types" was to Carl Jung.

A scientific work. Clearly not the basis for a "religion". Hubbard admitted creating Scientology as a tax shelter, nothing more.

Let me ask you just how intensive and personal is *your* knowledge of Scientology?
  15. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Sep '10 01:35
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I read his work "Dianetics" and you are correct in that it deals with "workings of the mind", yes, akin to psychology, and clearly "Dianetics" was to Hubbard as "Psychology of the Unconscious" or "Psychological Types" was to Carl Jung.

A scientific work. Clearly not the basis for a "religion". Hubbard admitted creating Scientology as a tax shelter, not ...[text shortened]...
    Let me ask you just how intensive and personal is *your* knowledge of Scientology?
    Well I looked at it, and gave credit to where it was due, but I am more interested in the meaning of life, and how life works, and what is God, and what happens when I die etc etc etc.

There is a maxim which states that: " if you are spiritually well then you are automatically well physically, mentally and psychologically etc........so being forefilled spiritually made it unnecessary to persue scientology or other offerings.

Now scientology didnt go as far enough into the spiritual, so i dismissed it and went elsewhere, and that search lead me to the knowledge found in Vedanta....but.....I did not just blindly accept Vedanta, but i researched and studied Vedanta, and practiced the ways for 30 years, and now I know that nothing else even comes close to the truth about life& God on this planet than Vedanta.

vishva

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree