1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Feb '13 22:52
    Come on let's have a look at you, see if can straighten you out too...
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    19 Feb '13 23:091 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I used to hang around the hare krsna farm for a few months.
    Do you think the Hare Krsna's are a cult?

They certainly have some cultish aspects about them but the fact that there is no "bad vibes" if you leave them seems to make them fairly harmless in my book.
  3. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    19 Feb '13 23:10
    I am a member of the Church of Tesco Cheap Chocolate Digestive Biscuits.

I have taken an oath to donate all my money to
    the Church of Tesco Cheap Chocolate Digestive Biscuits.

I also subscribe to the Holy Mission of Lyons Tea.

Service is held at 4 pm every day when the breaking of the Digestives
    and the drinking of the Tea is observed.

Our numbers are in the millions. Much more than the JW's or the Mormons
    or the Church of Scientology.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Feb '13 23:16
    I used to be a Republican. They actually had me convinced they were for smaller government at one time.....but then I did some digging and learned the truth. 😞
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 Feb '13 23:25
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    I am a member of the Church of Tesco Cheap Chocolate Digestive Biscuits.

I have taken an oath to donate all my money to
    the Church of Tesco Cheap Chocolate Digestive Biscuits.

I also subscribe to the Holy Mission of Lyons Tea.

Service is held at 4 pm every day when the breaking of the Digestives
    and the drinking of the Tea is observed.
    ...[text shortened]... ers are in the millions. Much more than the JW's or the Mormons
    or the Church of Scientology.
    In that case, you may be beyond hope. But all things are possible with God. 😏

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 Feb '13 23:27
    Originally posted by whodey
    I used to be a Republican. They actually had me convinced they were for smaller government at one time.....but then I did some digging and learned the truth. 😞
    Well, I know the Democrats are for big government, so what does that leave you?
  7. Standard memberKepler
    Demon Duck
    of Doom!
    Moves
    19 Feb '13 23:32
    I want to join the Order of the Black Sheep but it's oop narf so a bit far to travel for a heavy metal take on god bothering.
  8. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    19 Feb '13 23:34
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    http://news.sky.com/story/1054226/gun-owners-given-special-pizza-discount

Here's one for you RJ,

the church of the holy gun owning pizza shop.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Feb '13 23:39
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    At least the democrat cult embraces the gospel of statism to cure all our ills, instead of pretending to oppose it.
  10. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    20 Feb '13 00:092 edits
    I did the basic and advanced Lifespring training. I stopped before taking the leadership seminars because it would have taken too much time and attention away from my family and work. I knew people who went into it who became rabid recruiters. I bought in and thought it was what the world needed. So I have some insight on how cults affect their followers.

http://www.rickross.com/groups/lifespring.html

http://www.rickross.com/reference/lifespring/lifespring3.html
  11. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    20 Feb '13 19:25
    I'm not at the moment, but would consider joining one if somebody was prepared to offer some enticing incitements. Not, like, after I die, you understand, what use is that? And none of this "peace and love" crap either. Money, I want money. Or good quality inebriants. I'd probably settle for a second hand Golf with less than 70k miles on it.
  12. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    20 Feb '13 19:416 edits
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    I'm not at the moment, but would consider joining one if somebody was prepared to offer some enticing incitements. Not, like, after I die, you understand, what use is that? And none of this "peace and love" crap either. Money, I want money. Or good quality inebriants. I'd probably settle for a second hand Golf with less than 70k miles on it.
    And none of this "peace and love" crap either. Money, I want money.

Done. Yet another example of how the Bible can be used to support pretty much anything. It can and has been used to support such things as slavery,racism, sexism, homophobia, capital punishment, etc. What's of particular interest is that none of these are supported by the teachings of Jesus while he walked the Earth. Rather they are supported by the teachings of the OT and the teachings of Paul and others.

Prosperity theology (sometimes referred to as the prosperity gospel or the health and wealth gospel)[A] is a Christian religious doctrine that financial blessing is the will of God for Christians, and that faith, positive speech, and donations to Christian ministries will always increase one's material wealth. Based on non-traditional interpretations of the Bible, often with emphasis on the Book of Malachi, the doctrine views the Bible as a contract between God and humans: if humans have faith in God, he will deliver his promises of security and prosperity. Confessing these promises to be true is perceived as an act of faith, which God will honor.

The Neo-Pentecostal movement has been characterized in part by an emphasis on prosperity theology,[35] which gained greater acceptance within charismatic Christianity during the late 1990s.[36] By 2006, three of the four largest congregations in the United States were teaching prosperity theology, and Joel Osteen has been credited with spreading it outside of the Pentecostal and Charismatic movement through his books, which have sold over 4 million copies.[6][D] Bruce Wilkinson's The Prayer of Jabez also sold millions of copies and invited readers to seek prosperity.[4]

By the 2000s, adherents of prosperity theology in the United States were most common in the Sun Belt.[11] In the late 2000s, proponents claimed that tens of millions of Christians had accepted prosperity theology.[11] A 2006 poll by Time reported that 17 percent of Christians in America said they identified with the movement.[6] There is no official governing body for the movement, though many ministries are unofficially linked.[8]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prosperity_theology#Recent_U.S._history
  13. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    20 Feb '13 19:47
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    At first get the money. Then feel free to try either R32 or Golf V. With the former you can drive 500km on the spot with your black tie in a rainy night after a really hard day, and the latter can be boosted up to 250HP with a Revo in a blink and give you that smile during kick down or whilst turning😵
  14. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    20 Feb '13 20:22
    Originally posted by black beetle
    At first get the money. Then feel free to try either R32 or Golf V. With the former you can drive 500km on the spot with your black tie in a rainy night after a really hard day, and the latter can be boosted up to 250HP with a Revo in a blink and give you that smile during kick down or whilst turning😵
    I shall look for promotion so from the Church of Tesco Cheap Chocolate Digestives.
    No longer shall I be a humble ordinary member.

I want an immediate upgrade to Cardinal with a stretch limo,
    a gulfstream V jet and the best of haute cuisine and champagne.

Cash bribes will be acceptable in the conclave.
    There had better not be any digestives in that brown envelope.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Feb '13 23:50
    I am a Deadhead. I have collected [to date] soundboard recordings of 1,502 of the Grateful Dead's concerts and I am still always on the lookout for more. When I meet or contact other people who have a similar compulsion, we immediately know we are connected by a doesn't-have-to-be-explained mutual understanding and the possession of 100s of GBs of HD storage.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree