1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    21 Jul '09 20:00
    Luke 21:24. Any thoughts on what this is refering to?
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    21 Jul '09 23:28
    This must be a a hard one...
  3. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    22 Jul '09 00:19
    Originally posted by galveston75
    This must be a a hard one...
    "And they shall fall by the edge of the sword; and shall be led away captive into all nations; and Jerusalem shall be trodden down by the Gentiles; till the times of the nations be fulfilled", Hey, this is my thought, That Christ will return when all the nations have been preached to, to Christ's liking.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 Jul '09 00:23
    I have heard people speculate that time of the Gentiles ended when Israel became a nation once again.
  5. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    22 Jul '09 02:461 edit
    I have heard this also. I know there are different lines of eschatology. I think though Israel is not really in full control of Israel at this time. Jerusalem is still a divided city. So if you go with that line of eschatology The Jews have to build their temple.

Manny
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    22 Jul '09 13:25
    Originally posted by menace71
    I have heard this also. I know there are different lines of eschatology. I think though Israel is not really in full control of Israel at this time. Jerusalem is still a divided city. So if you go with that line of eschatology The Jews have to build their temple.

Manny
    But wouldn't ones have to agree in Gods view it could only have one explination?
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 Jul '09 15:32
    Originally posted by menace71

Manny
    Whether or not they are in full control may not be the issue. The simple creation of the Zionist state within Israel may be what is being discussed here.
  8. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    22 Jul '09 17:44
    Nationalism (individual state-countries) is God's current policy with respect to compartmentalizing the world, thus keeping those who walk on it safe.

Once the Church Age is over (with the final believer coming into that fold), a brief intermission occurs, wherein Satan is allowed free rein for seven years. Once his desperate act is complete, the one nation which some have clamored for will finally come into play. However, that 'one nation' is to be ruled over by none other than the Lord Jesus Christ, Himself.

Speaking of the "desperate act" of Satan, he will endeavor to emulate what will follow his seven years, i.e., a one-world government. In this, he will seemingly pull it off... at first. The latter part of his time will show that he cannot possibly administer all that he had otherwise ruled since man's fall in the Garden.
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    23 Jul '09 19:191 edit
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Nationalism (individual state-countries) is God's current policy with respect to compartmentalizing the world, thus keeping those who walk on it safe.

Once the Church Age is over (with the final believer coming into that fold), a brief intermission occurs, wherein Satan is allowed free rein for seven years. Once his desperate act is complete, the one n cannot possibly administer all that he had otherwise ruled since man's fall in the Garden.
    It applies to a "specific" or "appointed" time period. The Messiah had been promised to come thru the line of David. This line of David was protected by God thru the nation of Israel until Jersalems destruction in 607 BCE which God allowed to happen because of the nation of Isreals disobideance to him. After this time no one in the line of David ever sat on an earthly throne again. Ezek 21: 25-27 confirms this. Along with these scriptures though Ps 2:6,7 & Heb 5:5 shows that it would be Jesus that would sit on the throne next from heavenly Mt Zion.
    So for an exact period of time, the Gentile nations around them would have many bad affects on the nation of Isreal and keep them in subjection. So again it started in 607 BCE. When was this to end? When is Jesus to take his place on the throne of the Kingdom?
  10. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    24 Jul '09 18:40
    It applies to a "specific" or "appointed" time period. The Messiah had been promised to come thru the line of David. This line of David was protected by God thru the nation of Israel until Jersalems destruction in 607 BCE which God allowed to happen because of the nation of Isreals disobideance to him. After this time no one in the line of David ever sat ...[text shortened]... 607 BCE. When was this to end? When is Jesus to take his place on the throne of the Kingdom?
    The Age of Israel has been displaced by the Church Age--- the time of the mystery doctrine--- which was initiated with Christ's ascension to Heaven. The Church Age will end as the Tribulation begins, after which will begin Christ's 1,000 year reign.
  11. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    24 Jul '09 20:31
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH

Once the Church Age is over (with the final believer coming into that fold), a brief intermission occurs, wherein Satan is allowed free rein for seven years. Once his desperate act is complete, the one n ...[text shortened]... cannot possibly administer all that he had otherwise ruled since man's fall in the Garden.
    I thought that the devil would roam through the world for a thousand years?
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    24 Jul '09 21:33
    Originally posted by daniel58
    I thought that the devil would roam through the world for a thousand years?
    Hi Daniel. Actually no. He is to be imprisoned for that thousand years.
    Rev 20: 1- 3 explains this. What this abyss is the Bible doesn't say because we don't know what would hold or keep a spirit creature like satan confined. But at least for that thousand year period we on earth will be free from his wickedness.
  13. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    24 Jul '09 21:35
    Hi Daniel. Actually no. He is to be imprisoned for that thousand years.
    Rev 20: 1- 3 explains this. What this abyss is the Bible doesn't say because we don't know what would hold or keep a spirit creature like satan confined. But at least for that thousand year period we on earth will be free from his wickedness.
    Hey, what about the 7 years again?
  14. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    24 Jul '09 22:36
    The entire passage around this verse is intended to instill hope in the followers of Jesus regarding the destruction of the temple and the fears of the people that they would be carted off in bondage yet again. It was put to paper after the fact so it's hard to say whether it was added to help the followers of the time, or whether it's something Jesus said that was applied specifically to the fall of the temple (much like how Nostradamus' "prophecies" are used).
  15. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    24 Jul '09 22:55
    Originally posted by daniel58
    Hey, what about the 7 years again?
    What do you mean?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree