1. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    26 Jul '09 17:30
    Are the J-Dubs supposed to usher in this Paradise? Man.

Manny[/b]
    Maybe that's what they think, but it's wrong.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Jul '09 18:12
    Originally posted by galveston75
    No answer Raj?????
    You already quoted that verse in another thread implying that you were being persecuted, and I replied. I dont really have time for all your pettiness.

My aim, I already told you was to challenge your JW doctrine which I consider to be mostly false and contrary to what Christ taught.
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    26 Jul '09 20:13
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    You already quoted that verse in another thread implying that you were being persecuted, and I replied. I dont really have time for all your pettiness.

My aim, I already told you was to challenge your JW doctrine which I consider to be mostly false and contrary to what Christ taught.
    But given the hatred you have for the Witnesses, I would fear for the life of any Witness that happened to knock on your door doing what Jesus told us to do.
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    26 Jul '09 20:15
    Originally posted by menace71
    Christ did not come to earth in 1914 and never will. Really? He never came to earth? Man sounds more confusing all the time. So if He Christ never came to earth ever than how do you even know anything happened in 1914? I do not see this earthly paradise either. Are the J-Dubs supposed to usher in this Paradise? Man.

Manny
    We usher in the paradise? Never heard that one. You should only quote what you know is the truth. No Witness would ever say such a thing...
  5. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    26 Jul '09 20:39
    I'm only repeating your confusion or confusing of the scriptures. Why would the God of the universe chose the J-Dubs and only the J-Dubs to be the only mouth piece for God? Think about that for a minute. Now if you came to my door honestly I would not kill you or persecute you.(I joke 🙂 ) I would undoubtedly argue with you. I've been reading about the J-Dubs and trying to convince you about the divinity of Christ is like telling you to worship a pagan god or something. I think any discussion though should start with who Christ is. Also what Christ is not. That would be a starting point for a meaningful discussion. My problem is that J-Dub doctrine flys in the face of roughly 2000 years of tradition. I know the traditions of men but based on scripture. Lastly I believe there will be J-Dubs saved there will be Mormons saved all sorts that we would not believe. People in all these groups love God. Maybe misguided but God knows our hearts. I always get in trouble when I say this.

Manny
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Jul '09 21:02
    Originally posted by galveston75
    But given the hatred you have for the Witnesses, I would fear for the life of any Witness that happened to knock on your door doing what Jesus told us to do.
    I dont hate JWs. I pity the brainwashed idiots as they wallow in their stupidity.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Jul '09 21:072 edits
    tradition, now what did the Christ himself say about the traditions of men, let me see, ahh yes, here it is,

And so you have made the word of God invalid because of your tradition.
    Matthew - 15:6

is this not the case with nominal Christianity, yes i think it is, for you can name any moral issue and they have sought to establish their own morality, you can mention the pagan elements of their religious observations or traditions until you are blue in the face, in fact, you would be better advised to talk to a brick wall, for it will make no difference, you may also mention the divine name and its significance, but no, they have turned the messiah into an object of veneration and devotion, ascribing him the same place reserved only for the Almighty, it makes not the slightest bit of difference, Why?

the verse continues

you hypocrites, Isaiah aptly prophesied about you, when he said,  ‘This people honours me with their lips, yet their heart is far removed from me.  It is in vain that they keep worshipping me, because they teach commands of men as doctrines' Matthew 15:7-9

time would evade us if we were to mention them all, but such commands as

the immortality of the human soul
    the teaching of hell fire
    the trinity
    idol worship
    nationalism
    wars

etc etc etc, yep the commands of man as doctrines!
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Jul '09 21:15
    what about those people who have been helped immeasurably by Jehovah witnesses to better their lives? who have overcome marital strife, alcohol abuse, drug addiction, prostitution, gambling addictions, violence and criminality, are they brainwashed idiots, you bet your life, they have had their minds washed clean of the filth of this system and are serving God with devotion and sincerity to the best of their ability

All the same, wisdom is proved righteous by its works. Matthew 11:19

read it and weep, read it and weep!
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Jul '09 21:22
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    what about those people who have been helped immeasurably by Jehovah witnesses to better their lives? who have overcome marital strife, alcohol abuse, drug addiction, prostitution, gambling addictions, violence and criminality, are they brainwashed idiots, you bet your life, they have had their minds washed clean of the filth of this system and are ...[text shortened]... wisdom is proved righteous by its works. Matthew 11:19

read it and weep, read it and weep!
    That has to be the most narrow-mindid piece of garbage you ever wrote Robbie. The JWs alone help people with all those problems ... yeah .. JWs alone do that. Are you in your right mind ?
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    26 Jul '09 21:241 edit
    Originally posted by menace71
    I'm only repeating your confusion or confusing of the scriptures. Why would the God of the universe chose the J-Dubs and only the J-Dubs to be the only mouth piece for God? Think about that for a minute. Now if you came to my door honestly I would not kill you or persecute you.(I joke 🙂 ) I would undoubtedly argue with you. I've been reading about the J-Du ...[text shortened]... d. Maybe misguided but God knows our hearts. I always get in trouble when I say this.

Manny
    .""" Why would the God of the universe chose the J-Dubs and only the J-Dubs to be the only mouth piece for God? """

I'm not saying we're the Isrealites or the Jews of old. But considering they were such a small group of people that God used as their spokesman..... You get the point? Why not?. Who are you or anyone else here to say that this small group or that small group is not someone that God could be using? (((((((Matt 7:13))))))))Is it only because you don't agree or have a different opinion, that we are wrong? Acts 15;14 is very clear that he would have a people for his NAME and that name is not Jesus. Who may I ask qualifies for this scripture? No one else uses Jehovah's name and does the work Jesus said to do earth wide and we do. NO ONE!!!! Find me that religion that does exactly what the scriptuers here are saying and I'll change to them..
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Jul '09 21:391 edit
    That has to be the most narrow-mindid piece of garbage you ever wrote Robbie. The JWs alone help people with all those problems ... yeah .. JWs alone do that. Are you in your right mind ?
    did i state that Jehovah witnesses alone have done this? no i did not, so let us not delude ourselves and one must of course remember that your opinion is in no way to be construed as some type of truth, although it professes to masquerade as such, whereas those persons who have been helped are living proof that the work of Jehovahs witnesses is good, indeed that wisdom is proved righteous by its works, that is not a mere opinion in the guise of truth, but a fact of life! read it and weep Raji Baji read it and weep! if you were to wait for a member of nominal Christianity to knock on your door giving g practical advise, how long would one have to wait. a week, a year, a decade, no Raji Baji one could wait a lifetime!
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Jul '09 22:29
    did i state that Jehovah witnesses alone have done this? no i did not, so let us not delude ourselves and one must of course remember that your opinion is in no way to be construed as some type of truth, although it professes to masquerade as such, whereas those persons who have been helped are living proof that the work of Jehovahs witnesses is goo ...[text shortened]... w long would one have to wait. a week, a year, a decade, no Raji Baji one could wait a lifetime!
    Do you really believe that the JWs make up all or part of the 144,000 referred to in Revelation. And if 'Yes', do you think that this is a doctrine preached by Christ?
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Jul '09 23:081 edit
    Do you really believe that the JWs make up all or part of the 144,000 referred to in Revelation. And if 'Yes', do you think that this is a doctrine preached by Christ?
    no one knows who makes up the constituent parts of the 144,000 except the individual members themselves, for it is made known to them personally through Gods spirit. did Christ teach this? yes he did for it is the very basis of Gods Kingdom, not only Christ but Peter, Paul and John but to name a few.

But i find it most interesting that apostates and other opposer's of Jehovahs witnesses, finding nothing wrong with the work that they do, must resort to some other tactic, either attacking the watchtower society, their publications or some prominent members, its really quite pathetic in the original sense of the word, not to mention unoriginal and uninspired.
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Jul '09 23:48
    no one knows who makes up the constituent parts of the 144,000 except the individual members themselves, ...
    Do you know any?
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Jul '09 23:53
    Do you know any?
    me? no, i don't know any, and how could I, for they may have lived hundred of years ago. for example it is generally held to be the case that Christ apostles are members of the 144,000. as for present day ones, i dunno? all i know is that its not me, for i have no desire to go to heaven, i am awaiting an earthly paradise 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree