Appointed Times of the Nations?

Appointed Times of the Nations?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
27 Jul 09

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
me? no, i don't know any, and how could I, for they may have lived hundred of years ago. for example it is generally held to be the case that Christ apostles are members of the 144,000. as for present day ones, i dunno? all i know is that its not me, for i have no desire to go to heaven, i am awaiting an earthly paradise 🙂
Thanks.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
27 Jul 09

no one knows who makes up the constituent parts of the 144,000 except the individual members themselves, for it is made known to them personally through Gods spirit. did Christ teach this? yes he did for it is the very basis of Gods Kingdom, not only Christ but Peter, Paul and John but to name a few.

But i find it most interesting that apostat ...[text shortened]... lly quite pathetic in the original sense of the word, not to mention unoriginal and uninspired.
What I find particularly amusing is the wholesale inconsistencies associated with the JW history in comparison to the utter confidence in supposed fact modern-day adherents lend its current tenets.

This diversion was initiated in immaturity by an uneducated (albeit business savvy) man obsessed with the sensational aspects of Christianity, i.e., end times. By itself, Russel's lack of education wouldn't be such an issue, given the counter-intuitive nature of Christianity. However, the fact that Russel knew absolutely nothing about either Hebrew or Greek and yet considered his studies hearty enough to assault the mainstream perspectives of his day says a lot more about his arrogance than anything else.

Think about what that means. Without benefit of knowing the actual original text of any piece of Scripture, Russel believed that he had somehow plumbed the depths of his King James version of the Bible and was in a position to restore the concepts shared by those believers from the first century of Christianity.

Notably, an actual apostle from the very book Russel supposedly gained his "restorative" information wrote very specifically to not concern oneself with speculation about dates of Christ's return. And, as if this flat-out obstinance wasn't enough, Russel went so far as to sell his businesses on the iron-clad fact that Christ was going to return no later than April of 1878, devoting himself to teaching others this same off-base, left-field silliness.

The list goes on, of course, with other dates which came and went, but here are two more factoids which are simply in complete opposition to behavior fitting a man of God in any type of leadership position:

1. In court multiple times suing others for defamation of character, libel and other inconsequential offences.

2. Was unable to manage his own household (divorce).

Of course, this says nothing of JW's complete separation from Scripture teachings, namely the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ. Their holdings that He was also Michael the archangel are not only demonstrably untrue, the simplicity used in reaching such a conclusion is laughable.

rc

Moves
27 Jul 09
2 edits

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
What I find particularly amusing is the wholesale inconsistencies associated with the JW history in comparison to the utter confidence in supposed fact modern-day adherents lend its current tenets.

This diversion was initiated in immaturity by an uneducated (albeit business savvy) man obsessed with the sensational aspects of Christianity, i.e., end time only demonstrably untrue, the simplicity used in reaching such a conclusion is laughable.
yawn is this the best you have got, libel against a mans character whom you have never met (does that not strike you as prejudice, it does to me), sigh and i thought this was the year 2009, unfounded and desperate lies against his marital status, yawn, did you ever meet him, did you ever meet his wife? have you spent time looking at the proceedings? do you know what his motives were, answer no, you have not got a clue, i would suggest that you start by educating yourself then you will not be prey to such incoherent babbling and well what can i say, prejudiced bilge water of a post, or alternatively like ummm you can get a life,

and as for the scriptural references to Christ being the Archangel Michael perhaps you can post their refutation, Mr.Big!

oh and while we are here perhaps you will be as kind to post the human rights cases that Jehovahs witnesses have won in the supreme court of the united States of America, guaranteeing freedom for all, Mr.Big!

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
27 Jul 09

Originally posted by Rajk999
Do you know any?
I did and she died about 25 years ago...

rc

Moves
27 Jul 09

Thanks.
don't mention it, Raji Baji, a poor reprobate like yourself can do with every scrap of truth he can get his hands on 😉

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
27 Jul 09

yawn is this the best you have got, libel against a mans character whom you have never met (does that not strike you as prejudice, it does to me), sigh and i thought this was the year 2009, unfounded and desperate lies against his marital status, yawn, did you ever meet him, did you ever meet his wife? have you spent time looking at the proceedings? ...[text shortened]... won in the supreme court of the united States of America, guaranteeing freedom for all, Mr.Big!
Interesting that you respond to criticism of the JW doctrine with such venom. Its almost as if your life or salvation depended on it. More interesting is how you fire back with such nonsense. Since when do we have to meet Charles Russell to know anything about him or to criticise his doctrine?

As you brought it up, have you met Charles Russell? No? Then you are not in a position to know anything about him either .. are you? So you are not in a position to defend him.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
27 Jul 09

don't mention it, Raji Baji, a poor reprobate like yourself can do with every scrap of truth he can get his hands on 😉
I just said thanks. I did not say what you wrote is the truth.
Dont get confused.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
27 Jul 09

Originally posted by galveston75
How did you know she is one. She said so?

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
27 Jul 09

Originally posted by galveston75
How do you know she was one of the 144,000 ? I thought you could not know this?

Manny

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
27 Jul 09

Sorry there Rajk 🙂 Just repeated your question.

Manny

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
27 Jul 09

Originally posted by menace71
Sorry there Rajk 🙂 Just repeated your question.

Manny
No probs. Maybe they will give two different answers .. 🙂

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
27 Jul 09

Hey Galveston I used to live in Sacramento Ca. Where you live is very beautiful. I work for Schuck's/O'Reilly Auto Parts (Kragen in Cali) Mustang's are cool. Don't own one but I like the 67 a lot. I had a friend that owned a 67, 69 & a 94 Mustang. He was an expert on the Mustang. I was reading Lee Iacocca's autobiography they call him the father of the Mustang. Any way cool stuff.

Manny

rc

Moves
27 Jul 09
1 edit

Interesting that you respond to criticism of the JW doctrine with such venom. Its almost as if your life or salvation depended on it. More interesting is how you fire back with such nonsense. Since when do we have to meet Charles Russell to know anything about him or to criticise his doctrine?

As you brought it up, have you met Charles Russell? No? Then ...[text shortened]... sition to know anything about him either .. are you? So you are not in a position to defend him.
haha Raji Baji, when one sees environmental pollution, say and oil slick for example, one is quick to clean it up lest it reap its destructive tendencies, the same with spiritual garbage, one must be quick to clean it up, and while we are here, was not the very same criticism that the Freaky one posted about Mr. Russell levelled against the apostles,

Now when they beheld the outspokenness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were men unlettered and ordinary, they got to wondering. Acts 4:13

haha, rather incriminating, don't you think and i am not the one airing my prejudices am I, no no, let us be quite clear.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
27 Jul 09

How did you know she is one. She said so?
She just knew. I wasn't one to judge or question her. The scriptures say they will know from God so I'm not one to question that.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
27 Jul 09

Originally posted by menace71
Hey Galveston I used to live in Sacramento Ca. Where you live is very beautiful. I work for Schuck's/O'Reilly Auto Parts (Kragen in Cali) Mustang's are cool. Don't own one but I like the 67 a lot. I had a friend that owned a 67, 69 & a 94 Mustang. He was an expert on the Mustang. I was reading Lee Iacocca's autobiography they call him the father of the Mustang. Any way cool stuff.

Manny
Yes it is beautiful here for sure and only 20 miles from the coast. And Mustangs are a lot of fun. I've had 5 and trying to work on my 6th soon... 🙂