1. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    02 Nov '11 05:21
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    As to serving in the armed forces, what does secular history disclose about the
    attitude of early Christians?

“A careful review of all the information available goes to show that, until the time of
    Marcus Aurelius [Roman emperor from 161 to 180 C.E.], [b]no Christian became a
    soldier; and no soldier, after becoming a Christian, remained in m ...[text shortened]... trates, or of
    princes.”—History of Christianity (New York, 1891), Edward Gibbon, pp. 162, 163.
    You know it's noble and right to love peace but you guys need to pull your heads out !!!! as MR. Hinds says LOL You twist history and scripture

Joshua was a man of war. David was a man of war (God still loved him)
    You twist history. It's ok to be a pacifist just don't hide behind being a JW to do it.

Manny
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Nov '11 08:081 edit
    Originally posted by menace71
    You know it's noble and right to love peace but you guys need to pull your heads out !!!! as MR. Hinds says LOL You twist history and scripture

You twist history. It's ok to be a pacifist just don't hide behind being a JW to do it.

Manny
    whats up? did secular historians burst your bubble. Just like a nominal Christian to
    clutch at straws and proffer his opinion like it was some kind of truth. We are
    Christians, perhaps you can point to a single Biblical verse which states that a
    Christian should go to war, for i can cite many that are contrary, but what's the point,
    you'll simply ignore them and spout some other self certified opinion. Never the
    less, for those that do appreciate Biblical principles and their application,

(Isaiah 2:3-4) . . .” For out of Zion law will go forth, and the word of Jehovah out of
    Jerusalem.  And he will certainly render judgment among the nations and set
    matters straight respecting many peoples. And they will have to beat their swords
    into plowshares and their spears into pruning shears. Nation will not lift up sword
    against nation, neither will they learn war anymore.

(2 Corinthians 10:4)  For the weapons of our warfare are not fleshly, but
    powerful by God for overturning strongly entrenched things.

which one of these verse have we twisted, do tell.
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    02 Nov '11 09:081 edit

Manny
    And why were these men warriors? Any clue as to why Jehovah had his people fight?
    Do a little research and see if you can figure this out.

In the meantime we do what Jehovah tells us to do. Jehovah had his people fight then and that's what they did.
    But the need to fight is not needed now and Jesus with direction from his Father has told us not to fight and not to kill.
    So that is what we do not do.
    Try and imagine what this world would be like if all followed Jesus's words on this if you can pull your head out...........
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Nov '11 09:19
    Originally posted by galveston75
    And why were these men warriors? Any clue as to why Jehovah had his people fight?

In the meantime we do what Jehovah tells us to do. Jehovah had his people fight then and that's what they did.
    But the need to fight is not needed now and Jesus with direction from his Father has told us not t ...[text shortened]... d would be like if all followed Jesus's words on this if you can pull your head out...........
    God did not approve of Davids warfare, that is why he was refused permission to build
    the temple. Joshua was commanded to execute divine judgement, which Army
    personal is likewise executing divine commands when they take up a weapon? and we
    are the ones twisting scripture, hilarious.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    02 Nov '11 12:46

But the need to fight is not needed now and Jesus with direction from his Father has told us not t ...[text shortened]... d would be like if all followed Jesus's words on this if you can pull your head out...........
    Don't you mean you do what the Watchtower tells you?
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    02 Nov '11 12:502 edits
    God did not approve of Davids warfare, that is why he was refused permission to build
    the temple. Joshua was commanded to execute divine judgement, which Army
    personal is likewise executing divine commands when they take up a weapon? and we
    are the ones twisting scripture, hilarious.
    David had sex with another man's wife and also had the man put in the
    thick of battle so that man would be sure to be killed in an attempt to
    cover up his affair.

P.S. I suppose you believe God disapproved of David going into battle
    against the giant Goliath too.
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    02 Nov '11 16:58
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    David had sex with another man's wife and also had the man put in the
    thick of battle so that man would be sure to be killed in an attempt to
    cover up his affair.

P.S. I suppose you believe God disapproved of David going into battle
    against the giant Goliath too.
    Oh my, again..... I seem to say that a lot with your comments. Like I said at least your enternaining to say the least when you ask questions like this. Lol
    I could come back with some smart remark but I'm seeing that it's not good as I just know you really don't understand as much about us as you think. So I'll give you some slack. 🙂
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    02 Nov '11 17:53
    Oh my, again..... I seem to say that a lot with your comments. Like I said at least your enternaining to say the least when you ask questions like this. Lol
    I could come back with some smart remark but I'm seeing that it's not good as I just know you really don't understand as much about us as you think. So I'll give you some slack. 🙂
    The question is for robbie. I believe he is the more knowledgeable one
    for he claims to know Greek.
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    02 Nov '11 18:07
    The question is for robbie. I believe he is the more knowledgeable one
    for he claims to know Greek.
    Oh for sure he is. But I'm just amased at the questions you ask us at times. If you really knew us as yoiu think you do and say you do, you wouldn't ask those strange questions.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    02 Nov '11 19:05
    Oh for sure he is. But I'm just amased at the questions you ask us at times. If you really knew us as yoiu think you do and say you do, you wouldn't ask those strange questions.
    I was not with the JWs very long. I know you guys are supposed to
    agree on everything; but robbie may have a different opinion than
    you since he is not in the USA. My problem was I could not agree on
    almost anything with group I was with. It appears to still be the same.
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    02 Nov '11 20:051 edit
    I was not with the JWs very long. I know you guys are supposed to
    agree on everything; but robbie may have a different opinion than
    you since he is not in the USA. My problem was I could not agree on
    almost anything with group I was with. It appears to still be the same.
    Oh we may have a different opinion on who's going to win the Superbowl but when it comes to the Bible..complete agreement. This agreement will be the same all over the world with any JW. Just as Jesus said there would be with his followers.
    So are you a part of any church now or just on your own?
  12. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    02 Nov '11 22:30
    whats up? did secular historians burst your bubble. Just like a nominal Christian to
    clutch at straws and proffer his opinion like it was some kind of truth. We are
    Christians, perhaps you can point to a single Biblical verse which states that a
    Christian should go to war, for i can cite many that are contrary, but what's the point,
    you'll ...[text shortened]... rturning strongly entrenched things.

which one of these verse have we twisted, do tell.
    In a perfect world when God rules there will no longer be warfare. However we aint there yet. So whatever be conquered if you choose!! The sons of Zebudee we called sons of thunder by Jesus and Jesus did not rebuke them for that.

Manny
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Nov '11 23:16
    In a perfect world when God rules there will no longer be warfare. However we aint there yet. So whatever be conquered if you choose!! The sons of Zebudee we called sons of thunder by Jesus and Jesus did not rebuke them for that.

Manny
    and that's relevant because?
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    03 Nov '11 03:05
    Oh we may have a different opinion on who's going to win the Superbowl but when it comes to the Bible..complete agreement. This agreement will be the same all over the world with any JW. Just as Jesus said there would be with his followers.
    So are you a part of any church now or just on your own?
    I do not claim to be part of any organized religious group now. But I
    am still a member of the Calvary Baptist Church in Tyler, Texas. I do
    claim to be a Christian and part of the Body of Christ with other
    Christians.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree