1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    23 May '12 15:19
    Originally posted by menace71
    Are you thinking about switching groups/sects/denominations/religions ? No I highly doubt it. 🙂 I think every group believes they have the backing of God. I don't believe all paths lead to God however.

Manny
    No not gonna do that but when one ask questions, you learn.
    So if not all paths lead to God, how does one know that?
  2. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    23 May '12 15:21
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Well actually it is an honest question. Believe it or not I am curious to see other thoughts on others viewpoints such as this. OK?
    Well, I'd start with, what makes something a Christian religion. Get your candidates lined up. We can rest assured that there will be show-stopping disagreements between self-styled Christians on which religions are "true Christian" religions. I have seen the RCC and JW's declared not to be Christian religions, for example.

In other words, this question is set up wrong. Obviously, any religion that is agreed by all here to be a Christian religion, will by that fact, be acknowledged not to have any significant differences from the rest. Maybe you should start with a different question: are all religions that claim they are Christian, backed and supported by God? then once you have agreed on which ones are supported, analyze why they differ from one another. But I predict once they are admitted to the inner sanctum of being Christian, their differences will be deemed unimportant.
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    23 May '12 15:53
    Originally posted by JS357
    Well, I'd start with, what makes something a Christian religion. Get your candidates lined up. We can rest assured that there will be show-stopping disagreements between self-styled Christians on which religions are "true Christian" religions. I have seen the RCC and JW's declared not to be Christian religions, for example.

In other words, this question is ...[text shortened]... itted to the inner sanctum of being Christian, their differences will be deemed unimportant.
    Why would the differances not be important? Not important to man or to God?
  4. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    23 May '12 16:21
    Why would the differances not be important? Not important to man or to God?
    What would a Christian say to this? I'd think, something like "If God points out that a particular way of believing or being is the only true way to be a Christian, it's important to God that we believe or be that way, and therefore, it is important to us. If it is unimportant to God, then it is optional for us."

So can Christians, while being true Christians, mistakenly think some things are important to God, when they actually aren't important, or, while being true Christians, mistakenly think some things are not important to God, when they actually are important?

It seems like Christians would look to Biblical guidance on this question.
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    23 May '12 16:52
    What would a Christian say to this? I'd think, something like "If God points out that a particular way of believing or being is the only true way to be a Christian, it's important to God that we believe or be that way, and therefore, it is important to us. If it is unimportant to God, then it is optional for us."

So can Christians, while being true Christia ...[text shortened]... re important?

It seems like Christians would look to Biblical guidance on this question.
    Yes a Christain should look to the Bible for those answers because in reality it's not what we really think or prefer but it's what God has said in his book to us. He gives laws, principles and guidelines for us to honor and worship him in a way he accepts. We need to know those things from God's viewpoint, not mans.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 May '12 16:59
    Yes a Christain should look to the Bible for those answers because in reality it's not what we really think or prefer but it's what God has said in his book to us. He gives laws, principles and guidelines for us to honor and worship him in a way he accepts. We need to know those things from God's viewpoint, not mans.
    Hi, if you would prefer not to respond to my request for you to do so in the My pastor is a secret Atheist thread, please just say so and I'll stop trying to attract your attention. Thanks.
  7. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    23 May '12 17:141 edit
    Basically, this leaves us with the question of how a person changes from a newborn who can't read, into a person who can read the Bible for him or herself and correctly understand what it means.
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    23 May '12 19:34
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Hi, if you would prefer not to respond to my request for you to do so in the My pastor is a secret Atheist thread, please just say so and I'll stop trying to attract your attention. Thanks.
    I'm sorry. I've missed that and will go try to find it. Been really busy...
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    23 May '12 19:51
    Basically, this leaves us with the question of how a person changes from a newborn who can't read, into a person who can read the Bible for him or herself and correctly understand what it means.
    The Bible says that only with God's help and direction can one fully understand what is written the Bible.
    Why is that? The Bible says that "God is a reader of hearts". This book he gave us is not written in a simplistic way on purpose that just all can understand. One has to be searching from a humble heart that is wanting to be lead by God's spirit to learn. One has to be like a "sheep" and be willing to be lead and trained by God by the use of the Bibles information.
    Being a sheeplike person does not mean one has to be a robot or cannot think on their own by anymeans but it means one has to be willing to be under God's direction and be willing to follow that.
    Many can't because it's not in the personality and that is not always bad but it can be a detourant from God helping one to understand the bible.
    Jesus set the perfect example but sacrificing what he did and told his followers that would have to be willing to do the same.
    So if a religious organization does not fully commit to God and do as he ask they will as a whole not understand the deeper meanings in the Bible. Thus you have so many religions that don't have all the answers and are constantly arguing over the Bible and it's meanings.
    You even see that here with most who say they are Christian and to some extent do have some spiritual truths correct. But then with many they don't. Something is blocking God's spirit from reaching them with the accurate knowledge of the Bible.
    The Bible says that as time would go by from the writing of the Bible that more truths or 'light" would be let shown to those who are truly looking for it. Again many Christians are still believeing doctrines that were made up by man many hundreds or even thousands of years that are not truthful but yet they still believe them. The truths in the Bible have become known by a few just as the Bible fortold and it would not happen for the masses.
  10. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    24 May '12 04:20
    So can a group as you say that is not JW but humbly accepts God's bible and does all that God wants be backed or supported by God ? This can be elaborated on but only requires a yes or no answer

Manny
  11. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    24 May '12 05:07
    The Bible says that only with God's help and direction can one fully understand what is written the Bible.
    Why is that? The Bible says that "God is a reader of hearts". This book he gave us is not written in a simplistic way on purpose that just all can understand. One has to be searching from a humble heart that is wanting to be lead by God's spirit t ...[text shortened]... known by a few just as the Bible fortold and it would not happen for the masses.
    "The Bible says..."

I am wondering how a person learns how to read the Bible correctly for him or herself. Granted, you may have done this, but somebody who listens to g75 say "The Bible says..." and then hears g75 tell him or her what the Bible says, is not, at that moment, reading the bible, correctly or not, for him or herself. I think this fact is indisputable.
  12. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    24 May '12 05:30
    I agree with the fact the G-75 sees the bible through a colored lens of the JW's. I've asked the question before what if a JW who reads his bible disagrees with an interpretation made by the JW organization? Is he then a disavowed ?

Manny
  13. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    25 May '12 14:16
    Originally posted by menace71
    Are you thinking about switching groups/sects/denominations/religions ? No I highly doubt it. 🙂 I think every group believes they have the backing of God. I don't believe all paths lead to God however.

Manny
    What makes you believe that all paths do not lead to God ?
    A very strange statement which may please be explained further.
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    25 May '12 14:32
    Originally posted by rvsakhadeo
    What makes you believe that all paths do not lead to God ?
    A very strange statement which may please be explained further.
    According to the Bible some paths lead to death and destruction. Some paths follow evil and others follow righteousness :

Prov 2:8-9 He keepeth the paths of judgment, and preserveth the way of his saints. Then shalt thou understand righteousness, and judgment, and equity; yea, every good path.

Rom_8:6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

Matt 7:13-14 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
  15. Standard memberrvsakhadeo
    rvsakhadeo
    India
    Moves
    25 May '12 14:36
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    According to the Bible some paths lead to death and destruction. Some paths follow evil and others follow righteousness :

Prov 2:8-9 He keepeth the paths of judgment, and preserveth the way of his saints. Then shalt thou understand righteousness, and judgment, and equity; yea, every good path.

Rom_8:6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be ...[text shortened]... is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
    Of course I agree that all righteous paths lead to God.
    But manny does not seem to think that all righteous paths lead to God but only some do.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree